XIM Community

Requests for Fortnite ST to achieve maximum potential with the XIM  (Read 1350 times)

Offline Pourus

• View Profile
Hello everyone,

I'd like to address some drastic improvements that could be made to the Fortnite ST.
I'll start off by listing some things that are hard to pull off with the current ST.

• Turtling (flicking mouse all around to cover yourself with builds)
  • Advanced building techniques and retakes (ones where you need to flick your mouse)
  • Editing (flicking mouse to make big edits)

As you can see, all of those moves have to do with flicking your mouse, and if you try to flick your mouse to do these moves like you can on native KBM, you would reach the turning cap.

The main way to fix this is to max out every sensitivity in the settings.

Currently, for the ST to be optimal, your settings need to be:

1.00 X
1.00 Y
1.00 ADS
1.00 Building sensitivity
1.00 Editing sensitivity

After an update Fortnite made to the game many months ago, the building and editing sensitivity can be raised much higher than 1.00, so training the editing and building sensitivities at the maximum value would allow for a more natural experience and solve these problems.

This is my main request, however I have some more requests to maximize the potential with the XIM.

Using linear ramp instead of exponential ramp

In the current ST which was trained on exponential ramp, there is significant temporal acceleration (as stated in the game settings thread), the linear ramp has no acceleration, so theoretically training on linear ramp would lessen or remove the acceleration.

Using the lowest deadzone value
I did some tests using both the Xbox ST and PS4 ST on Fortnite PC, I tried using the Xbox ST for a week, then switched back to the PS4 ST and instantly found that my aim was a lot better on the PS4 ST, despite using the exact same XIM settings, the only difference between the Xbox ST and the PS4 ST are the deadzone values, on the Xbox ST the deadzone must be 0.20 to be optimal, whereas the PS4 ST requires 0.12 ST. This goes to show that deadzone does make a difference in the Fortnite ST, feel free to test it yourself.

I believe that if all of these changes are made to the Fortnite ST, it would make it significantly closer to the feel of native KBM.

Please let me know your thoughts :)

Offline 9Lives

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Epsilon9LIVES
  • PSN ID: x9Livesl
I second the bottom 2 suggestions.
Thing is the edit/building sensitivity would still be working from your hip senstivity therefore hip would still be twice as slow.

Offline Pourus

• View Profile
I second the bottom 2 suggestions.
Thing is the edit/building sensitivity would still be working from your hip senstivity therefore hip would still be twice as slow.

Thatís why they would train each as a different aim mechanic, much like ADS, where there is a seperate profile for it, all they need to do is add 2 profiles, one for building and the other for editing, which activate once the assigned key to build/edit is pressed.

Offline 9Lives

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Epsilon9LIVES
  • PSN ID: x9Livesl
Yeh could do. I have a different confirm button and somtimes comes out of my build using my axe etc. 

Offline meowsicles89

• View Profile
Spot on, I hit the turn limiter just about every time I flick. I tried screwing with advanced settings but using the current ST, itís insane how much easier building and editing  is on linear but the aim is terrible.