XIM Community

New MW Update.  (Read 11076 times)

Offline Darkest Inferno

• Dom Baker
    • View Profile
Re: New MW Update.
« Reply #30 on: 06:47 PM - 11/07/19 »
So don't use the new config?  Everyone seems to think it sucks...

It's definitely better, you just have to set an ADS to Hip transition delay.

Iíve tried 360 to 1000 and sure it ďhelpsĒ ease the sense jump from hip to ADS but the AA bubble feels off with this update and Iím not the only to bring it up. It like this new update just created more problems than it fixed for people who wanted to experiment with a ďfaster turn capĒ in the original requests for the rework. Definitely atleast in the forums itís only helped a handful of people will the majority (subjectively) have all said that it doesnít feel right and feels off from the velocity jump to AA issues. I think we can agree having two STís will be mutually beneficial for everyone.
Former halo 2/3 competitor just trying to win one game at a time :) main games used to be halo 2/3 but now are red dead redemption 2 and fortnite. Now mostly play on PS4 as well.

Offline Sgt8Bit

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 06:54 PM - 11/07/19 »
Does anyone have a video they could post to demonstrate the issue?
Consoles: Xbox One X, Playstation 4 Pro
Display: Asus VP28UQG 4K Monitor
Audio: 2019 Mixamp Pro TR, Sennheiser HD 598 SE, ModMic 2.3
Keyboard: Razer Orbweaver
Mouse: Logitech G502
Pad: Logitech G440

Offline Darkest Inferno

• Dom Baker
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 07:02 PM - 11/07/19 »
I wish I had footage unfortunately I didnít realize how different the update was going to be. I had been playing pretty good on the OG ST no real issues to be honest. Turned plenty fast enough with 1.0 ADS and pretty much had great AA bubble movement could get in and out easily and I like to think I have steady good to great aim and now with the new ST fights Iíd normally laser and win no problem where Iíd jump out or sidewalk out ads quick and fight I notice my aimer is steady then freaks out as soon as it gets close the the AA bubble and feels like itís bouncing away. I can replicate that issue in Halo btw but with Modern Warfare itís been all good until I updated the ST. I was able to relieve some of the velocity jump with the delay people keep mentioning but it doesnít seem to help when you have to ads quick and fight thatís the part that for me atleast was ruined in this update. Iím pretty aggressive as a player so this definitely has hindered my experience with the game to the point I donít even want to play it anymore. Just not fun having steady aim then it ruined by the fact the game canít handle 2.0x ADS to hip and Hip to ADS like that. 1.0 definitely no question in my mind and gameplay felt way better. Just my opinion tho.
Former halo 2/3 competitor just trying to win one game at a time :) main games used to be halo 2/3 but now are red dead redemption 2 and fortnite. Now mostly play on PS4 as well.

Offline He4DHuNt3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: XuK He4DHuNt3r
  • PSN ID: He4DHuNt3r_XIM
New MW Update.
« Reply #33 on: 08:11 PM - 11/07/19 »
Right I think I know what the problem is, I'm able to replicate the same issue on native KB/M on console by changing the ADS transition timing option.

It seems on this COD they have set the transition time for ADS sensitivity to kick in is "Instant" with Controllers - I'm not sure if this is a mistake by IW or intentional, but I'm really sure that's what's happening.

The delay between the transition from ADS back to HIP also happens with "Instant" causing the spike in sensitivity we are feeling.

EDIT: There's nothing wrong with the new ADS ST, the problem is how IW have chosen to use the "Instant" setting for ADS transition for Controller players.

« Last Edit: 10:02 PM - 11/07/19 by He4DHuNt3r »
I just wanted to say that you are a phenomenal gamer. You make it look so easy and your gameplay has this commanding "tone" to it (i.e. not frantic -- more of a dominating calm :) ).

Offline Darkest Inferno

• Dom Baker
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 08:20 PM - 11/07/19 »
Exactly nice find man! Yea the only time it didnít bother me is when I was Already in an ADS state for a while but the quick ADS is impossible for me at the moment in back to using black ops 4 ST. I really miss the old ST at this point lol.

Offline OhBlivEeUn

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 09:46 PM - 11/07/19 »
Right I think I know what the problem is, I'm able to replicate the same issue on native KB/M on console by changing the ADS transition timing option.

It seems on this COD they have set the transition time for ADS sensitivity to kick in is "Instantly" with Controllers - I'm not sure if this is a mistake by IW or intentional, but I'm really sure that's what's happening.

The delay between the transition from ADS back to HIP also happens with "Instantly" causing the spike in sensitivity we are feeling.

EDIT: There's nothing wrong with the new ADS ST, the problem is how IW have chosen to use the "Instantly" setting for ADS transition for Controller players.

So... shouldn't 0 delay fix that?
Be careful when taking advice, not everyone is qualified to give it. Make your own conclusions. XIM user since 2011

Offline mberk100

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 09:57 PM - 11/07/19 »
This is really bad. I just updated my firmware mid game thinking all was good and I deleted my old config immediately because I didn't read about this one at all and then I change to the 2.0 and it's literally unplayable. The jump when you un aim is so bad i really really hope either a fix to this or an additional ST with ST 1.0 is released this is unplayable

Offline He4DHuNt3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
New MW Update.
« Reply #37 on: 09:59 PM - 11/07/19 »

Nope, because the in-game ADS transition sensitivity kicks in instantly and not when you are fully zoomed.

0 delay would only work if the actual ADS animation happened instantly, but it doesn't - AR's for example have a ADS animation time of roughly 250ms to fully zoom in, but because the sensitivity kicks in just as the animation begins, you are always going to have that sensitivity jump until you are fully zoomed in.
I just wanted to say that you are a phenomenal gamer. You make it look so easy and your gameplay has this commanding "tone" to it (i.e. not frantic -- more of a dominating calm :) ).

Offline OhBlivEeUn

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 10:58 PM - 11/07/19 »

Nope, because the in-game ADS transition sensitivity kicks in instantly and not when you are fully zoomed.

0 delay would only work if the actual ADS animation happened instantly, but it doesn't - AR's for example have a ADS animation time of roughly 250ms to fully zoom in, but because the sensitivity kicks in just as the animation begins, you are always going to have that sensitivity jump until you are fully zoomed in.

So a high delay should help right?
Be careful when taking advice, not everyone is qualified to give it. Make your own conclusions. XIM user since 2011

Offline He4DHuNt3r

• MVP
    • View Profile
New MW Update.
« Reply #39 on: 11:41 PM - 11/07/19 »
Sadly not, you will always get that sensitivity jump no matter what delay you use, the only solution would be to revert to using the default 1x ADS zoom sensitivity for now.

I think I'll upload a video over the weekend explaining and showing what the issue is, how it effect's both XIM & Controller players who use anything higher then the default 1x ADS zoom sensitivity.

It's a game mechanic issue, no XIM settings will magically fix the problem - Only the CoD developer's can sort this out.

Offline BUNGEE

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 03:05 AM - 11/08/19 »
I'm still at the first ST but I read mixed experiences. Some say they can finally play MW like they want to with st2... I'll just keep my original config and create a new one with st2 to test it myself.
If you use the new ST with 1.0 ads (default)... Is it also unplayable?

Online Bb4life1991

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Bb4life1990
« Reply #41 on: 04:04 AM - 11/08/19 »
Havnt played this game yet an may not. I dont know much about this game but why is their a delay or whatever? Are other games like fortnite like this? Where when you aim down sights it throws you off? And my question is could you bypss this issue by running hip translator for hip an ads? Or run ads translator for hip an ads?

Offline shopejr2

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 04:30 AM - 11/08/19 »
You could fix it by setting your delay to zero and making your ads speed lower.. and adding a deactivation delay. Maybe 200ms deactivation delay.

So basically as soon as you ads the ads page kicks In.. but since the sensitivity is lower the speed wont jump.. and since the ads page speed remains for a few ms after you release activation key you wont get the jump when releasing the ads key..

However I havent really noticed the issue at all..  st feels excellent for me..

I'm using off sync. 12kdpi 1000hz

70hip 60ads

Offline Taktikz

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Taktikz
« Reply #43 on: 04:57 AM - 11/08/19 »
It's the aim assist bubble that's doing my head in on the new ST, it's a ball ache to break in to. Keep missing the first few pivotal shots on my target due to the aim assist repelling away from the target - which often leads to me becoming brown bread. By the time I manage to break through the bubble I am already dead.

The HIP feels better on the new ST though...

Online Bb4life1991

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Bb4life1990
« Reply #44 on: 06:28 AM - 11/08/19 »
Ya i guess im confused by all this is it just a cod thing? Shouldnt all this stuff be instant? U zoom in an bam ads settings are working u let go bam hip onces are? This delay thing in cod confuses me. Then makes me wonder is this same thing impelented in other games?