XIM Community

New MW Update.  (Read 17246 times)

Offline BLM3L3SS

• View Profile
Re: New MW Update.
« Reply #210 on: 03:10 AM - 11/15/19 »
How do I go back to the st1 ??? Sorry for the stupid question???

Not a dumb question! mist4fun is finishing up Death Stranding support. I'll be including the reverted MW ADS ST with that release.

Ahhh thanks brother I thought it was already out!!! Thanks!!

Offline MohJ

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: 03:17 AM - 11/15/19 »
Honestly, I'm playing on ST2 with no issues. I can't for the life of me understand why people want to go back to ST1 which had a significantly inferior turn speed with the 1x ADS multiplier. Just setup ST2 properly and you won't have any issues with acceleration hikes.

Offline Sorothos

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: 04:54 AM - 11/15/19 »
Please remove ST2 and keep ST1. ST2 is awful. for MOST of the players, who don't want to spend hours in configurate settings.

Why? Because Xim was always plug and play for CoD. I use the XIM since CoD: Advanced Warfare.
In every CoD game I can take the same values for sensitivity over and over again, just with different STs.

It's the same with ST1 for this game: I can use the values from BO4 or whatever older CoD with no problems.

But with ST2 you have to tweak the ADS ingame - you never had to do this. I think we shouldn't rely on ingame ADS settings - because maybe next year, like all the other years, there will not be any ADS settings multiplier ingame.

If this happen you can throw away the ST2 for the next CoD. It's way to much tweaking ingame. We should keep the XIM, like he was for years: For the standard CoD settings and standard CoD engine.

Everyone who want ADS multiplier ingame, or Aim response curve settings or other aim assist aim settings - do it please.
But don't force all people to do this. With ST2 you do this. It's not the simple way like all CoD before. I can use BO4 ST for MWR or AW or IW or MW (2019). I can use ST1 MW 2019 for the older games just like that.

But i can't use ST2 for anything then MW 2019 with tweaked ingame ADS multipliers. Thats not the right way for XIM...

Just my 2 cents.

I'm staying at ST1 with my settings I've had for years for CoD - just some tweaking in sensitivity is needed.
I repeat myself: ST2 is awful, not plug and play, to complex, too prone to error.

And here we are discussing which smart translator should be the default. Most of the Xim player don't even read this board I think, so don't change things which have been working for years: ST1 and not ST2.

If you don't change the settings in CoD MW 2019, except ingame sensitivity at max, every CoD game has nearly the same engine.
Therefore we should not start to change values ​​like ingame ADS multiplier, because it's not plug and play anymore and destroying the muscle memory that you have trained for years with BASIC CoD engine without ingame settings modding.

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #213 on: 05:06 AM - 11/15/19 »
^ Well said, Sorothos.

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro with 1TB Crucial MX500, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Aorus AMP500, Audio Technica ADG1X, SB X7, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Core i5 4690k, Corsair H100i, RTX 2070, 16GB Corsair Vengence DDR3, XFX ProSeries 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 2x500GB Samsung Evo SSDs, 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, 1TB WD HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables. And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline PUBzZz

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: 08:35 AM - 11/15/19 »
Honestly, I'm playing on ST2 with no issues. I can't for the life of me understand why people want to go back to ST1 which had a significantly inferior turn speed with the 1x ADS multiplier. Just setup ST2 properly and you won't have any issues with acceleration hikes.

I agree however some people just struggle to adjust or even give it time. 
PS4 / Xbox One
Xim Apex / Xim 4
Cooler Master MM710 16k @1000hz
Zowie G-TF SPAWN PAD
Netduma to OpenWRT "Cake/PieceOfCake"
BenQ XL2420T
Astro A40 + Mixamp

Offline Sorothos

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: 08:57 AM - 11/15/19 »
Yes you're right, but for which group of people was the device made?!

For the ~10% who want to give it so much time to adjust the XIM (and read the forum) or for the the large part of people who just want to plug and play?

It is about the choice of default smart translator MW 2019 for most users and in this case ST1 is easier, you get well results with it very fast and it's like the smart translators from previous CoDs.

So THIS should be the default. Not the one where you have to invest hours first.

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: 11:13 AM - 11/15/19 »
I remember when Xim was about getting the absolute best performance possible and now it's about settling for passable to make it convenient for people for whom four menu clicks and a three digit input is an insurmountable task.
"MW ST1 users are an inferior species and an evolutionary abomination" - On the Origin of Species, Charles Darwin

Offline Sorothos

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: 11:46 AM - 11/15/19 »
You can easily get best performance with current possibilities with Xim Apex (Steady Aim, Boost, Curves, Smoothing)

I'm just talking about default settings - and this should be a relative simple but effective ST (like ST1), who can get even better, if you tweak the other options.

But ST2 is unplayable without changing all settings and try everything to get used with it... That shoudn't be the case.

ST1 is simply nice (like all STs in previous CoDs), so why making ST2 so different and difficult and start to playing around with ingame options.

If you just want to do four menu clicks and a three digit inputthere should still be a chance for someone to get a good XIM experience.
It's not my style too, I like tweaking around with the settings, but ST1 is much more reliable than ST2.

Offline OhBlivEeUn

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: 03:54 PM - 11/15/19 »
Try doing pop shots with the Dwagle and you will really se the difference. There are way too many variables to make st2 consistent
Be careful when taking advice, not everyone is qualified to give it. Make your own conclusions. XIM user since 2011

Offline havoxxx

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: 07:12 PM - 11/15/19 »
updated setting in my mixer channel, drop some sparks if you like it!

Offline tepidblack

• View Profile
« Reply #220 on: 02:56 PM - 11/16/19 »
Yes you're right, but for which group of people was the device made?!

For the ~10% who want to give it so much time to adjust the XIM (and read the forum) or for the the large part of people who just want to plug and play?

It is about the choice of default smart translator MW 2019 for most users and in this case ST1 is easier, you get well results with it very fast and it's like the smart translators from previous CoDs.

So THIS should be the default. Not the one where you have to invest hours first.

Setting the ingame ADS sens to 1.5 is a gigantic, Herculean task. Iím actually shocked that some people are even capable of this soul-destroying feat, they must be more than men. I canít believe these people spend thousands of hours changing a setting, itís incredible.

Offline Cassidy

• View Profile
« Reply #221 on: 10:22 AM - 11/17/19 »
Try doing pop shots with the Dwagle and you will really se the difference. There are way too many variables to make st2 consistent

I noticed this too. Now I have to find my sens again with ST1.. I got used to ST2.

Offline ilovegazongas

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: ILOVEGAZONGAS-
« Reply #222 on: 12:57 PM - 11/17/19 »
ST2 was way better. Ads is too slow on 1.0!!! Snaping on targets at 2.0 was perfect. Only issue were a bit of acceleration when going back to hip. Don't know what u guys were complaining about. Now it's crap. Is there a way for me to get back to ST2? Auto updated...

Edit: forget what I said it's working great. just had getting used to it

Edit2: it's not the same! Way too slow. Snapping on target is a mess compared to ads 2.0!!
« Last Edit: 05:20 PM - 11/24/19 by ilovegazongas »

Offline The prodigy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: 01:58 PM - 11/17/19 »
ST2 was way better. Ads is too slow on 1.0!!! Snaping on targets at 2.0 was perfect. Only issue were a bit of acceleration when going back to hip. Don't know what u guys were complaining about. Now it's crap. Is there a way for me to get back to ST2? Auto updated...

Auto updated?  :o  Idk about your XIM but mine doesn't do that.
You have to actually delete the config (ST2) and make a new one so that's not something you do by accident.
Anyway there's no way to get it back if you deleted all configs.

Offline Hybridjones

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Hybridjones
« Reply #224 on: 07:27 AM - 11/18/19 »
Hey guys, so I updated but kept my st2 to compare once I test this one out. I did not get the game until the st2 was already in place so I started with that and honestly felt really snappy to me and I tweaked it some more with the settings some longtime forum members suggested. I got on today after not playing for a week because of work and school and did pretty well but did notice some jittery aa bubble fuckery when I had to snap onto targets though if it was the xim, cod stuns or shakiness, or my own im not sure. I use logitech g pro at 16000dpi 1000hz 360ms ads delay and 15/15 xim sense with less than 25ms ping. There is no issue with updating to the new firmware and using old sts right?
Edit: on the st2 im using 1.5 ads multiplier. does the st1 that we just switched to work with the ads multiplier over x1.0?
« Last Edit: 07:59 AM - 11/18/19 by Hybridjones »