XIM Community

How do listen with headphones?  (Read 233 times)

Offline JohnnyBlaze9319

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Johnnyblaze9319
How do listen with headphones?
« on: 05:49 AM - 10/15/19 »
Hi I want to get a xim, but before I do I want to make sure how to connect my gaming headset!
Does it just plug into my Xbox one x controller as per normal?
I have seen a few YouTube videos on xim connection but they donít really specify headphone connection
Xbox one x
Hyperxcloud revolver headset
Thank you so much

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
Re: How do listen with headphones?
« Reply #1 on: 08:00 AM - 10/15/19 »
Welcome to the forum, JohnnyBlaze9319.

If your headset has a 3.5mm jack, just plug it into the controller. If you have the first variation of the controller (without a 3.5mil port) you'll need to buy a Stereo Headset Adapter.

For better sound quality, you can also plug your headset into an external amp/DAC like the Turtle Beach DSS2, Fiio E10K or any of the DACs from Sound Blaster (I have the one in my sig).

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro with 1TB Crucial MX500, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Aorus AMP500, Audio Technica ADG1X, SB X7, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Intel Core i5 [email protected], Corsair H100i, Radeon RX 5700 XT, 16GB Corsair Vengence DDR3 1600, XFX ProSeries 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 2xSamsung Evo 500 SSD, WD 1TB HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables. And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend!