XIM Community

Windows 10/Unplugging  (Read 143 times)

Offline Cockosaurex

• View Profile
Windows 10/Unplugging
« on: 02:47 AM - 10/19/19 »
So I use my xim apex on my pc now as Fortnite is just skill based match making and I canít get the hang of clicking the mouse to place a build. Itís nice as I get the frames/ping of my pc with controller like keybinds.  Anyways the point is I have a USB 3.0 switch/hub(not powered externally) that switches the keyboard and mouse between the pc and the xim apex(connected to the pc too). Anyways my problem is after switching back to use the keyboard and mouse on pc after enough switches,  Both switches 1/2  the keyboard/mouse stop working(through the pc and through the xim). The controller stops working as well. If I plug the controller into another cord it powers but doesnít get recognized. The only way I can get all the devices working again is by restarting my pc. Only takes about 20 seconds but itís still a pain. Does anyone have any solutions or do I need to switch to windows 7?

Offline Cockosaurex

• View Profile
Re: Windows 10/Unplugging
« Reply #1 on: 02:49 AM - 10/19/19 »
I posted this on xim 4 and not xim apex. Can this be moved please ?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: Windows 10/Unplugging
« Reply #2 on: 03:55 AM - 10/20/19 »
This is a problem with the Windows 10 USB host. It crashes after swapping m/kb via a USB switch, regardless of what it is swapping to or from. The only working solution is to reboot the PC.

This is not an issue on macOS, Windows 7, 8 or 8.1, it's just Win 10 and it's unrelated to the XIM. You can swap between two Win 10 machines and the same thing will happen.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts