XIM Community

Cant connect XIM4 to Xbox One  (Read 255 times)

Offline slickbacknation

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Slickbacknation
Cant connect XIM4 to Xbox One
« on: 03:07 PM - 11/08/19 »
I'm having trouble connecting my XIM4 to my xbox one. I haven't used my Xbox or XIM4 in about 10 months so thought maybe there was some updates I was missing. I checked the firmware and my XIM4 has the latest firmware available. I have followed all of the directions in setting up the XIM4 properly to the XB1, but it still will not work.

My keyboard is colored up and powered on, the mouse's color is also on indicating it has power, my controller is plugged into the XIM$, and the XIM4 manager app on my phone is showing that all of the correct things are plugged in and connected, however my XB1 is not responding to the Mouse and Keyboard at all. The controller still works with the XB1, but pressing any of the MKB buttons does nothing.

Any help here? Is there a setting I'm missing or a new XB1 update that won't allow the XIM4 to be used or something of the sort?

EDIT: The XIM4 is also blinking red.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Cant connect XIM4 to Xbox One
« Reply #1 on: 03:23 PM - 11/08/19 »
Hey,

have you changed anything in the setup since the last time it worked?
Also is it an xbox one slim controller or an original one from the launch period?
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline slickbacknation

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06:10 PM - 11/08/19 »
I havenít changed any settings since the last time it worked. Itís an Xbox Elite controller. But I also tried it with the regular controller and that didnít work either.

Offline slickbacknation

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08:12 AM - 11/09/19 »
Checking in

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10:10 AM - 11/09/19 »
Hey,

for the Xbox Elite controller the following beta firmware is required, can you check if that is the one your xim runs on?
https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=49093.0
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Offline slickbacknation

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08:25 AM - 11/11/19 »
I downloaded the firmware you mentioned and it is giving me the error:

"Can't flash your XIM4. There was an error reading your XIM4. Please reconnect your XIM4 and try again."

I am following the instructions and holding down the "p" button when plugging in, etc.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06:32 PM - 11/11/19 »
Hey,

could you try it with a different USB port that preferably is a 2.0 USB port?
Also your xim is showing a constant blue light when its connected to the PC, is that correct?