XIM Community

Best headset for soundwhoring?  (Read 1258 times)

Offline Holdmyjoint

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: OneManSqd
  • PSN ID: Floridasbadseed
Re: Best headset for soundwhoring?
« Reply #15 on: 07:58 PM - 10/12/19 »
Ops and I forgot.

No matter how good or expensive your audio setup is, if your friends in the voice chat keeps talking, screaming, ranting, all these performance will be negated by it hehehe so, take it into account ;)
I currently have Sennheiser gsp 600- so getting the dac would be my next step. I also have hyper x cloud 2
Ps4 pro/Xbox one X
Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG27VQ 27” Curved
Mouse:G502 Proteus Specturm
Pad: Corsair Hardpad RBG
PS3 Navigation controller

Offline Enrix

• Per Audacia ad Astra
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: iLiKeEnRiX
« Reply #16 on: 08:55 AM - 10/13/19 »
Ops and I forgot.

No matter how good or expensive your audio setup is, if your friends in the voice chat keeps talking, screaming, ranting, all these performance will be negated by it hehehe so, take it into account ;)
lol nice man, next time I am looking to buy some new headphones I will remember everything you said.
Thanks for the suggestions as well
PS4 Pro with SSD | Razer Ornata Chroma | Logitech G403 | Steelseries Siberia 800 | BenQ XL2420T

XIM APEX and mouse settings guide:
https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=66901.0

Is the XIM cheating?
https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=72737.0

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 09:32 AM - 10/13/19 »
Ops and I forgot.

I currently have Sennheiser gsp 600- so getting the dac would be my next step. I also have hyper x cloud 2
Sennheiser GSP-600 are outstanding, yet kind of odd; is a top gaming headset without of doubt, but is weird because even tho says only is 28 Ohms (meaning requires low power to work) when you connect these with an amplifier it sounds like a really REALLY AMAZING headphone for sound-whoring with great bass, imaging is up to par vs any very expensive high end audiophile headphones.
« Last Edit: 09:56 AM - 10/13/19 by alanmcgregor »

Offline Bb4life1991

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: YT Boogeyman
« Reply #18 on: 01:46 AM - 10/14/19 »
Years back in order to have Audiophile Headphones, you should spent above $400 for a decent DAC and other $600 for an amplifier.

Today, there are many Audiophile headphones are very efficient, meaning: doesn't need an amplifier to work properly. Can be powered by a console (usb dongle, controller) however it will sound better with amplification, and the good news you can have amplifiers from $70 - 100 that will powered any professional audiophile headphone.

So if I have to recommend the best bang per buck headphone for gaming, better than most gaming headset and if I could I will buy 12 and give it to my friends for gift will be, without of doubt:

Philips SPH9500 are audiophile grade headphones, excellent imaging, amazing soundstage for the price $75 usd, very good mid-range and treble, doesn't need an amp to work properly and work with consoles.

Most affordable top recommendation for sound-whoring:
Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro + JDS Atom Headphone amplifier

Get those headphones on sale, open box or used (you can change earpads and you are good)

may be a dumb question but if im on console an want these phillips you mentioned how do you talk to people in game chat with no microphone part to the headphones i need new headphones i have cheap 20$ ones from walmart

Offline Holdmyjoint

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: OneManSqd
  • PSN ID: Floridasbadseed
« Reply #19 on: 09:10 AM - 10/14/19 »
Years back in order to have Audiophile Headphones, you should spent above $400 for a decent DAC and other $600 for an amplifier.

Today, there are many Audiophile headphones are very efficient, meaning: doesn't need an amplifier to work properly. Can be powered by a console (usb dongle, controller) however it will sound better with amplification, and the good news you can have amplifiers from $70 - 100 that will powered any professional audiophile headphone.

So if I have to recommend the best bang per buck headphone for gaming, better than most gaming headset and if I could I will buy 12 and give it to my friends for gift will be, without of doubt:

Philips SPH9500 are audiophile grade headphones, excellent imaging, amazing soundstage for the price $75 usd, very good mid-range and treble, doesn't need an amp to work properly and work with consoles.

Get those headphones on sale, open box or used (you can change earpads and you are good)

may be a dumb question but if im on console an want these phillips you mentioned how do you talk to people in game chat with no microphone part to the headphones i need new headphones i have cheap 20$ ones from walmart

You’ll have to get a boom mic, and or a broadcast mic 🎙
Ps4 pro/Xbox one X
Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG27VQ 27” Curved
Mouse:G502 Proteus Specturm
Pad: Corsair Hardpad RBG
PS3 Navigation controller

Offline Bb4life1991

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: YT Boogeyman
« Reply #20 on: 09:12 AM - 10/14/19 »

You’ll have to get a boom mic, and or a broadcast mic 🎙

Ah ok thats what i figured. An assuming way to plug it into the consol since ull have ur headphones plugged into controller

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 10:30 AM - 10/14/19 »

Is not dumb, completely valid.

Headset = Headphone + mic.

I focused on Headphones on my earlier post.

But if you go for the Philips SHP9500 and want to turn it to a Headset, add the V-Moda Boom Mic - $29 usd

And you are ready to go, you have created an audiophile gaming headset for about $100 that kick @#$% most gaming headsets up to $250 with great sound delivery for both gaming and sound whoring.

If you are streamer, and want the best mic performance then you can go for an external rode/desktop mic.

If you are streamer and don't want your keystroke noise in the background, and still have very nice mic performance then you might consider the Antilion ModMic 5 which is more expensive $70.
« Last Edit: 10:35 AM - 10/14/19 by alanmcgregor »