XIM Community

OW ST release for post-patch Halloween update?  (Read 864 times)

Offline Contortionist

• View Profile
OW ST release for post-patch Halloween update?
« on: 10:31 AM - 10/21/19 »
   First off, Iíd like to express my appreciation for all the hardworking mods and devs within this community. Iím fairly new and just now deciding to become active here in the forums. Moving forward, I have seen a few posts on the topic which is mostly knowledge Iíve already been aware of. I know mist has been hard at work and Iím just genuinely curious if there is any definite release date/time for the ST after Blizzard has (unironically) managed to screw something up with their newest patch to consoles. I understand these things take time for development as well as testing/practicing so I am in no way pressing the matter. Like I said, just curious. Again, you dudes are awesome at what you do and I appreciate the efforts to solidify your product as well as the service you provide for the community.
Content Creator - Streamer
PS4 Overwatch Competitor
T500 since Season 1 (4500 peak)

Any questions about coaching, configs, in-game settings, or account boosting, reach me on my Discord: psychescape#5902

Offline Addytoostrong

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Addy too strong
Re: OW ST release for post-patch Halloween update?
« Reply #1 on: 10:37 AM - 10/21/19 »
Honestly dont think they will, unless they change to linear. Its not a xim problem imo its on blizzards end. Hopefully they find a work around, maybe a st for linear

Offline Contortionist

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10:45 AM - 10/21/19 »
Itís been talked about and hopefully addressed by Blizzard but I cannot be bothered to post or even read their forums. Iíd assume it would be something easily fixed on their end, but who knows when thatís actually going to happen? Either way, itís manageable after Iíve tweaked a few things but not as fluid as my gameplay was previously.
PS4 Overwatch Competitor

Any questions about coaching, configs, in-game settings, or account boosting, reach me on my Discord: psychescape#5902

Offline Andrxiaa

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Andrxiaa
  • PSN ID: Andrxia
« Reply #3 on: 05:24 PM - 10/21/19 »
Temp solution before the update comes;
Change ďAll heroesĒ aim technique to linear
Change your mains aim technique to exponential ramp
It feels like it did before the patch

Offline Contortionist

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06:05 PM - 10/21/19 »
lol yeah I figured that out literally a few minutes after the patch. I appreciate it though
PS4 Overwatch Competitor

Offline jd1boo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08:03 PM - 10/21/19 »
Linear is also different after the update. Had to cut linear sensitivity and the translation feels off using generic alpha config. I am wondering if the xim devs are waiting to see if Blizzard will revert the aiming after an update before doing or releasing anything.