XIM Community

Settings for if your fortnite aim assist is to strong  (Read 523 times)

Offline Bb4life1991

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: YT Boogeyman
If you guys are struggling with aim assist being to strong on new settings or legacy the combination for the lowest amount of aim assist is the following

1000hz(a must due to smoothing with any other hertz will give you that horrible delayed floaty feeling)
ANY DPI(this dpi an aim assist strength to me is a myth, if you calculate your game sense perfectly for each dpi aim assist strength stays same dont use in accurate dpi calculators)
Sync (common)
Smoothing(20) this to me is what makes it closer to analog like movement which is why i think it cuts through aim assist so well. In my opinion lots of myths with peoples claims. I realize there are so many differnet combinations of things you can run to suit your needs. To me if you want best experience with aim assist you want to help be as much like an analog stick as possible (to a degree) instead of trying to get this perfect pc feel is going to just make aim assist more of a pain. Now if you are  turning aim assist stuff off an going for 100% pc feel then probably dont use these settings

Summary
1000hz
Any dpi
Common sync
20 smoothing

The next closest thing ive gotten not as much aim assist is 1000hz off sync 20 smoothing(mjfames config)  but with common sync aim assist cuts through it even more i think with common sync an 20 smoothing an 1000hz its closest to controller settings which is why i think it cuts through aim assist most.

Hoenstly crazy how much crap mjfame caught for his settings yet people out here still think dpi affects aim assist which ill never understand. How can dpi affect aim assist if when lowering dpi your cranking up the sensitivity to compensate it makes no sense not to mention logitech engineers youtube video explaining how if your using high dpi regardless its not optimal for gaming,performance,accuracy these xim forums are definitely always interesting ill say that i enjoy reading posts all day

I will say i need to try other games other then fortnite to see if dpi is the same in other games id assume its going to be its same concept you crank dpi up u lower sensitivity accordingly (dont use a dpi calculator) mouse is moving same exact distance aim assist shouldnt be affected i tested this with 800 dpi an 16000 with a character standing still started in each spot same on mouse pad started at charcters foot went up to top head. Both dpiís went same distance no difference in aim assist strength

An as far as mjfames config goes in my opinion its the smoothing is that makes it flow so well. His curve is literally just a sensitivity multiplier if i remember correctly. People can say what they want but the smoothing is the icing on the cake. If i just use 1000hz common no smoothing wayyyy different story then compared to the settings i listed above. The aim assist is way to strong to me
« Last Edit: 08:52 AM - 10/28/19 by Bb4life1991 »

Offline usedtospaml2

• View Profile
Re: Settings for if your fortnite aim assist is to strong
« Reply #1 on: 09:54 AM - 10/28/19 »
do you use hip translator for ads& do you use smoothing for ads?

Offline Bb4life1991

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: YT Boogeyman
Re: Settings for if your fortnite aim assist is to strong
« Reply #2 on: 10:06 AM - 10/28/19 »
do you use hip translator for ads& do you use smoothing for ads?

No i use ads translator for ads and smoothing 20 both on hip an ads