XIM Community

[RESOLVED] XIM apex suddenly not recognising keyboard [PS4]  (Read 350 times)

Offline Ishxjrl

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: StackP-
Hi,

Iíve used my apex for about 3 months now. Never had any type of big issue at all. Until today, I was in a game where my XIM randomly disconnected. When I unplugged it and plugged it back in. It didnít detect my keyboard. Iíve never once had a power issue, so I doubt itís that. Iíve also attempted to restart the XIM, have plugged the peripherals into the ports one by one. But still, no change. My keyboard is just plugged in, receiving power. But not showing up within the app. I originally thought maybe the keyboard connector is broken, but I plugged it into the PS4 and the lights turned on just fine, it was still recognised by the console. By my XIM however, it does not work at all. My controller is charged to a full 3 bars. The keyboard also has two connectors, one for the keyboard itself and god knows what the other is for. Itís never been used before so.

Mouse is a Corsair harpoon

Keyboard is a Corsair K70
« Last Edit: 04:32 PM - 10/22/19 by mist4fun »

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: XIM apex suddenly not recognising keyboard [PS4]
« Reply #1 on: 01:32 PM - 10/12/19 »
We've generally had difficultly with Corsair keyboards because they generally aren't up to USB specifications and only go so far to make them work with Windows. That said, we still believe we've fixed all the issues with them in our latest firmware. If you aren't using our latest firmware (http://xim.tech/latest), can you install it?

If you are still having trouble, can you try putting your keyboard into BIOS mode and tell us if that changes anything?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline J4rxl

• View Profile
Re: [ACTIVE] XIM apex suddenly not recognising keyboard [PS4]
« Reply #2 on: 06:23 PM - 10/12/19 »
Okay, I will give this a go and see what happens I guess. Iím already on the latest firmware however, I updated it the other day.

Offline Ishxjrl

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09:11 PM - 10/12/19 »
Okay, I put the keyboard in bios mode, put all the peripherals in while the PlayStation was off. Turned it on, the keyboard received power, but yet again wasnít recognised. My mouse was, but my keyboard wasnít. Iíve got no idea what to do here personally, my keyboard has always been recognised by the XIM until yesterday. As I said, thereís no power warning and I switched my mouse with the keyboard port just to make sure the port isnít damaged.

Offline Ishxjrl

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05:53 AM - 10/13/19 »
Bump! Still need help as my keyboard still isnít working.

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #5 on: 09:42 AM - 10/13/19 »
That's strange that it's not working on BIOS mode. And your keyboard is fully functional when you plug it into a computer?

Offline Ishxjrl

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03:08 PM - 10/13/19 »
That's strange that it's not working on BIOS mode. And your keyboard is fully functional when you plug it into a computer?

Well I donít know about fully functional, all I know is itís receiving power. One weird thing it does though is flash in its rainbow light sequence, then it switches to some white one, then mine that I have set up. The rainbow sequence is usually the lighting thatís on when you first buy it before you configure it. Do you think I should attempt to put it into a PC and then maybe the XIM again?

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #7 on: 03:55 PM - 10/13/19 »
Your XIM is displaying solid white? That means it's crashing. If the keyboard plugged in is the only difference, then the keyboard is causing USB errors.

When you plug it into a PC, does your keyboard work normally (more than just light up)?

Offline Ishxjrl

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 07:51 PM - 10/13/19 »
Your XIM is displaying solid white? That means it's crashing. If the keyboard plugged in is the only difference, then the keyboard is causing USB errors.

When you plug it into a PC, does your keyboard work normally (more than just light up)?

I think you misunderstood, I was talking about the keyboard lighting. When itís plugged in, it lights up in white and red (how Iíve got it configured). Then after around 10 seconds it flashes in a rainbow light sequence, which itís NEVER done before. Then, it switches to another random sequence which is white and red but the LEDs are laid out differently, it then switches back to red and white. Iíve never seen it do this.

The XIM, turns on, flashes in its rainbow colour scheme, when I select the config from my phone. It lights up purple, which is the config colour and then thatís all for the XIM. Itís on picking up my other peripherals, my mouse still works, controller is still emulating but the keyboard simply doesnít work with the XIM randomly. Iíve no idea what to do. I can normally figure most things out but this is just plain weird how it stopped connecting MID GAME all of a sudden and then just hasnít connected since.

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #9 on: 10:21 PM - 10/13/19 »
If you replug your keyboard after your XIM APEX is already running, does anything change (are things functional with your keyboard)?

Offline Ishxjrl

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11:46 PM - 10/13/19 »
If you replug your keyboard after your XIM APEX is already running, does anything change (are things functional with your keyboard)?

Nope, still no change at all. Can I also mention I only ran into this issue after updating the firmware so is there any chance that could be the problem?

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #11 on: 11:28 AM - 10/14/19 »
Ok, I'm not sure why you'd be having issues then on our latest firmware. Can you verify that you are on the latest firmware on your keyboard?

Offline Ishxjrl

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 04:56 AM - 10/15/19 »
Ok, I'm not sure why you'd be having issues then on our latest firmware. Can you verify that you are on the latest firmware on your keyboard?

Iíll plug it into my computer and check if thereís a firmware update.

Offline Ishxjrl

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 02:33 PM - 10/22/19 »

Whatís up dude, you can go ahead and mark this as resolved. Turns out the keyboard went into demo mode mid game by itself. Itís fixed by resitting the keyboard. Hold down ESC while plugging it in. Took a while to find a fix but I sorted it!

Thank you for your help mods, even though you didnít have the solution Iím sure everyone appreciates you! Youíre doing gods work!

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 04:32 PM - 10/22/19 »
Thanks for updating your thread and sharing the fix. I didn't know  of it's demo mode. I'll keep in mind going forward.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos