XIM Community

I am a controller player, I just want to ask why do you guys use MnK?  (Read 5330 times)

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
The fact you compared a arcade stick to a mnk adapter, is genuinely worrying.
How so? An arcade stick gives you better control in fighting games. A steering wheel gives you better control in driving games. A flight stick gives you better control in flight sims. A mouse & keyboard gives you better control in shooting games. It's the same thing.

its gives me an an advantage
The advantage only exists if you are better with these devices than without. XIM, like any alternative input device, requires skill. For those of us with decades of PC experience but suck with a controller (or physically can't use one, 15% of all gamers are disabled), it's just a different way to play a game.

XIM is bound by all of the same constraints as a controller - it can't turn faster, it can't shoot more accurately and if anything, Aim Assist is a disadvantage vs a controller user.

Instead of assuming that XIM is a god button, pick one up and try it for yourself. If you consider yourself a good controller user, you'll quickly learn that everything we're telling you is true. It is only an advantage if you're better with m/kb than a controller and the same applies to arcade sticks, wheels etc.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Kicksi

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Kics-S7
How so? An arcade stick gives you better control in fighting games. A steering wheel gives you better control in driving games. A flight stick gives you better control in flight sims. A mouse & keyboard gives you better control in shooting games. It's the same thing.

The advantage only exists if you are better with these devices than without. XIM, like any alternative input device, requires skill. For those of us with decades of PC experience but suck with a controller (or physically can't use one, 15% of all gamers are disabled), it's just a different way to play a game.

XIM is bound by all of the same constraints as a controller - it can't turn faster, it can't shoot more accurately and if anything, Aim Assist is a disadvantage vs a controller user.

Instead of assuming that XIM is a god button, pick one up and try it for yourself. If you consider yourself a good controller user, you'll quickly learn that everything we're telling you is true. It is only an advantage if you're better with m/kb than a controller and the same applies to arcade sticks, wheels etc.

Oh boy here we go, an arcade stick can not give you an advantage, the PS4 controller that came with the PS4 is much better when it comes to fighting games, plus Iím mainly referring the FPS games like R6S and COD, where a MnK would actually give you an advantage over a controller (trigger finger, easier aiming and smoothing key bindings). Iíve been versing MnKers ever since Iíve started playing r6s on PS4, they have a big advantage over others. I only use a PS4 controller on my PS4, I think thatís how it should be. A mouse and keyboard are much easier to learn and become better at than a controller. If you have a console, you should be only using the device that comes with it, unless itís medical.

Offline Kicksi

• View Profile
How so? An arcade stick gives you better control in fighting games. A steering wheel gives you better control in driving games. A flight stick gives you better control in flight sims. A mouse & keyboard gives you better control in shooting games. It's the same thing. Plus I couldnt afford one even if I wanted it.

But Iíll take your word for it, since you have experienced and done a lot in this community I presume, Iíll give you the benefit of the doubt, but at least try to understand where I am coming from.
« Last Edit: 06:00 PM - 11/12/19 by Kicksi »

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Oh boy here we go, an arcade stick can not give you an advantage, the PS4 controller that came with the PS4 is much better when it comes to fighting games, plus I’m mainly referring the FPS games like R6S and COD, where a MnK would actually give you an advantage over a controller (trigger finger, easier aiming and smoothing key bindings). I’ve been versing MnKers ever since I’ve started playing r6s on PS4, they have a big advantage over others. I only use a PS4 controller on my PS4, I think that’s how it should be. A mouse and keyboard are much easier to learn and become better at than a controller. If you have a console, you should be only using the device that comes with it, unless it’s medical.
An arcade stick is a huge advantage for fighting games. All of the quarter / half / full circle moves are significantly easier, as are button combos like Cross & Circle. Many fightsticks also have turbo buttons on-board, whereas XIM has no built-in support for mods or macros, so fightsticks can definitely be classed as a cheat device.

R6 has no aim assist, so I can see XIM being advantageous for aim, but it's still not a cheat (nor is it classed as such by either Sony or Microsoft), it's just a different way to play. The look mechanic in Siege is wonky, so aim is a bit squirrely with a XIM and turn speed is always a problem for close quarter engagements with a mouse on console. Recoil is also much harder to control using a mouse because it needs to be constantly moving, whereas a thumbstick can be held in place. Likewise, drifting using a steering wheel sucks compared to a controller...it's swings and roundabouts.

Also note that PlayStation has offered native mouse & keyboard support for 24 years and Hori has an official, licenced mouse & keyboard adapter for PS4. XIM doesn't and can't do anything that isn't already available on PS4 to a controller user, it just supports more games than native m/kb.

I get where you're coming from, but anyone can use m/kb on PS4, with or without a XIM. The same applies to driving, flying, fighting and music games - if you want more suitable controls for those genres, you have the option to pay for them.

That doesn't mean that it's no longer an even playing field as XIM gamers routinely get their arses handed to them by good controller users. Some of us are just better using m/kb, while others are better with a controller. Why should our controls be dictated to us just because we play on console instead of PC?
« Last Edit: 06:27 PM - 11/12/19 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Offline Lucifalic

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Lucifalic

Well come on itís true. And a fighting stick is WAY better for fighting games. No question. All the best players in the world use them.

The biggest issue is people thinks it can do more then the controller can in game or somehow push past the limitations of the game mechanics. It canít. Plain and simple

But for me I just always pc gamed. M&k. And Iím old and donít want to change that haha. Iím actually decent with a controller to be honest. Just better with mouse and keys in shooters.

But it is NOT like pc gaming. It has its learning curve. The turn cap of console games is annoying and does affect your aim vs using a pc. Then you have aim assist. Some like it with xim but I would say often times they are less experienced m&k players.  I hate aim assist on m&k and itís hard to make it go away sometimes.

Just try one out if you can man. You will see itís not auto aim or any bs like that. And I fb you are not a m&k player you will suck for sure. I do agree that if you are a top tier m&k player you can be better. But itís not pc plain and simple. And there are some Sick controller players out there plus they have aim assist !!!!

Offline Kicksi

• View Profile

Well come on itís true. And a fighting stick is WAY better for fighting games. No question. All the best players in the world use them.

The biggest issue is people thinks it can do more then the controller can in game or somehow push past the limitations of the game mechanics. It canít. Plain and simple

But for me I just always pc gamed. M&k. And Iím old and donít want to change that haha. Iím actually decent with a controller to be honest. Just better with mouse and keys in shooters.

But it is NOT like pc gaming. It has its learning curve. The turn cap of console games is annoying and does affect your aim vs using a pc. Then you have aim assist. Some like it with xim but I would say often times they are less experienced m&k players.  I hate aim assist on m&k and itís hard to make it go away sometimes.

Just try one out if you can man. You will see itís not auto aim or any bs like that. And I fb you are not a m&k player you will suck for sure. I do agree that if you are a top tier m&k player you can be better. But itís not pc plain and simple. And there are some Sick controller players out there plus they have aim assist !!!!

No aim assist on r6s, and I canít afford a xim. But I respect your opinions.

Offline Kicksi

• View Profile
Oh boy here we go, an arcade stick can not give you an advantage, the PS4 controller that came with the PS4 is much better when it comes to fighting games, plus Iím mainly referring the FPS games like R6S and COD, where a MnK would actually give you an advantage over a controller (trigger finger, easier aiming and smoothing key bindings). Iíve been versing MnKers ever since Iíve started playing r6s on PS4, they have a big advantage over others. I only use a PS4 controller on my PS4, I think thatís how it should be. A mouse and keyboard are much easier to learn and become better at than a controller. If you have a console, you should be only using the device that comes with it, unless itís medical.
An arcade stick is a huge advantage for fighting games. All of the quarter / half / full circle moves are significantly easier, as are button combos. Many fightsticks also have turbo buttons on-board, whereas XIM has no built-in support for mods or macros, so fightsticks can definitely be classed as a cheat device.

R6 has no aim assist, so I can see XIM being advantageous for aim, but it's still not a cheat (nor is it classed as such by either Sony or Microsoft), it's just a different way to play. The look mechanic in Siege is wonky, so aim is a bit squirrely with a XIM and turn speed is always a problem for close quarter engagements with a mouse on console. Recoil is also much harder to control using a mouse because it needs to be constantly moving, whereas a thumbstick can be held in place...swings and roundabouts.

Also note that PlayStation has offered native mouse & keyboard support for 24 years and Hori has an official, licenced mouse & keyboard adapter for PS4. XIM doesn't and can't do anything that isn't already available on PS4 to a controller user, it just supports more games than native m/kb.

I get where you're coming from, but anyone can use m/kb on PS4, with or without a XIM. The same applies to driving, flying, fighting and music games - if you want more suitable controls for those genres, you have the option to pay for them. But that doesn't mean that it's no longer an even playing field as XIM gamers will get their arses handed to them by good controller users.

Iíll try to keep an open mind, but itís really hard to considering how toxic mnkers are said to be, Iíve seen toxic mnkers as well, itís not fun to deal with. But Iíll try out a mnk when I can, Iíll give it a try when the time comes and I can afford to buy and refund it :)

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
You have an open mind, which is more than we can say for most anti-XIM gamers.

Unfortunately, most of them are like anti-vaxxers or flat-earthers who have no idea what they're banging on about, refuse all scientific proof to the contrary and jump on the bandwagon because it's easier to accuse someone else of cheating than accept responsibility for their own shortcomings.

XIM tracks all install stats of game translators and the reality is there's about a 1 in 1000 chance of running into a XIM user in any game, whereas controller users will have you believe that 90% of their deaths can be racked up to m/kb cheats. Those numbers don't stack up  ;)

Offline Kicksi

• View Profile

Unfortunately, most of them are like anti-vaxxers or flat-earthers who have no idea what they're banging on about, refuse all scientific proof to the contrary and jump on the bandwagon because it's easier to accuse someone else of cheating than accept responsibility for their own shortcomings.

XIM tracks all install stats of game translators and the reality is there's about a 1 in 1000 chance of running into a XIM user in any game, whereas controller users will have you believe that 90% of their deaths can be racked up to m/kb cheats. Those numbers don't stack up  ;)

Those stats probably are true, some people could be using knock off MnK adapters and that could be what I see in game, I have a xim friend who is actually really chill to play with so Iíve probably got an open mind from that, Iím not a flat earthier or anti vax retard, everyone Iíve met whoís anti xim isnít that, so I donít know about that.

Offline Andrxiaa

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Andrxiaa
  • PSN ID: Andrxia

Those stats probably are true, some people could be using knock off MnK adapters and that could be what I see in game, I have a xim friend who is actually really chill to play with so Iíve probably got an open mind from that, Iím not a flat earthier or anti vax retard, everyone Iíve met whoís anti xim isnít that, so I donít know about that.

:D

Offline Kicksi

• View Profile

Offline Kicksi

• View Profile
I still wanna hear some cool stories!

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Those stats probably are true, some people could be using knock off MnK adapters and that could be what I see in game, I have a xim friend who is actually really chill to play with so I’ve probably got an open mind from that, I’m not a flat earthier or anti vax retard, everyone I’ve met who’s anti xim isn’t that, so I don’t know about that.
Not to be arrogant about it, but every other console m/kb adapter sucks and their marketshare is significantly smaller than XIM. XIM also performs better than native m/kb in most console games (they use a similar mouse to controller emulation rather than PC-like mouse input) and it plays friendly with PC too.

Point being, it doesn't matter whether you think the guy who killed you was using m/kb. The fact is there's at least a 99% chance that gamer beat you with a controller. Plenty of console gamers are slayers with controllers and relatively few translate that skill over to XIM m/kb.

Offline Lucifalic

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Lucifalic
Iím better with m&k and have more fun with it. 

I may kill you but Iím not dropping 30 bombs in apex legends haha. Get killed all the time by controllers. And again I still play on controller too and sometime prefer it. But Thursday night game night I needs my m&k. No money (with 3 kids, 1 in university) I have no money to spend on a Gaming pc and my homies are on console so this was my best option and I love it. Gaming is supposed to be about fun, itís not an illegal device and thatís that. Take gaming seriously???? Unless your getting paid to play then give me a break

Remember in a tournament they can dictate the Device  so REALLY other then occasionally being killed by an ximer (and that stat is true. There are Not millions of us) itís most likely a solid controller player.  Watch staycation or itemp play apex legends on controller. Super sick. 

Offline Kicksi

• View Profile
Not to be arrogant about it, but every other console m/kb adapter sucks and their marketshare is significantly smaller than XIM. XIM also performs better than native m/kb in most console games (they use a similar mouse to controller emulation rather than PC-like mouse input) and it plays friendly with PC too.

Point being, it doesn't matter whether you think the guy who killed you was using m/kb. The fact is there's at least a 99% chance that gamer beat you with a controller. Plenty of console gamers are slayers with controllers and relatively few translate that skill over to XIM m/kb.

I thought there were a lot more xim users, why do I see people with really shaky aim, is that a bad controller/adapter? Thank you for this information btw!