XIM Community

AA feels VERY strong in CODMW, how should I try to counter it?  (Read 2068 times)

Offline peatearr

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: peatearr
Hi all,

I've been playing CODMW and while I feel like my xim is performing fine and i'm able to aim both hip+ADS perfectly,
 it is feeling great, the AA feels EXTREMELY strong at times and seems to affect my ability to actually aim exactly where
 I want. Especially at a distance.
 I use a low DPI as it felt too jittery when I went higher. Pics included of settings - all balistic curves etc are completely
 default.
 I have tried watching tutorials etc about aim/aimassist etc - but everything just says put DPI really high.
 When i've put DPI high, my XIM flashes and it causes the aim to judder (not even small jitters). Lower DPI stopped it.
 I use 1000hz on mouse+xim.
 DPI is 800 on the mouse. Other settings should be visible in the images - anything  else needed just ask.
 I've tried the AA turned OFF in-game but it still seems to activate.

Also to note - this is with the original ST (1.0), not with the ST (2.0) - i've tried with both but never deleted original.

Anyone able to help?
 Thanks in advance..

« Last Edit: 12:44 PM - 11/11/19 by peatearr »

Offline Carellano84

• View Profile
Only way I was able to make the AA playable was to turn off Sync and play with a higher dpi than I use to on other CODS.

Online The prodigy

• MVP
    • View Profile
High DPI has nothing to do with XIM flashing red (hitting the turn speed limit).   You need to lower your sensitivity when increasing DPI so it feels the same as on 800 DPI and it won't flash red.

Also try this curve for ADS and synchronize set to 'OFF'

Code: [Select]
>>> XIM APEX [Translate Ballistics] START COPY >>>
X5BC:gGSAyIJYgliD6IPohXiFeIcIhwiJYAlgiWCLuAu4i7iOEA4QjhCRMBEwETCRMJRQFFAUUJRQl3AXcBdwl3CbWBtYG1gbWJtYn0AfQB9AH0CfQKPwI/Aj8CPwI/Cj8KcQJxAnECcQ:X5BC
<<< XIM APEX END COPY <<<

Another curve you can try that will counter even the strongest Aim Assist. (classic RML curve)

Code: [Select]
>>> XIM APEX [Translate Ballistics] START COPY >>>
X5BC:AACBVIKKg+iFRoakiDSJxIsijICNrI7Yj9KQzJHGkqeTiJSClXyWj5e7mQCakJy2n1mil6cQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQJxAnECcQ:X5BC
<<< XIM APEX END COPY <<<

This should help you but id definitely increase DPI because 800 is way too low for the XIM Apex.

Offline peatearr

• View Profile
High DPI has nothing to do with XIM flashing red (hitting the turn speed limit).   You need to lower your sensitivity when increasing DPI so it feels the same as
/edit

So I’ve tried this, just did it again now it only flashes when I am moving my aim in hip
very quickly, or holding ADS and moving my aim around even slowly.
Hip it stays colour of config (white) until I move aim quickly so if I were to flick shot - when I press mouse2 to ADS flashes green then sits on white until I move my aim at all
 and it flashes red.
 That is at 6000 DPI and 16/19 sense in XIM.
Put mouse to 12000 DPI and it immediately flashes red with any movement, obviously
with XIM sense lowered.
However this time I’m not particularly noticing any real ‘judder’ (on 6000dpi) like I did
before.

Offline peatearr

• View Profile
My ADS sense has to be 5.60 or lower for it not to hit TSL...
Which is unplayable as it moves like a snail 😂

Online The prodigy

• MVP
    • View Profile
Very strange I use 12000 DPI and 6 sens HIP / 4 sens ADS default synchronize on both.   Almost never hit the turn speed limit.
Maybe you are used to really high sensitivity and everything else now feels slow because of that. Try my settings and let me know how that feels.
Also if you stick with low sensitivity after a while you get used to moving your mouse more and it feels much faster.

Online alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
When a game has strong aim assist, turning OFF Sync is the way to go, then increasing your DPI up to 8000 finally trying higher response rate and polling rate, 500Hz or above.

If you still have issues the optional step is using the HIP translator on the ADS subconfig.
« Last Edit: 02:28 PM - 11/11/19 by alanmcgregor »

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Steady Aim was specifically designed to make it easier to enter the hitbox in CoD games. Try a value of around 3.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Bb4life1991

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Bb4life1990
If you get bored try common an 20 smoothing let me know how that cuts through aim assist

Online The prodigy

• MVP
    • View Profile
If you get bored try common an 20 smoothing let me know how that cuts through aim assist

:o
Smoothing does the exact opposite it increases Aim Assist by cleaning up mouse movements.  And so does common sync as it acts in a similar way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7yvB4a0YVU

Offline Bb4life1991

• View Profile

:o
Smoothing does the exact opposite it increases Aim Assist by cleaning up mouse movements.  And so does common sync as it acts in a similar way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7yvB4a0YVU

i myself have experienced different things i dont just go by the book i use these settings myself but like i said op give it a shot let me know

One guy on i think cod was having trouble with aim assist I recommended this an he said he liked it the common sync with 20 smoothing 1000hz is a must
« Last Edit: 12:24 AM - 11/12/19 by Bb4life1991 »

Offline Bb4life1991

• View Profile
just like most would assume 125hz has most aim assist yet for me has the least especially with common sync

2 settings for me that have the least amount aim assist is 125hz common sync or 1000hz common sync 20 smoothing

Offline Bb4life1991

• View Profile
One thing ive noticed on these forums sometimes is lots of info that go against what others say...i encorage all of you xim users to just test these things out yourself. At the end of the day by the book one thing should work as this or that but sometimes it doesnt....as far as hertz 125 should have most aim assist yet if i use it it has the least but once i go to 250 bam lots of aim assist same with 500 and less with 1000 so somehow 125 to me had the least my guess is cause maybe the xim is seeing this as a controller like behavior and its working better with aim assist.

Next in the beginning many stated to replicate xim4 use 125hz an default(120hz) then as time went on they said no its 125hz an off sync....these were all said by well know xim people.

Then in my opinion smoothing helps replicate controller like behavior yet alan mcgregor says false its steady aim even though one of the devs videos literally shows a picture showing yes smoothing is going to replicate analog like behavior so right there again 2 well know ximers contradicting info. So ill say this again before you believe everything that is spewed on these forums as “fact” just simply hop in a game an test these settings yourself this is what i do to find out the things i do

To me its a big reason mjfames config worked so wel not cause the silly curve that isnt even a curve its a sensitivity multiplier but because the 20 smoothing he uses helps work with aim assist so well.

Then once again well known ximmer antithesis says dont use smoothing will cause latency or input lag. Yet mjfame stated an explained how 1000hz cancels this out 2 well know ximmers contradicting info. To me the 1000hz does cancel out the supposed input lag/latency or whatever it is. Many of you guys want instant settings for certain things which yes you can take some peoples advice but i promise just try many settings an do your best not to be biased on certain settings really pay attention to how aim assist is affected by different settings.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Smoothing does add input delay if used as intended at mid to high values. You can feel the delay very easily in a game like Destiny 2 once Smoothing creeps above 4 or 5.

Coupling 20 Smoothing with a steep Ballistics Curve to counter is counterintuitive, but it does work in some games and some viewports (e.g seems ok in HIP in BO4, trash in ADS).

MJ was onto something kooky, but it's not a cure-all for AA.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Bb4life1991

• View Profile
Smoothing does add input delay if used as intended at mid to high values. You can feel the delay very easily in a game like Destiny 2 once Smoothing creeps above 4 or 5.

Coupling 20 Smoothing with a steep Ballistics Curve to counter is counterintuitive, but it does work in some games and some viewports (e.g seems ok in HIP in BO4, trash in ADS).

MJ was onto something kooky, but it's not a cure-all for AA.

These is weird to me as i just dont feel the input delay even at 20 smoothing of course with 1000hz any other hertz yes lots of delay. And you say steep ballistics curve(assuming talking about mj curve) isnt it the same as just cranking my xim sensitivity really high?? He used off sync but to me it has even less aim assist with common which i know is another thing that doesnt make sense cause off sync is suppose to have less aim assist