XIM Community

I am a controller player, I just want to ask why do you guys use MnK?  (Read 1772 times)

Offline AgentSmith

• View Profile
Another way you could look at it.

For the old funkers who spent all their life playing pc games, it doesn't give them an advantage over controller users , it removes their disadvantage of not being able use a controller efficiently and allows them to play with their friends on the platform their friends prefer.

More gamers able to play together and have fun, isn't that what gaming is about.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Oh boy here we go, an arcade stick can not give you an advantage, the PS4 controller that came with the PS4 is much better when it comes to fighting games, plus Iím mainly referring the FPS games like R6S and COD, where a MnK would actually give you an advantage over a controller (trigger finger, easier aiming and smoothing key bindings). Iíve been versing MnKers ever since Iíve started playing r6s on PS4, they have a big advantage over others. I only use a PS4 controller on my PS4, I think thatís how it should be. A mouse and keyboard are much easier to learn and become better at than a controller. If you have a console, you should be only using the device that comes with it, unless itís medical.

if you re interested you could do some research in regards to the fighting game scene (FGC), especially on an esports level
players with arcade sticks received death threads as it was considered to be that much of an advantage, they got excluded from tournaments and harassed on their social media channels
after a long transition time controller players have "somewhat" accepted arcade stick players, but the discussion is still not over

In regards to RB6, most people you suspect to be ximmers are actually cronus or titan users, especially the cronus is much cheaper. You can spot it from the stutter that their micro movements have, plus if you send them a message about their cronus settings they usually admit it lol.
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline Kicksi

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Kics-S7
It's just another reason why it's so fun to use the K&M is to hear all controller snowflakes whine and cry.

Well arenít you a kind soul

Offline Kicksi

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Kics-S7
Oh boy here we go, an arcade stick can not give you an advantage, the PS4 controller that came with the PS4 is much better when it comes to fighting games, plus Iím mainly referring the FPS games like R6S and COD, where a MnK would actually give you an advantage over a controller (trigger finger, easier aiming and smoothing key bindings). Iíve been versing MnKers ever since Iíve started playing r6s on PS4, they have a big advantage over others. I only use a PS4 controller on my PS4, I think thatís how it should be. A mouse and keyboard are much easier to learn and become better at than a controller. If you have a console, you should be only using the device that comes with it, unless itís medical.

if you re interested you could do some research in regards to the fighting game scene (FGC), especially on an esports level
players with arcade sticks received death threads as it was considered to be that much of an advantage, they got excluded from tournaments and harassed on their social media channels
after a long transition time controller players have "somewhat" accepted arcade stick players, but the discussion is still not over

In regards to RB6, most people you suspect to be ximmers are actually cronus or titan users, especially the cronus is much cheaper. You can spot it from the stutter that their micro movements have, plus if you send them a message about their cronus settings they usually admit it lol.

I actually do see the stuttering a lot, thanks for telling me that they are actually Cronus or titan users :D

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Yeah, a wobbling or circling reticle, or rapidly zooming ADS in & out is an easy Cronus tell. Unfortunately for them, Siege has no AA, so it's completely pointless  ::)

Take the scripts out of the equation and CM is terrible for m/kb.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline RedManMosh

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: RedManMosh
If using a XIM is cheating, so is using a steering wheel, arcade stick or flight controller and no-one says anything about them. They're accepted as alternative input devices that are better suited for the task at hand...just like a XIM.

@#$% lame excuse. Does a steering wheel have aim assist? Does a steering wheel make you better at the game? NO. Stop using these lame @#$% excuses. Just admit you guys suck and need a cheating edge.  I use to be like you then i actually got a PC. LOL

Offline Obie_1_Kenobi

• May the force be with you...
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Get Like Obz
I use a MNK because I simply canít use a controller. I am terrible at it. I am old and have arthritis. lol. Not sure of itís an advantage or not. I know some of the best players use a controller. I started off as a pc player playing counter strike! So when I found the XIM online I decided to go that route. Heck, I had to change my color blind settings this year.  To each his own....

Offline ThedirtyRabbit

• View Profile
If using a XIM is cheating, so is using a steering wheel, arcade stick or flight controller and no-one says anything about them. They're accepted as alternative input devices that are better suited for the task at hand...just like a XIM.

The fact you compared a arcade stick to a mnk adapter, is genuinely worrying.

I used to play Street Fighter 4 professionally, and yes you have an precision advantage if you're adapt with a fight stick over a controller. But you're still restricted by then game mechanics and controls. At EVO you're allowed to use a controller or fightstick, it's 100% personal preference.

Offline The prodigy

• MVP
    • View Profile
Ofcourse a steering wheel could make you better at the game.   It's way more natural to use a wheel for driving compared to a controller for most people.
Exact same thing with an Arcade stick, most of us will have had more experience with this on fighting games prior to getting a console because thats how it's done in arcades.  Also the layout is superior, you can execute combos more efficiently.
I 100% believe once you get to a certain level with a controller it's superior to any mnk adapter because the aim assist is designed for it.  Look at really good console players they simply don't miss most of the time.  You can't beat that just by using a xim apex.

Offline Andrxiaa

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Andrxiaa
  • PSN ID: Andrxia

@#$% lame excuse. Does a steering wheel have aim assist? Does a steering wheel make you better at the game? NO. Stop using these lame @#$% excuses. Just admit you guys suck and need a cheating edge.  I use to be like you then i actually got a PC. LOL

are you @#$% slow.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
A steering wheel does make you better at the game because it's designed specifically to perform that task. Driven any cars with a DualShock 4 lately?

Play any racing sim and you'll quickly find that your performance will improve with a wheel due to the far greater control you have over the game (12 inch wheel vs 1.5cm analog sticks).

The same applies to arcade sticks, HOTAS flight sticks, plastic guitars & drums and mouse & keyboard adapters. They are simply better tools for the job for those who choose to buy them.

I've played PC games since MS-DOS and connected to multiplayer games via BBS using a 14K dialup modem, so don't pull the Master Race card  ::)

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
Quote from: OP
I am a controller player, I just want to ask why do you guys use MnK?

I'm PC player since '95, on my youth I played competitive Counter Strike. Nowadays, I play casually as any other grown up man supporting his family and business, is more a social activity. I play with my IRL friends on their consoles, is our relief valve, where we have a good time, drinking, joking around before our next meet-up.

For FPS games I prefer mouse and keyboard, is the right tool for the job and XIM gives me the option, on PC I can plug a controller and that's it.

However there is some significant caveats. Unlike true mouse input, XIM works inside of joystick limitations, there is acceleration in some degree and a very annoying turn limit, so no flick shoots, quick and precise turning and aim snapping, also if the game has poor aim/look mechanics, XIM can't do much.

For campaign games third person like RDR2, Spiderman, GoW etc I use the controller.

I still have a beefy Gaming PC and play there some games solo by the same token when I play on console I prefer little to no aim assist, not for ethical reasons... I believe it gets in my way when is too strong and if the game has poor network performance AA makes you lock in to a target that is not there, making hit detection worse, without AA you can lead shoots, and once get I got used to, I can flick shooting like on PC in a certain degree.

I'm aware than many XIM users relies on AA, which I understand is a resource to compensate the turn limit and less recoil control with XIM. What I personally think is pathetic/funny is those who use XIM on PC for AA abuse, but I get it no everybody has the dexterity to play as a top tier player with a true mouse input.

I worked on human interface devices for people with disabilities and I believe consoles should allow more input devices, just like PC, I applaud XIM Team because give us that option. Freedom of choice is always good.
« Last Edit: 06:54 PM - 11/18/19 by alanmcgregor »

Offline RedManMosh

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: RedManMosh
A steering wheel does make you better at the game because it's designed specifically to perform that task. Driven any cars with a DualShock 4 lately?

Play any racing sim and you'll quickly find that your performance will improve with a wheel due to the far greater control you have over the game (12 inch wheel vs 1.5cm analog sticks).

The same applies to arcade sticks, HOTAS flight sticks, plastic guitars & drums and mouse & keyboard adapters. They are simply better tools for the job for those who choose to buy them.

I've played PC games since MS-DOS and connected to multiplayer games via BBS using a 14K dialup modem, so don't pull the Master Race card  ::)

I love how you just said the same @#$%. If you look at people that are actually good most donít use third party adapters and peripherals.  Also love how you compared an actual steering wheel to a toy you hook up to your console. If you wanna handicap your self by cheating then go ahead, just donít try to blow smoke up peoples @#$%.

Offline MeteoroBR

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: MeteoroBR
This a simple question, I just want answers to why you would prefer to use, what I would call cheating but thatís just from what Iíve experienced, an adapter.

Buy a Xim Apex, join us and be happy!
End your suffering, man! Stop being the hunt and become the hunter! ;D

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
I love how you just said the same @#$%. If you look at people that are actually good most don’t use third party adapters and peripherals.  Also love how you compared an actual steering wheel to a toy you hook up to your console. If you wanna handicap your self by cheating then go ahead, just don’t try to blow smoke up peoples @#$%.
I repeated myself because you clearly don't understand what I'm saying. When dealing with children, repetition helps to convey the message. If you'd prefer that I use small words, I can do that too.

These are all advantageous devices in their respective genres because they are the best tools for the job. In some cases (wheels, HOTAS, instruments), they emulate real world interfaces that have been refined for over a century.

None of them will make you a god walking among mere mortals, they still require skill and practice. However, the skill ceiling is higher with dedicated devices than a generic console controller, so most players will be better with wheels, HOTAS, arcade sticks, mice etc than without.

Try racing Nurburgring with a wheel, then try again with a controller. I can guarantee you'll be significantly faster with the device that offers better control...and it ain't a controller. To repeat myself again, the same applies to fighters, flight sims, shooters, music games etc. Do you consider wheels, HOTAS, arcade sticks and music controllers to be cheat devices too, or do they simply offer more refined input?

If your argument is based solely on AA, then you've kind of missed the bulk of the discussion here about reducing rather than enhancing AA because a controller handles AA better than a XIM (the mouse hits an AA bubble that makes it harder to enter the hitbox). I guess the enhanced AA you get with a controller makes it cheating ::)

Keep your head in the sand champ, or...I don't know...actually use any of these devices before commenting. Or crawl back in your hole and play with the wallhackers, aimbots and lagswitchers on PC, because that's a tonne of fun!
« Last Edit: 06:50 PM - 11/19/19 by antithesis »