XIM Community

New Mod Squad website is live...  (Read 799 times)

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
New Mod Squad website is live...
« on: 04:29 AM - 11/05/19 »
After 6 long months of daily grind, I've finally launched the new Mod Squad site - https://modsquad.com.au. I built, designed & wrote it all myself, it looks good on desktop, mobile & tablets and I'm pretty happy with the result (needs TTFB optimisation, I'll get to that).

The XIM APEX page is detail-rich, including easy to understand overviews of Features & Expert settings, and the FAQ is comprehensive with some solid troubleshooting tips. It's worth a look, even if you aren't an Aussie (we don't ship internationally, sorry).

There's a tonne of new products to be added, with hopefully hundreds more next year, including games.

Live streaming will start again next week to demo XIM APEX, Azeron Compact, Wooting Two, Titan Two, Fragpedals and other goodies. Expect loads of ring-rust, trash aim and hissy-fits...I haven't played any games since April  :-[ Jump onto Twitch for a chat, or just to point and laugh.
« Last Edit: 04:54 AM - 11/05/19 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline slickrick

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: New Mod Squad website is live...
« Reply #1 on: 06:02 AM - 11/05/19 »
nice one, site looks great!

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #2 on: 07:57 AM - 11/05/19 »
Quality website, antithesis. You've clearly put in a lot of time and effort. The image zoom feature is especially nice. Really smooth and fast: you could teach Amazon a thing or two!

The specific product pages are outstanding. So much information. More, and better displayed, than you would get from most OEMs. Your product knowledge is clear and detailed. Maybe add some of your own tips and experiences in the future?

Fingers crossed that your hard work brings in the big bucks!

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro with 1TB Crucial MX500, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Aorus AMP500, Audio Technica ADG1X, SB X7, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Core i5 4690k, Corsair H100i, RTX 2070, 16GB Corsair Vengence DDR3, XFX ProSeries 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 2x500GB Samsung Evo SSDs, 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, 1TB WD HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables. And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #3 on: 02:53 PM - 11/05/19 »
Quality website, antithesis. You've clearly put in a lot of time and effort. The image zoom feature is especially nice. Really smooth and fast: you could teach Amazon a thing or two!

The specific product pages are outstanding. So much information. More, and better displayed, than you would get from most OEMs. Your product knowledge is clear and detailed. Maybe add some of your own tips and experiences in the future?

Fingers crossed that your hard work brings in the big bucks!

Thanks boys :salute:

Attention to detail cost huge amounts of time, but it's worth it to provide good information about good products to fellow gamers, which really is all I'm trying to do.

ceebs, the original intent of the sidebar speech bubble was to provide mini-reviews, but I backed off that in favour of a more objective, at a glance summary. I'm not the hard-sell type and don't want to oversell something I can't deliver.

If peeps want an opinion, I'll leave that to customer reviews and the live stream. I won't stream for entertainment (i'm not entertaining) nor income (it won't earn anything), it's purely for Q & A and interaction with prospective customers. And for you turds to make fun of me ;)

I'll spend a couple of days this week on my Twitch channel polishing the presentation and adding shortcuts for info, e.g. !xim will throw a link to the XIM APEX page.

The next big thing is to start making "How-to..." tutorials and videos for simple things like connecting controller X to console Y, or setting up an Ultimate button or AUX page on a XIM. If I can establish credibility as someone who knows their stuff, the sales will follow :)

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04:08 AM - 11/06/19 »
The next big thing is to start making "How-to..." tutorials and videos for simple things like connecting controller X to console Y, or setting up an Ultimate button or AUX page on a XIM. If I can establish credibility as someone who knows their stuff, the sales will follow :)
Great idea. That's bound to create sales.

Still no shipping to the UK, though... your website is dead to me. ε/̵͇̿̿/í̿í̿ ̿(◡︵◡)
 ;)

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro with 1TB Crucial MX500, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Aorus AMP500, Audio Technica ADG1X, SB X7, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Core i5 4690k, Corsair H100i, RTX 2070, 16GB Corsair Vengence DDR3, XFX ProSeries 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 2x500GB Samsung Evo SSDs, 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD, 1TB WD HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables. And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10:50 AM - 11/07/19 »
Had to turn my monitor upside down but i really like the new website!
It looks really high quality, will try to catch your stream if the time zone difference allows it! :)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11:54 AM - 11/07/19 »
Why did you have to turn... oh, got it! ;)

Where's HL3?

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #7 on: 02:43 PM - 11/07/19 »
It looks really high quality, will try to catch your stream if the time zone difference allows it! :)
You had me worried for a second :)

Iíll be doing day & night streams once things settle (3 x day, 2 x night per week). Aussie mornings will work for the US, evening streams for Europe.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 06:40 PM - 11/07/19 »

Iíll be doing day & night streams once things settle (3 x day, 2 x night per week). Aussie mornings will work for the US, evening streams for Europe.

Wow how many hours does the day have in down under, it must be close to 30h or else i have no idea how you fit that all into one day ;)
looking forward to the streams, ill rotate my screen in preparation ;) ;)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05:32 AM - 11/08/19 »

Not trying to be funny, but why are you targeting the US and Europe for your streams, when you're not selling there?  ???

Where's HL3?

Online antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #10 on: 02:54 PM - 11/08/19 »
Iím not targeting the US or EU specifically, itís primarily for Aussies. If I could stream from 3-5pm thatíd be best for AU, but I canít due to family commitments. The next best times based on site usage are late morning and evening, hence the schedule.

However, itís a product demo & info stream and I found most viewers were from the US or EU simply due to higher Twitch adoption rates and population, or they knew me from here. With that in mind, itís a good idea to be available for EU / US users to learn more about XIMs and other goodies, regardless of where they buy :)

Wholesale pricing and taxes are high here, so margins are very low. Couple that with high shipping costs and GST to export overseas and itís not even close to viable. I plan to export to NZ (still some legwork to do there) but thatís it.