XIM Community

Have to unplug and plug in xim 3 to 4 times before it works  (Read 616 times)

Offline chrome-

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: x IInIFaMoUs x
  • PSN ID: IInIFaMoUs
Im just wondering why I have to unplug and plug in xim apex 3 to 4 times before it works. I have 2 xim apex's that both do it. I've tried different controllers and different USB cables. Its getting pretty dam annoying, especially when I'm in a full lobby and they are waiting for me to get my Xim working. I use a ducky TKL  keyboard and glorious model o minus mouse.
Xbox Live ID: x IInIFaMoUs x
EPIC ID: xIInIFaMoUsx
PSN ID: IInIFaMoUs
Steam ID: 187lordinfamous
Origin ID: IInIFaMoUs

Offline errorist

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Errorist
I have to turn bluetooth on and off before I can connect to XIM Manager on my Apex. Never had that issue with XIM4.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
There are four primary potential causes:

1. Try another data-capable USB cable. Micro-USB cables and ports are easily damaged due to their fragile design and are the weakest link in the chain.

2. Try another controller. Likewise, the micro-USB ports are easily damaged. If you have a spare controller, try that.

3. Add more power. The XIM APEX USB hub has a power port. If a mouse & keyboard are power-hungry, it can result in periodic disconnects, as you've described.

4. Recharge the controller. Connect the controller direct to the console and fully charge it before connecting to XIM APEX.

Like many of us here, I've had every one of these symptoms over the last 10 years. Invariably, replacing the USB cable and adding power has resolved the issue on multiple XIM generations.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts