XIM Community

G pro wireless vs G305 wireless  (Read 1556 times)

Offline Algimantas87

• If you can't beat them,†join them.
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: NO_F3AR_MnK_HERE
G pro wireless vs G305 wireless
« on: 11:47 AM - 11/10/19 »
I couldn't find a big difference between these two mouse apart the price, so my question is it worth it to upgrade from g305 to g pro wireless?
Xim Apex
Platform:PS4
Mouse:Logitech G305 + G Pro Wireless
Keyboard:Razer BlackWidow Chroma v2
Mouse pad: Cooler Master  MP510 Gaming Surface - XL
Headphone: Steelseries arctis pro + gamedac
Monitor:Acer GF276Abmipx 27 Inch FHD Gaming Monitor

Offline tepidblack

• View Profile
Re: G pro wireless vs G305 wireless
« Reply #1 on: 06:56 PM - 11/10/19 »
The G305 has stutter with the XIM but it seems completely random whether or not you get it, I was one of the unlucky ones so I ended up stumping up for the GPW. Itís definitely the better mouse overall, and the G305 is so flat that it made my hand cramp until it got used to the shape, but if you arenít already dead set on paying the £100 difference between the two I wouldnít bother.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #2 on: 11:20 PM - 11/10/19 »
I prefer the G305 myself and have no stutter.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline AgentSmith

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02:35 AM - 11/11/19 »
No, it is't worth the upgrade.

There is nothing special about the G-Pro Wireless except it is very expensive and true ambidextrous.
I have owned one since release and although it is very good, it isn't better than other good mice.

The best mouse for you and everyone else is the mouse which feels comfortable and natural in your hand with enough buttons for your needs which are easy to hit deliberately but not easy to hit accidentally.

I have recently purchased a G203 wired and the physical feel of the mouse is better for me ( personal opinion only ).

tepidblack said. 
The G305 has stutter with the XIM
I have to disagree, A mouse doesn't stutter a particular setup stutters (mouse, mat, and settings combined), if it was the mouse then everyone with that mouse would have the same issue, which isn't the case.
tepidblack.. I mean no disrespect here, I just wanted to clear up a bold statement which could lead people into false information.

Offline tepidblack

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03:26 AM - 11/11/19 »
No, it is't worth the upgrade.

There is nothing special about the G-Pro Wireless except it is very expensive and true ambidextrous.
I have owned one since release and although it is very good, it isn't better than other good mice.

The best mouse for you and everyone else is the mouse which feels comfortable and natural in your hand with enough buttons for your needs which are easy to hit deliberately but not easy to hit accidentally.

I have recently purchased a G203 wired and the physical feel of the mouse is better for me ( personal opinion only ).

tepidblack said. 
The G305 has stutter with the XIM
I have to disagree, A mouse doesn't stutter a particular setup stutters (mouse, mat, and settings combined), if it was the mouse then everyone with that mouse would have the same issue, which isn't the case.
tepidblack.. I mean no disrespect here, I just wanted to clear up a bold statement which could lead people into false information.

Itís literally on the hardware compatibility list, right at the bottom:
https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=60666.0

If you search ďG305Ē you can see multiple threads reporting the issue. I have owned 5 different mice, all using the exact same setup, and none of them have ever had that issue except the G305. Like I said, not everyone has the issue, which is why some people can use the mouse without a problem.

Offline AgentSmith

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04:54 AM - 11/11/19 »
tepidblack: again I will say I meant no disrespect.

Offline He4DHuNt3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: XuK He4DHuNt3r
  • PSN ID: He4DHuNt3r_XIM
« Reply #6 on: 05:02 AM - 11/11/19 »
I originally had stutter with my G305 @ 1000hz, but updating the G305 receivers firmware on the Logitech software fixed the issue for me :)
I just wanted to say that you are a phenomenal gamer. You make it look so easy and your gameplay has this commanding "tone" to it (i.e. not frantic -- more of a dominating calm :) ).