XIM Community

Titan Two vs Cronus Zen vs XIM  (Read 45894 times)

Offline Jamesbone

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: FlexNup
  • PSN ID: Flexnitup
Re: Titan Two vs Cronus Zen vs XIM
« Reply #15 on: 03:54 PM - 02/08/20 »
I'm also in the Zen beta and completely echo everything that has been said here. None of the settings in the m/kb plugin really make sense. Smoothness at Zero keeps the mouse from moving at all? Sensitivity seems like it has no effect at all. Micro movements are impossible.

This is from 40ish hours JUST in the m/kb settings alone in playground/private matches. I haven't found ANY viable settings to use, and I've tried just about everything. Thus it's currently sitting on a shelf. I had semi-high hopes as it did seem to check a lot of boxes.

Why would someone waste 40 hours on  trying to get a device to work when you can plug your xim apex in create a config and you're 95% done next step configure your buttons and mouse sensitivity LOL. 

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #16 on: 03:30 AM - 02/09/20 »
I'm also in the Zen beta and completely echo everything that has been said here. None of the settings in the m/kb plugin really make sense. Smoothness at Zero keeps the mouse from moving at all? Sensitivity seems like it has no effect at all. Micro movements are impossible.

This is from 40ish hours JUST in the m/kb settings alone in playground/private matches. I haven't found ANY viable settings to use, and I've tried just about everything. Thus it's currently sitting on a shelf. I had semi-high hopes as it did seem to check a lot of boxes.

Why would someone waste 40 hours on  trying to get a device to work when you can plug your xim apex in create a config and you're 95% done next step configure your buttons and mouse sensitivity LOL.
That's kinda the point...40 hours into Zen and it still feels like turd, regardless of settings. XIM on the other hand feels great out of the box and even better with a little optional tweaking.

We've got a consensus here from XIM users - I'm genuinely curious if anyone has made Zen feel remotely close to a XIM.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Frash brang

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Antithesis D
« Reply #17 on: 02:03 AM - 08/08/20 »
I just bought a cronus zen and can confirm it is much better than xim apex and the cronus admin team are very professional, polite and courteous.

I am a alpha tester for all 3rd party gaming products plus I can swim 25 meters with out arm bands so this should give you an idea of my experience.

I also taught antithesis how to tie his shoe laces which is why he pays me 25% of all the money he makes selling xim trade secrets to cronus.

I can confirm that usb hubs work with the zen but only if you buy from amazon and opt for any hub with 45 USB ports or more.

Thanks guys.

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #18 on: 04:54 AM - 08/08/20 »
I know you're lying cos you don't even have a 25m pool frash ::)

Thanks for the help tying my shoes. I don't need to wear Crocs with socks to work anymore :thumbsup:

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Offline Frash brang

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 01:59 PM - 08/08/20 »
I know you're lying cos you don't even have a 25m pool frash ::)

Thanks for the help tying my shoes. I don't need to wear Crocs with socks to work anymore :thumbsup:

Hahahaha nice to chat to someone with a sense of humour.

I've been called a white Knight amongst other things this week over in a rogue company thread and I'm butt hurt over it :)

P. S. Xim apex works a treat with rogue company. If you're interested I'll pm you my set up.

On other news, I'm setting my own company called ximi tech and I've developed a mouse and keyboard adapter that I'd like you to test for me. I have backing from Microsoft to officially support their next gen gaming console.

Exciting times buddy. I've decided to call the adapter caronus 19. Do you think that's a good name?

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #20 on: 04:31 PM - 08/08/20 »
I'd be a little concerned about Caronus, it seems a little close to a rogue company's name. Maybe Caranus?

Mouse & keyboard adapters run pretty hot. Give it a big fan for cooling, really open that thing up and get some air in there.

Offline hsjyes

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: TehEno
« Reply #21 on: 07:04 PM - 08/08/20 »
The thing about the ZEN is the AA and recoil tweaks you can do, plus all the other tweaks ( armor, ping, melee, slide cancel, etc etc) tons of customization if you are good on a controller and you take the time to really dial in settings you will destroy most anyone.

I have the ZEN, been using it since it came out and beta tested it.  The M&K side of things is no way close, not even in the same stratosphere as the XIM when it comes to M&K playing.

But controller players will benefit massively.  I am not good on a controller at all, and when I use the ZEN I end up been not bad with it.

But I am a M&K player, have been all my life and cant go past the XIM for that.

If the XIM worked with the ZEN now that would be amazing :P  But my Razer Tartarus and G502 don't register when I try to use them both :(

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #22 on: 08:29 PM - 08/08/20 »
XIM provides no macro or mod support on ethical grounds, so it's moot argument.  If you want the best of m/kb and scripting, pair a XIM APEX with a Titan Two.

Titan Two stomps the floor with Zen for scripting capabilities -

- T2 runs at sub-1ms, Zen runs at 10ms by default and can't go faster than 5ms without tanking a script &/or its CPU.
- Gamepacks on Zen are locked at 10ms, so you're instantly adding lag to your setup beyond every console controller's polling rate. T2's processing loop runs at 1ms for all Gamepacks, scripts and devices.
- Zen's BT is not low-latency. Zen is low latency, but the processing loop is 4.5ms. T2 is low latency with a 1ms processing loop and can connect via BT to consoles as well as controllers & mobile devices.
- Zen supports a limited range of controllers, mice, keyboards, joysticks, wheels and consoles. T2 kills it with broad support for tonnes of devices and consoles.
- Zen uses the now decade-old GPC scripting language. T2 uses GPC2 which is significantly faster and more functional.
- Zen's tiny screen eats most of the CPU & bytecode and is useless from the couch. T2 has a mobile app and limits bytecode size to ensure 1ms responsiveness, however T2 scripts can be embedded, so there's no effective limit on script size.
- Zen offers very few native scripts, but has CM BC. T2 is BC with CM & T1, in addition to its own far better script library.
- T2 offers Computer Vision for automated weapon detection for rapid-fire and anti-recoil...that'll never happen on Zen.
- Zen has no support for XIM APEX (it works by coincidence), cannot be used with a DS4 V2 controller attached to XIM, and will desync with XIM at 500 or 1000Hz. T2 has full support for XIM APEX at all Response Rates.

I can go into a great deal more depth on the subject, suffice to say Zen is a solid & affordable starting point for mods if you don't care about latency or m/kb (try moving a mouse on an angle...instant red flag).

As the old adage goes...pay peanuts, get monkeys!
« Last Edit: 04:47 PM - 08/30/20 by antithesis »

Offline Frash brang

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 09:09 AM - 08/09/20 »
Uncle Rodger put leg down.

Offline hsjyes

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: TehEno
« Reply #24 on: 09:22 PM - 08/15/20 »
XIM provides no macro or mod support on ethical grounds, so it's moot argument.  If you want the best of m/kb and scripting, pair a XIM APEX with a Titan Two.

Titan Two stomps the floor with Zen for scripting capabilities -

- T2 runs at sub-1ms, Zen runs at 10ms by default and can't go faster than 5ms without tanking a script &/or its CPU.
- All Gamepacks on Zen are locked at 10ms, so you're instantly adding lag to your setup beyond every console controller's polling rate. T2's processing loop runs at 1ms for all Gamepacks, scripts and devices.
- Zen's BT is not low-latency. T2 is low latency and can connect via BT to consoles as well as controllers & mobile devices.
- Zen supports a limited range of controllers, mice, keyboards, joysticks, wheels and consoles. T2 kills it with broad support for tonnes of devices and consoles.
- Zen uses the now decade-old GPC scripting language. T2 uses GPC2 which is significantly faster and more functional.
- Zen's tiny screen eats most of the CPU & bytecode and is useless from the couch. T2 has a mobile app and limits bytecode size to ensure 1ms responsiveness, however T2 scripts can be embedded, so there's no effective limit on script size.
- Zen offers very few native scripts, but has CM BC. T2 is BC with CM & T1, in addition to its own far better script library.
- T2 offers Computer Vision for automated weapon detection for rapid-fire and anti-recoil...that'll never happen on Zen.
- Zen has no support for XIM APEX (it works by coincidence), cannot be used with a DS4 V2 controller attached to XIM, and will desync with XIM at 500 or 1000Hz. T2 has full support for XIM APEX at all Response Rates.

I can go into a great deal more depth on the subject, suffice to say Zen is a solid & affordable starting point for mods if you don't care about latency or m/kb (try moving a mouse on an angle...instant red flag).

As the old adage goes...pay peanuts, get monkeys!

Thanks for that, I love my XIM and crying it doesn't work with the ZEN, so I purchased a T2, just waiting for it to arrive.

Offline asterix78312

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 12:41 PM - 08/18/20 »
Thank you Jax, that helps not only XIM users as potential customers, but hopefully Cronus as a business.

MAX-Admin / Charlie has a stick up his arse with me due to my relationship with ConsoleTuner. He'll have you believe that I'm peddling BS in an attempt to nullify my opinion of Cronus Zen. More voices than mine help to portray that there are problems with the device, not the user.

I don't care whose logo is on the box, I'm simply relaying my experience with Zen, which thus far has been strongly negative. Zen is not the XIM-killer Cronus would have you believe (it's not even close), so buyer beware!

Im glad i got myself a titan two.

Offline nyder

• Homo homini lupus
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 12:08 PM - 08/19/20 »
Thank you Jax, that helps not only XIM users as potential customers, but hopefully Cronus as a business.

MAX-Admin / Charlie has a stick up his arse with me due to my relationship with ConsoleTuner. He'll have you believe that I'm peddling BS in an attempt to nullify my opinion of Cronus Zen. More voices than mine help to portray that there are problems with the device, not the user.

I don't care whose logo is on the box, I'm simply relaying my experience with Zen, which thus far has been strongly negative. Zen is not the XIM-killer Cronus would have you believe (it's not even close), so buyer beware!

Im glad i got myself a titan two.

Me three
Console: Xbox Series X - XIM APEX - Sony  Nav - Mouse: Logitech G502 Wireless - Headset: Steelseries Arctis 9X - Monitor: BenQ EX2780Q - Mouse Pad: Logitech G440

Offline friendlinzh

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: player1986
« Reply #27 on: 07:12 PM - 08/23/20 »
Cronus Zen: Cronus Zen has new huge GamePacks that take advantage of the 32k scripting size. The Zen is also backwards compatible with CronusMAX PLUS GamePacks

Titan Two: Titan Two has new GamePacks and when ported, Titan One GamePacks are also available for the device.

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #28 on: 07:28 PM - 08/23/20 »
Most of the 32Kb bytecode is dedicated to simply running the OLED display, so the number is misleading.

32Kb bytecode is a huge handbrake on Zen's performance, meaning Gamepacks are limited to 10ms speed, which is slower than a default console controller. It's also hard to get a Zen script to run faster than 5ms without tanking the CPU.

Meanwhile, T2 uses 8Kb bytecode to ensure sub-1ms processing speeds, resulting in true 1ms performance. Zen can't do that with bytecode larger than 8Kb.

T2 child scripts can be embedded into parents scripts, meaning the size limit of a T2 script can far exceed 32Kb. For example, you could have a parent T2 script with selectable menus for Weapon Slot 1, Weapon Slot 2, Weapon Slot 3 etc. Each of those menu options can import individual 8Kb scripts, which can themselves embed child scripts, adding up to a T2 script potentially in the megabytes.

Furthermore, a T2 macro is limited only by the size of the micro-SD card (32Gb max) or PC / Mac HDD capacity. The maximum recording length of a single T2 macro file is almost 25 days!

T2 pants Zen in every way  ;)
« Last Edit: 04:35 AM - 08/24/20 by antithesis »

Offline devilangelsoul

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 07:55 PM - 08/29/20 »
hi everyone, I need help, I would like to buy the titan two or the cronus zen but I don't really know which of the two is better, I state that I would use it only for gamepad scripts.  so if any of you have had the opportunity to play them both can you direct me to one of the 2?

Admin