XIM Community

IGN scores Eagle Eye Converter "Mediocre"  (Read 5885 times)

Offline [SCA]COBRA

• View Profile
IGN scores Eagle Eye Converter "Mediocre"
« on: 04:44 PM - 01/21/11 »
Quote from: IGN
Penguin United Eagle Eye Converter Review

Use a keyboard and mouse on your PS3...sort of.

I'm not sure if anyone saw this already but I thought it was pretty funny.  I also put a comment on the story to help spread the word a little bit.

Hopefully someone sends an XIM3 off to IGN to review so that they see there is good hardware in this segment too!

Offline Imager

• View Profile
Re: IGN scores Eagle Eye Converter "Mediocre"
« Reply #1 on: 04:46 PM - 01/21/11 »
My brother in CA works for IGN.
XImager (Xbox GameTag)... G9x G13... Warcraft, Starcraft, Battlefield 1942, America's Army than quit cold turkey for 9 years.  Now my girls are into FPS games and I am getting killed... I need a keyboard and mouse.

Offline [SCA]COBRA

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04:51 PM - 01/21/11 »
My brother in CA works for IGN.

Once you get your hands on it I doubt you'll give it up for even an hour, let alone a week or so, for them to review it.  In my first post, by "someone" I meant someone from the XIM3 side sending one off to IGN.

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #3 on: 05:05 PM - 01/21/11 »
Thanks for the link. Looks like they did a thorough assessment of the device which is good to see. The reviews where someone plays it for 10 minutes and throws up a score is useless.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline Imager

• View Profile
XImager (Xbox GameTag)... G9x G13... Warcraft, Starcraft, Battlefield 1942, America's Army than quit cold turkey for 9 years.  Now my girls are into FPS games and I am getting killed... I need a keyboard and mouse.

Offline Zen

• MVP
    • View Profile

Offline wat

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05:22 PM - 01/21/11 »
"the Eagle Eye Converter is the best option out there."

Lol the writer needs to do more homework xD

Offline Flamemonkey

• MVP
  • Nomnomnom?
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: H3X AntiStyle
« Reply #7 on: 05:27 PM - 01/21/11 »
Hrm he seemed to complain about the price, which is interesting because from what I hear, the average possible price of the XIM3 is double that. Hrm. Hopefully if IGN rates it, it'll be the same guy, since he's already had experience with worse and would have a direct comparison.

The M on the cover is supposed to let you know you need to be mature.

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #8 on: 05:30 PM - 01/21/11 »
He's complaining about paying for something that doesn't work as advertised.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline Flamemonkey

• MVP
  • Nomnomnom?
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: H3X AntiStyle
« Reply #9 on: 05:31 PM - 01/21/11 »
True. But if nothing else we all know that he has knowledge of all the different factors that controllers use for aim (Like the acceleration and such). I actually had to show most of the controller users I know all those different factors. They had never even noticed. O_o

The M on the cover is supposed to let you know you need to be mature.

Offline toysrme

• 14 National Championships
  • MVP
  • FannyPAX, best avatar EVAAAR!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 05:42 PM - 01/21/11 »
they also dont notice anything about auto-aim.
Somebody didn't read the rules before posting. You need a post count of 100 500 to talk directly to toys.
[/size]

Offline [SCA]COBRA

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 05:56 PM - 01/21/11 »
they also dont notice anything about auto-aim.

Perhaps they had it turned off in Black Ops.  Am I correct in assuming that disabling auto-aim in Black Ops disables it 100%?  Or does it just tone it way down?  I played for awhile with it off and didn't feel any sticky aim like you usually do -- I was overaiming quite a lot, especially since I use sensitivity 10. 

Also, I have MAG on the PS3 and I don't feel any auto-aim on that game at all (doesn't mean it's not there though).

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 06:11 PM - 01/21/11 »
obsiv you better dont give out xims to get reviewed right after the first release

most pages/magazines will think the first batch price will be the end-price and they will rate it a bit weaker cause of the price
+ you can get rid of some bugs from buyers who found them
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline Soulo

• MVP
  • Origin: Soulo13
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Soulo13
  • PSN ID: TheRealSoulo
« Reply #13 on: 07:57 PM - 01/21/11 »
obsiv you better dont give out xims to get reviewed right after the first release

most pages/magazines will think the first batch price will be the end-price and they will rate it a bit weaker cause of the price
+ you can get rid of some bugs from buyers who found them

^^^^ Good idea  I know if I find anything I will post it up.  But thinking again even if it is price the customer service on this thing is OUTSTANDING and I haven't even purchased one yet.  The fact that you get to speak directly to the developers and they actually listen and are involved and respond to you is PRICELESS (well almost) for me. 
Nothing worse than buying something and not recieving a response when something is wrong feels like you  took your money and just straight up threw a handful of it in the garbage and called it a day.  PISSES ME OFF.

Complete opposite here though before release and actually LONG before release :)
Community TS3 Server (US Central) - Console and PC Gaming
Server Address: justgame.teamspeak3.com:8670

you're not a hardcore gamer until you snort coke off your mousepad in the middle of a quake duel
Think to yourself "is this something an idiot would post?" ... If the answer to either of those questions is "yes" then you probably shouldn't post it

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 12:20 AM - 01/22/11 »
Thanks for the link. Looks like they did a thorough assessment of the device which is good to see. The reviews where someone plays it for 10 minutes and throws up a score is useless.

Then its 10 minutes you have to convince them. But that will be enough for the XIM3.
Crusade atm: none

Admin