XIM Community

Effect of using a gaming mouse pad?  (Read 2449 times)

Offline Flamemonkey

• MVP
  • Nomnomnom?
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: H3X AntiStyle
Effect of using a gaming mouse pad?
« on: 01:17 PM - 01/22/11 »
Alright, I'm starting to get interested in a gaming mouse pad, but I want to hear your opinions on the matter. I've always used just a plain ol' general office quality mousepad, but have been wondering what exactly are the advantages of using a "gaming mouse pad"? I imagine the overall quality will be better, but is it enough to warrant ~$50? While I love the looks and blue glowiness of my Lycosa, it wasn't exactly a noticeable jump in performance from my old slimkey keyboard.
I'm not quite expecting the same jump as going from a @#$% mouse to a 5600dpi one, but is the performance worth a jump in price?
Btw, I'm specifically looking at getting a mouse from http://www.func.net/ , since they can make one with a custom print (I find plain looking mouse pads to be, well, boring.) Does anyone know if they're good? I saw one review that seemed rather impressed with one of theirs, but if anyone else knows a better company to get a mousepad (With custom print!) let me know.

The M on the cover is supposed to let you know you need to be mature.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Effect of using a gaming mouse pad?
« Reply #1 on: 02:49 PM - 01/22/11 »
gaming pads usually give you a better precision + a better glide with the mouse
some pads also focus on the size, so you dont need to lift your mouse whenever you reach the end of the mat

that are their main advantages

about the price
well 50$ is really the upper end of he pricerange
you can get a good gaming pad for like 10$, but usually they will cost you something around 20$
id advice you to go into a store and check out some of their mats as there are different mat-classes (cloth, pure plastic, rubber...)
find the one you like the most and then search for it on this func.net page
btw i cant tell you if they do quality work, never really heard of them (but they seem to work for dell)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline MattIsBogus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03:03 PM - 01/22/11 »
The advantages of a gaming mouse pad  for me personally is that I feel it glides much better allowing me to be more precise. I don't think it warrants 50$, but I use a Steel Series QcK+ and it was only about 20$. My pad is by no means small, it takes up half my desk, but I play on a very low sens. so I make really huge swipes when turning. I use an mx518 and it goes really well with the pad I use, although some may be better for other mice with a higher dpi, but I have never experimented before. I have only ever owned an mx518 and this pad. The material is also very durable and waterproof for washing.

Offline beryfarnandas

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Xbox Live
  • PSN ID: A1inesanne
« Reply #3 on: 03:38 AM - 08/15/17 »
Alright, I'm starting to get interested in a gaming mouse pad, but I want to hear your opinions on the matter. I've always used just a plain ol' general office quality mousepad, but have been wondering what exactly are the advantages of using a "gaming mouse pad"? I imagine the overall quality will be better, but is it enough to warrant ~$50? While I love the looks and blue glowiness of my Lycosa, it wasn't exactly a noticeable jump in performance from my old slimkey keyboard.
I'm not quite expecting the same jump as going from a @#$% mouse to a 5600dpi one, but is the performance worth a jump in price?
Btw, I'm specifically looking at getting a mouse from http://www.func.net/ , since they can make one with a custom print (I find plain looking mouse pads to be, well, boring.) Does anyone know if they're good? I saw one review that seemed rather impressed with one of theirs, but if anyone else knows a better company to get a mousepad (With custom print!) let me know.

In addition, a good gaming mouse pad is equipped with a multi-year life. This makes it no longer necessary to buy a new mouse pad again and again.

Offline RichardSmith

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07:34 PM - 03/20/19 »
It seems that any mouse will be better, then keypad etc. It is faster, at least.