XIM Community

Syncronisation auto * and /  (Read 1110 times)

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
Syncronisation auto * and /
« on: 08:59 AM - 10/15/19 »
Wouldn't it be nice if the the change of Synchronisation would also automatically multiply or divide the sens accordingly? Having to set the sens after sync change is weird as the multiplier and dividers are known.
Crusade atm: none

Offline 1ME

• View Profile
Re: Syncronisation auto * and /
« Reply #1 on: 09:56 AM - 10/15/19 »
Wouldn't it be nice if the the change of Synchronisation would also automatically multiply or divide the sens accordingly? Having to set the sens after sync change is weird as the multiplier and dividers are known.

100% this.

Idk why this isn't the case yet, but having to change the sens manually after switching sync is extremly annyoing.

And tbh sync is a weird setting anyways, nobody really seems to know what it actually does.

Mainly playing CoD   ▪   1600dpi   ▪   Default sync   ▪   1000hz
Play fair, have fun

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10:08 AM - 10/15/19 »
Just harder to compare the syncs if you have to set the sens each time. I mean nothing is easy to program on the Apex as its machine code but this one should not be that hard.

Obs any chance?

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11:22 PM - 10/15/19 »
Global options something like "automatically adjust sens with Sync setting"?

Would be a tremendous comfort gain.

Offline link575

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: LoneWolf575
« Reply #4 on: 10:20 AM - 10/16/19 »
Agreed, though Obsiv seems to be against it do to not being an exact change. Perhaps just providing a warning that it is just a close estimate with the toggle would alleviate?

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10:23 AM - 10/16/19 »
OK didn’t know about accuracy but would also take it to have approximately same mouse speed and then adjust a bit. Would be enough to compare quickly instead of changing sync, changing sens - repeat 3 times-  which is a pain.
Its not about exact change but you cant compare jitter of the different syncs without changing the sens. In latest Ghost recon difference between off and slow is day and night but you only see it after adjusting the sens.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03:13 PM - 10/16/19 »
I think the following would solve this (and many more sensitivity problems):

An option to set your cm/360° ratio in the xim config, that way you could have the same sensitivity across all games (unless turnspeed cap prevents this) plus sensitivity changes like sync, polling rate or dpi can easily be corrected as well. Its also much easier to grasp for the user when looking up the configs or sensitivities of other players. I mean most users dont know if a sensitivity of 10 with 16000 dpi refers to a slow, mid or fast sensitivity and how they translate that to their dpi settings.
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10:21 PM - 10/16/19 »
Good idea and I asked for such a global cm/360°ratio years ago. I understand that this resulting sens will be different for each game so it would make Mist more work to find out or the translation engine would have to spit out a ratio. Could reveal company secret. So I don't think we will get this very cool maxed out feature Od1n.
Multiplying or Dividing the sens to sync would be enough to stop the sync change discomfort.

Offline Eleven

• I am once again asking for a retrain for ApLegends
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Taylor
« Reply #8 on: 04:35 AM - 10/21/19 »
Was there any update to this, obs? Mist?.I would ******* love this feature. Ability to have same sens or as close as can be would be a dream come true. Please make it happen ;D

Offline dpk_ydv

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: B2uT3_f02c3
« Reply #9 on: 03:31 AM - 10/22/19 »
+1