XIM Community

d1sable - Apex Legends - Advanced Controls - Update 21.12.19  (Read 16295 times)

Offline belpoutre

• cool attitude
    • View Profile
Hi D1sable,
I tested it 1 hour and it seem to be more “natural”, in fact the feeling of aim is really closer to the other config but there is somethings different, feel more fluid . I have to test it more time but it will probably a feel good new way :)
thx to share
ps: i’m on xbox
« Last Edit: 02:08 AM - 10/11/19 by belpoutre »

Offline goaty

• View Profile
Had my best game ever with these settings! Will test some more today

Offline YogurtcuBayram

• View Profile
which mouse do you use? it was too slow for me. I had to raise it to 38.
Ps4 Pro
Logitech G502
Corsair K68
Steelseries qck+

Offline belpoutre

• cool attitude
    • View Profile

in my case, a roccat leadr, 3200 dpi and it feel good

Offline d1sable

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: YouTube_d1sable

Yep tweak sense as required

Offline year0

• View Profile

Yep tweak sense as required

Is THAT what the sens. value relates to? The distance to do a 360?
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Offline Flac_oN

• View Profile
Hi m8

Thks for this update! I tried this config.. and i have a question for u =)
Why dont u lower the deadzone on adv config.. any cons? Cuz i did it.. and i felt it more fluid.. (1 click to the right)

Offline d1sable

• MVP
    • View Profile
Hi m8

Thks for this update! I tried this config.. and i have a question for u =)
Why dont u lower the deadzone on adv config.. any cons? Cuz i did it.. and i felt it more fluid.. (1 click to the right)

Thats why i posted this having only played a few hours  for you guys to test and tweak.

I personally never touch the deadzone as the ST was trained on default. All you do by lowering deadzone is add an unspecified amount of boost.

Imo leaving deadzone and adding a measurable number of boost is a better method for the same results.

However as always what we "should" do is irrelevant and what works for you/others is all that matters.

Offline o PEEKABOO o

• View Profile
played around with these setting a good amount in game and in training and there a few things I found.

1) the dead zone posted may be too high.

- Keeping the settings constant, I tested movement/dead-zone sensitivities between your other config and this one. I found that your old non advanced settings are more dead-zone responsive when its set to small; where as these advanced settings felt as if the dead-zone was higher than the default "small" we are all used too. I tested the dead-zone set to "high" and found it was the same feeling as the advanced settings "default line." lowering the dead-zone in the advanced settings to the left 2 times resulted in identical dead-zone feel as "small" does in the non advanced settings.

Essentially setting the dead-zone 4 clicks to the right feels like "small" and 6 clicks (to the line) feels like "large"

2) Is it just me or does turning on advanced settings essentially just add mouse acceleration?

- Doing some basic cm/360 tests I found moving my mouse slowly resulted in me running out of mouse pad space before completing the 360, while moving it faster resulted in my completing the 360 with a little room to spare.

Thought on this is greatly appreciated. I don't think I have anything wrong in my settings that may be causing these issues. I am on Xbox if this helps.

overall these settings felt clunky and no where near as accurate and responsive as your other settings D1sable. I use my arm+wrist for turning and wrist+finger adjustments for ADS tweaking and couldn't get the settings to feel smooth.

Offline d1sable

• MVP
    • View Profile
played around with these setting a good amount in game and in training and there a few things I found.

- Keeping the settings constant, I tested movement/dead-zone sensitivities between your other config and this one. I found that your old non advanced settings are more dead-zone responsive when its set to small; where as these advanced settings felt as if the dead-zone was higher than the default "small" we are all used too. I tested the dead-zone set to "high" and found it was the same feeling as the advanced settings "default line." lowering the dead-zone in the advanced settings to the left 2 times resulted in identical dead-zone feel as "small" does in the non advanced settings.

Essentially setting the dead-zone 4 clicks to the right feels like "small" and 6 clicks (to the line) feels like "large"

2) Is it just me or does turning on advanced settings essentially just add mouse acceleration?

- Doing some basic cm/360 tests I found moving my mouse slowly resulted in me running out of mouse pad space before completing the 360, while moving it faster resulted in my completing the 360 with a little room to spare.

Thought on this is greatly appreciated. I don't think I have anything wrong in my settings that may be causing these issues. I am on Xbox if this helps.

overall these settings felt clunky and no where near as accurate and responsive as your other settings D1sable. I use my arm+wrist for turning and wrist+finger adjustments for ADS tweaking and couldn't get the settings to feel smooth.

Yeah as soon as u adjust the sliders ur messing with the translation which is made to counter the normal acceleration. So yes it will have some acceleration or deceleration like any config that moves away from default..

Yeah my only really thought process to this config was to combine alan McGregor theory on aa posted in discussion and combine with mine and oldmans to see if it was a positive result. I left the video private for those reasons and can only be viewed by people with this link as i wasn't sure if they were ready to use.

I must say at this point that i seem less receptive to setting changes and feel like u could give me any of this forum and i feel i would play around the same level.

Anyway by all means take the concept guys and tweak and change it, see if we have something here. If not ill happily take the L and chalk it up to me getting lucky for a few hours.

Offline o PEEKABOO o

• View Profile

Yeah as soon as u adjust the sliders ur messing with the translation which is made to counter the normal acceleration. So yes it will have some acceleration or deceleration like any config that moves away from default..

Yeah my only really thought process to this config was to combine alan McGregor theory on aa posted in discussion and combine with mine and oldmans to see if it was a positive result. I left the video private for those reasons and can only be viewed by people with this link as i wasn't sure if they were ready to use.

I must say at this point that i seem less receptive to setting changes and feel like u could give me any of this forum and i feel i would play around the same level.

Anyway by all means take the concept guys and tweak and change it, see if we have something here. If not ill happily take the L and chalk it up to me getting lucky for a few hours.
Don't get me wrong I have always loved your settings and have used them ever since getting a Xim. Just couldn't get these ones to feel right and cant justify using this over your other one (gives me consistent results). I suppose i have become a believer of "if its not broke don't fix it," and am slowly coming to the realization that I wont become a better player if I constantly change configs every other month.
 I too have been trying to create my own custom config combining yours and oldmanclutch to create the"ultimate config" but it seems to be harder than presumed.
don't let this sway you away from creating something new though. You definitely have the skills and knowledge to create great configurations.

Offline Xenaph1

• View Profile
The deadzone is definite not the same, I used T2 and I need to adjust my data for the new deadzone.

Offline tankttv

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: tank_ttv-
Yeah I tried these for a good session , had some success but still felt like something was off. Losing fights I shouldn’t . I don’t have much experience with advanced settings so couldn’t really tweak to figure it out. If someone does I’ll keep my eye out for any changes y’all make

Offline Maria

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Maria
My hip firing is scarily good with these settings. But the ads is kinda awkward. However because the hip firing is so good my kd and win rate did increase last night.

If I could use advance hip and normal ads I would be a god.

Offline d1sable

• MVP
    • View Profile
My hip firing is scarily good with these settings. But the ads is kinda awkward. However because the hip firing is so good my kd and win rate did increase last night.

If I could use advance hip and normal ads I would be a god.

Well perhaps add an ads page with whatever setup u want on it and see if that works well?