XIM Community

[ACTIVE] XIM4 not being registered on PC  (Read 730 times)

Offline Jakmier

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Jakmier
  • PSN ID: Jakmier
[ACTIVE] XIM4 not being registered on PC
« on: 07:32 PM - 10/21/19 »
Hello all!

After about a year or so, I decided to dust off my Xim4. I mainly use it for PVP in Destiny2 on the PC. My controller doesn't seem to be connecting to the xim4 anymore. Everything lights up and works but the Xbox controller will constantly flash and not end up working. This all used to work. After researching what can be the problem I decided to try to update the firmware, but my Xim4 doesn't seem to be recognized by my PC, also tried my laptop and nothing there either.
« Last Edit: 08:59 AM - 10/22/19 by mist4fun »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: XIM4 not being registered on PC
« Reply #1 on: 08:59 AM - 10/22/19 »
I'm sorry to hear that, not being able to use the flash tool with two PCs can be a sign of a larger problem. Was your XIM4 in programming mode (solid blue)?

Each of these steps is known to solve issues related to using the flash tool with XIM, be sure to try them all.

1) Unplug all peripherals from XIM, the ports should be empty
2) Attach XIM to USB 2.0 ports on the PC, you may have issues with XIM attached to USB 3.0 ports.
3) XIM4 users should test another cable between XIM4 and PC. APEX users should use direct connection.
4) Disable antivirus on the PC
5) Boot the PC in safe mode
6) Use another PC if available
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Jakmier

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Jakmier
  • PSN ID: Jakmier
Re: [ACTIVE] XIM4 not being registered on PC
« Reply #2 on: 10:08 AM - 11/03/19 »
Hello!

I tried all the options again (with and without the xim4 being in "blue" mode) and no success. My laptop nor my computer got the "bing" sound of something being connected. I even ran through my device manager and checked all my ports to see if anything was connected and nothing.

Admin