XIM Community

Plz help overwatch  (Read 269 times)

Offline xVGx TIMELORD

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: xVGx TIMELORD
Plz help overwatch
« on: 09:28 PM - 11/10/19 »
Since overwatch has had changes is there anyway to make t where everything feels like before and how my sense felt before any changes had to be made?

Offline Rrerbacam

• View Profile
Re: Plz help overwatch
« Reply #1 on: 10:40 PM - 11/10/19 »
No not really. Ow made a slight change to aim assist or something. It is different  but xim team made a linear st instead and just reinstated the old expo st on top of blizzards expo change after they patched it.

I wouldn't say ow is low priority to xim but unless a bunch of users show up complaining they probably wont take the time to retrain an expo st. I really wish they would because i think expo has been improved but maybe the st is slightly behind I dont know.

I've used linear with fantastic results you can check my config here

https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=82659.0

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #2 on: 10:56 AM - 11/11/19 »
We will always update STs when needed, we just want to be sure things actually changed before committing the time. So, you are saying for sure Overwatch Exponential has been updated recently and there is record of it?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline Rrerbacam

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11:11 AM - 11/11/19 »
This is what happened

After the halloween update expo was acting like dual zone so naturally ximmers and a few controller people that used expo flooded the blizzard forum with feedback.

Someone on Twitter later that day posted the "just change all heros to linear then each individual back to expo fix"

It worked. It worked too good actually. Expo felt amazing X 1000. I've seen many players state across various platforms including this one say that expo felt extraordinary. I myself noticed expo with 76 and widow to be godlike. It was hard to miss. It felt so good.

Then a week or so went by and mist4fun dropped the linear st.

Feedback was mixed. Some users like myself still had the original 1.4st (xim4) and was happily using expo. Some didn't and were forced to use linear until the double st was released.

That thursday after the halloween patch blizzard releases a small 218mb patch with small fixes and expo was claimed by blizzard forum users to be back to stock. I myself immediately noticed a difference in expo. Wasn't as good with 1.4st. (In other words..the 218mb patch fixed expo but also changed it for the worse imo )

Then right around the same time as that we saw the dual st released and people were able to go back to expo. Many users on various platforms mentioning something isn't right. Aim Assist too sticky or hitboxes hard to maneuver etc. On expo.

I myself started using linear ramp  because the "new" expo felt off even though the aim and look mechanics  seems normal something felt different.  My accuracy and effectiveness dropped. I switched to linear and it improved.

So I would say expo is definitely different in the game. Whether or not a retrain will help is beyond my expertise.

But expo before halloween and expo after the 218mb patch feel absolutely different.
« Last Edit: 12:44 PM - 11/11/19 by Rrerbacam »

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #4 on: 11:18 AM - 11/11/19 »
Thanks for the timeline here -- that's helpful. I'll go over it with mist4fun.

Offline xVGx TIMELORD

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10:25 PM - 11/13/19 »
Yes itís all weird, I found before I got s update for overwatch on the xim I was able to set all my heroís to liner then go one by one and put them on expernental ramp and my issue was fixed but like I said now that the xim got that update and my old save is out dated and itís noe the 2 different saves well that trick donít work no more if even take it if that trick was able to come back it would help me loads ):

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #6 on: 08:44 AM - 11/14/19 »
mist4fun ran the trainer and found OW Exponential hasn't changed so the current ST is correct.

Offline xVGx TIMELORD

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10:27 AM - 11/14/19 »
So if I do the ingame trick of make all heroís liner then go hero to hero and make them expernental then it should be fixed? Iíve played the game for years and it just doesnít feel the same

Offline Rrerbacam

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11:04 AM - 11/14/19 »
No the liner to expo trick is no longer relevant. It's something else blizzard must have done which cannot be circumvented. Unfortunately all you can do is try to find settings  that work best for you.

Obsiv & mist4fun thanks for looking into it btw

I wasn't surprised nothing changed as the aim mechanic on expo "feels" fine its something else we just have to live with

Offline xVGx TIMELORD

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 07:50 PM - 11/14/19 »
So then is there any hope of maybe after some updates we can revert the stuff back and it will feel just like overwatch has for years

Offline Rrerbacam

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 07:55 PM - 11/14/19 »
What's your settings?