XIM Community

Which is the best Analog device for Xim apex?  (Read 713 times)

Offline MercyOnCall

• View Profile
Which is the best Analog device for Xim apex?
« on: 12:19 AM - 10/21/19 »
Hello! Please,i need help figuring out what are the options for an analog controller because my keyboard has gone faulty

I know the Ps3 navi controller is very popular but id like something with more buttons,what are the options ? Thank you in advance,

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: Which is the best Analog device for Xim apex?
« Reply #1 on: 12:32 AM - 10/21/19 »
Logitech G13, which is no longer in production, but can be picked up second-hand on Amazon, eBay etc.

Alternately, Azeron from https://azeron.eu. I highly recommend the Compact model rather than the Classic for console gaming.

I own all them and would go with Azeron Compact in a heartbeat, but supply is limited and they are currently very expensive.
« Last Edit: 02:00 AM - 10/21/19 by antithesis »

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01:41 AM - 10/21/19 »
Yes Azeron or Logitech G13 are the way to go (the G13 requires a large hand or else the analog stick placement may feel uncomfortable after a while).

Another great option would be the Razer Tartarus v2 if you have some soldering skills and want to follow the Tuffrabit Analog Stick Mod for it. Tuffrabit is also selling fully modded versions.
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline MercyOnCall

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10:13 AM - 10/21/19 »
Thank you for the replies guys,i looked into these peripherals in the past.

I worded it out terribly,i am specifically looking for something like the Navi controller. Just a stick-like controller with an analog but i need somehing with more buttons than what the navi offers. Could it be that navi controller is the only option for my specific needs?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10:56 AM - 10/21/19 »
there was a splitfish nunchuck that had more buttons but im not sure if it works with the xim.
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline Tommy Gun

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10:06 PM - 10/21/19 »
If you have a g502 or other mouse with a lot of buttons, just use the console controller! I use my Xbox controller with my left hand, and map most of the buttons to the mouse. It works really well.

Offline Maria

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Maria
« Reply #6 on: 10:38 PM - 10/21/19 »
Get a nav in the meantime. G502 and a nav will leave you with an unused button or two. Well 1 because of the Symmetra thing.

Offline MercyOnCall

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11:35 PM - 10/21/19 »
Thanks guys! After my research Navi it is :)! Really appreciated the input and comments 👍

Offline MercyOnCall

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11:37 PM - 10/21/19 »
If you have a g502 or other mouse with a lot of buttons, just use the console controller! I use my Xbox controller with my left hand, and map most of the buttons to the mouse. It works really well.

I KNOW! Its so good, i dont have a xbox one controller anymore though . The dualshock 4 is terrible for this because the joystick is in a very uncomfortable spot if you wanna hold it with 1 hand.

Im thinking of gettin a xbox one elite controller for the back paddel now ,hmm

Offline Tommy Gun

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11:53 PM - 10/21/19 »
The dualshock 4 is terrible for this because the joystick is in a very uncomfortable spot if you wanna hold it with 1 hand.

Ah, that's too bad. I have a foam "holder" for my controller (no longer being sold), so I don't hold onto it at all. I rest it on the table, and rest my hand on top. No gripping required.

Offline Au1d Yin

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 04:19 AM - 10/22/19 »
I play with an Azeron Compact, which is great but I also have my controller held on a flexible goose neck clamp (for a camera) that works well for the times I need to hold the controller (like half press trigger pulls etc)

If you play at a desk it's a good option as the controller "floats" above the desk, and can be moved up out of the way, or pulled down and then the controller is held lightly and you can also have your hand resting on the desk.