XIM Community

AlanMcGregor Method for Improved Aim Assist with XIM *Video Demo*  (Read 13543 times)

Offline BestRyzeEu

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: BestRyzeeuu
Gotta give it a shot on mw.
Thanks!

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
never had so much fun and kills in battlefront 2 before! Thanks for this

Anytime!,  ;)

Gotta give it a shot on mw.
Thanks!

Hehehe, I don't think I'm brilliant just a stubborn and obsessive  ;D

Offline pnellesen

• View Profile
Big thanks for this method - was having HUGE problems on Battlefront 2 with my Xim 4, but the trick of doubling my ADS speed (on Hip Translation) and halving the in-game zoom sensitivity has worked wonders.

Offline Frash brang

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Frash brang
Hi alan, will this work on destiny 2? It doesn't have separate ads and hip in game sensitivities though.

Offline Xenaph1

• View Profile
Alan, if we dessable the aim assist in game, does it change or always hit to the same issue ?

Offline Qcak

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Lavaine90
is there a difference in use hip trans in ads page and disable ads page by double tap activation key in ads page (shows "None") ?
« Last Edit: 03:37 PM - 01/25/20 by Qcak »

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
Hi alan, will this work on destiny 2? It doesn't have separate ads and hip in game sensitivities though.
That means there isn't a ADS translator trained for Zoom mode, you can create your own and make use your right mouse click as a toggle or hold behavior, assign a different hip sensitivity if needed.

Alan, if we dessable the aim assist in game, does it change or always hit to the same issue ?
If you disable the aim assist in-game you shouldn't have any slowdown or jack stutter, however I find out that if in-game you set zoom sensitivity to Max (100%) the janky and stutter presents randomly even with Aim Assist disable; its an old bug in the game also affects sticks, similar with Star-fighters where AA can't be disabled.

I would like to make the parenthesis here, or small petition to mist4fun.

It will be great if we can get and updated ST, where the ADS Translator is trained at in-game 50% instead of 100% to avoid this janky/stutter behavior bug and still have good 1:1 tracking. Please can you look in to this, so we can have your expert take on workaround this issue.

is there a difference in use hip trans in ads page and disable ads page by double tap activation key in ads page (shows "None") ?
Well when you have it set to NONE this means that you are using only the HIP translator for both Hip and ADS, having the HIP Translator on the ADS subconfig, should be the same if the aim value/settings are the same, the only advantage of having the ADS subconfig with Hip translator, is to set a different value or config.

Offline Stalker

• View Profile
will test it on fortnite tonight :-)
i love testing

Offline umtapinha

• View Profile
I didn't quite understand.  I will test at the BFV.  La has the sensitivity of the soldier and the sensitivity of the zoom of the crosshair.  should I halve the zoom sensitivity?

Offline ZOMBIES!

• View Profile
Thought I'd bump this after trying it, maybe other people will find it useful.

I've been trying a config with this on BO4 for the last week and I love it. HIP translator on ADS and 0.5x ADS (since the recommended is 1x, going about 1x makes no changes for XIM). Some may not like it as the turn speed cap is low on 0.5x sensitivity and you can't quite get those wide aimbot-like flicks from enemy to enemy like you see great XIM players do in montages, but you can still snap from enemy to enemy when they're fairly close together (like 45 degrees maybe) at a fast but controlled speed.

I really like it either way though, it just feels consistent. It's like the benefits of high sens in having lots of work room in the AA bubble and micromovements, while not being able to turn very fast in ADS giving you the control of low sens. It feels kinda weird if you just ADS and look around without aiming at people, but when you take aim assist slowdown into account it feels really good, very controlled and yet I've had no problems with getting screwed up by the aim assist bubble.
« Last Edit: 07:31 AM - 07/03/20 by ZOMBIES! »

Offline I-xHydrAx-I

• View Profile
Currently using your BFV config. Would you recommend trying this in that game?

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
Currently using your BFV config. Would you recommend trying this in that game?
This workaround is for games that has very strong, stubborn, repelling or intrusive Aim Assist bubble. Battlefield V is not  the case you can even lower AA strength at the in-game settings.

For consistency on BFV I suggest to try the USA enabled ST guide that I posted on another thread.

Notice, once again this setting was meant to remove Aim Assist not for an Aim Bot, for example on many of my shoots you can see I'm shooting at a clump of enemies switching between targets, a strong Aim Assist never let me do that, I will get stuck to whatever the game aim assist bubble choose. All that snapping is my memory muscle, that's why we keep telling you don't rely on aim assist, the true power of XIM going as less AA and better 1:1
« Last Edit: 02:47 PM - 10/04/20 by alanmcgregor »

Offline Hurricane

• View Profile
Thought I'd bump this after trying it, maybe other people will find it useful.

I've been trying a config with this on BO4 for the last week and I love it. HIP translator on ADS and 0.5x ADS (since the recommended is 1x, going about 1x makes no changes for XIM). Some may not like it as the turn speed cap is low on 0.5x sensitivity and you can't quite get those wide aimbot-like flicks from enemy to enemy like you see great XIM players do in montages, but you can still snap from enemy to enemy when they're fairly close together (like 45 degrees maybe) at a fast but controlled speed.

I really like it either way though, it just feels consistent. It's like the benefits of high sens in having lots of work room in the AA bubble and micromovements, while not being able to turn very fast in ADS giving you the control of low sens. It feels kinda weird if you just ADS and look around without aiming at people, but when you take aim assist slowdown into account it feels really good, very controlled and yet I've had no problems with getting screwed up by the aim assist bubble.

On your setup,  when you say .5 ads, are you referring to the ingame settings?
« Last Edit: 09:33 AM - 10/29/20 by Hurricane »

Offline ZOMBIES!

• View Profile
On your setup,  when you say .5 ads, are you referring to the ingame settings?

Yeah, you change the in-game sensitivity to 0.5x (1x is default).

Offline Hurricane

• View Profile
I play warzone and with most if not all configs I use an activation delay with the ads page.  Is this still necessary with this method?

Admin