XIM Community

Apex legends season 3  (Read 1489 times)

Offline Lucifalic

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Lucifalic
Apex legends season 3
« on: 06:40 AM - 10/03/19 »
I havenít got a chance to play it yet but will be playing tonight. Does anybody feel the new season brought any changes to their Xim set up? Iím hoping there wasnít really anything changed like there was when season two was launched.

Offline Turtle16

• View Profile
Re: Apex legends season 3
« Reply #1 on: 10:22 AM - 10/03/19 »
I haven't noticed anything so I don't think so.

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11:14 AM - 10/03/19 »
The new meta made me decide to add a little adjustment to my config but nothing major. I like season 3. I've played for two days and my kdr has increased dramatically due to the map changes. It's much larger so I'm not getting third partied as much as I was in season 2. You actually get to finish a fight and loot now if there aren't too many squads in your area. Now this is likely because everyone is still learning maps as well. But, now that disruptor rounds are gone it's back to being skill based. So you don't die as quick as you did before. So kids are getting washed if they can't shoot.  You will enjoy this season a lot. The new character us amazing too.

Devs wanted to encourage more long range battles. So the slight adjustment that I made was to increase my accuracy long range. I still tend to strategically force my opponents to fight me close range though. I'm cheeks at long range gun fights. I don't have the patients and hate wasting rounds. I feel it also allows a team other than the one you're in battle with to flank you. So I let my m8s fight long range and distract them so I can sneak in.
The Xim is not a magical tool that is going to make you a god. Time, effort and perseverance is what will take your gaming to the next level.

[Ps4] [Sony Nav] [T9 Gamepad] [Logitech G502 Proteus] [Dpi's: 12,000, 3200, 4000, 2400] [Syncs: Off and Common]

Offline PixelSquish

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: TahiniMeanie
« Reply #3 on: 05:48 PM - 10/03/19 »
Feels the same to me. Definitely the looting and fight styles feel different, but the xim interaction feels the same.

Offline Lucifalic

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09:57 PM - 10/03/19 »
Feels super good. Man my new settings are so great. Canít believe I fíd them so bad before. .67 kd all time (played with controller and am usually fíd up on game night but season 3 so far with 9 matches I have a 3.4. Good times on the double tap scout. Charge rifle!!! Got a gold one woot woot.

Love the new map. Very good update imo

Offline Lukino

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: ManHasNoName85
« Reply #5 on: 02:22 AM - 10/04/19 »
Feels super good. Man my new settings are so great. Canít believe I fíd them so bad before. .67 kd all time (played with controller and am usually fíd up on game night but season 3 so far with 9 matches I have a 3.4. Good times on the double tap scout. Charge rifle!!! Got a gold one woot woot.

Love the new map. Very good update imo

Would you mind sharing your settings please?

Offline Lucifalic

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06:46 AM - 10/04/19 »
Sure though not exactly sure what my sensitivities  are off the top of my head. I will update what they are when I get a chance. I came with my arm though and then generally A lower sens player

G502 hero.  I use a 2007 iMac keyboard. For whatever reason it works great.

FOV 82.  Please keep in mind a game on a 24 inch Samsung that does not run at 1080p. It is my old PC monitor and I just donít have expendable cash to upgrade at the moment. Use whatever field of view works for you but I find it way better for snapping and micro movements to have it lower. It could very well be because of my old eyes as well.

250 hz on xim and mouse
4000dpi
Sinc off
RML curve 6 On hip and ads
 No smoothing no boost no XY ratio difference
SAB 0 on both hip and ads

Regardless youíll want to adjust your sensitivity to whatever you like. Itís basically RML settings with 4000 dpi and 250 Hz polling, no smoothing needed and 0 sab rather then off ( although to be perfectly fair I donít feel too much of a difference between the two). If you use RML to begin with believe it or not your sensitivity is almost going to be the same once you reduce it to 250 Hz and 4000 dpi. There is very little aim assist in this set up.
« Last Edit: 07:03 AM - 10/04/19 by Lucifalic »

Offline Lukino

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: ManHasNoName85
« Reply #7 on: 06:59 AM - 10/04/19 »
Sure though not exactly sure what my sensitivities  are off the top of my head. I will update what they are when I get a chance. I came with my arm though and then generally A lower sens player

FOV 82.  Please keep in mind a game on a 24 inch Samsung that does not run at 1080p. It is my old PC monitor and I just donít have expendable cash to upgrade at the moment. Use whatever field of view works for you but I find it way better for snapping and micro movements to have it lower. It could very well be because of my old eyes as well.

250 hz on xim and mouse
4000dpi
Sinc off

Regardless youíll want to adjust your sensitivity to whatever you like. Itís basically RML settings with 4000 dpi and 250 Hz polling. If you use RML to begin with believe it or not your sensitivity is almost going to be the same once you reduce it to 250 Hz and 4000 dpi. There is very little aim assist in this set up.

Awesome. Thanks

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05:48 PM - 10/04/19 »

250 hz on xim and mouse
4000dpi
Sinc off

Regardless youíll want to adjust your sensitivity to whatever you like. Itís basically RML settings with 4000 dpi and 250 Hz polling, no smoothing needed and 0 sab rather then off ( although to be perfectly fair I donít feel too much of a difference between the two). If you use RML to begin with believe it or not your sensitivity is almost going to be the same once you reduce it to 250 Hz and 4000 dpi. There is very little aim assist in this set up.
Nice! Sadly, I've been getting the crap beat out of me. Yesterday I couldn't win a single match after starting the season off really strong with a 2.99. I literally drop all the way to a 2.4. I want to blame the matchmaking so so bad. I also would like to blame my Xim settings. But the reality of the situation is that I was very impatient, over-confident and faced incredible competition. I'm going to have to reorganize my thought process and come up with new tactics. The reality of my situation is that it's not my teammates (well maybe a little) or xim settings. I was just bad man😔
The Xim is not a magical tool that is going to make you a god. Time, effort and perseverance is what will take your gaming to the next level.

[Ps4] [Sony Nav] [T9 Gamepad] [Logitech G502 Proteus] [Dpi's: 12,000, 3200, 4000, 2400] [Syncs: Off and Common]

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05:53 PM - 10/04/19 »
There's just no way to have a perfect game every game on Apex Legends. Or at least not yet until I figure out the high tier loot areas. I'm still loving the new season though. Especially the battlepass. I'm excited to get the new lifeline skin as she's my main. I've been trying to find a new main. But majority of my wins come from lifeline. She's so essential. I don't see why no one plays her in unranked season 3. I've clutched so many games with the healing drone.

Offline Lucifalic

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 05:58 PM - 10/04/19 »
Love lifeline though I have changed my main to pathfinder. Heís so mobile and able to get high ground and escape.

Also liking Gibraltar. Dude is op. Best 1v1 legend. Crypto is great to have too though Iím not good with him yet... at all. Lol. Had a good crew though and having a good crypto in my group was great. Advance the drone, move up, advance drone, move up.

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 10:05 PM - 10/04/19 »
Love lifeline though I have changed my main to pathfinder. Heís so mobile and able to get high ground and escape.

Also liking Gibraltar. Dude is op. Best 1v1 legend. Crypto is great to have too though Iím not good with him yet... at all. Lol. Had a good crew though and having a good crypto in my group was great. Advance the drone, move up, advance drone, move up.
Crypto is a good character. I like him a lot! He's especially good when you need to see your target through smoke. I have to ask though. Does it feel to you that he's a little to easy to hit?

Offline year0

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 11:17 PM - 10/04/19 »
Bangalore blocks his drone pretty effectively... heís also awesome to open doors with and screw with enemies in a standoff situation.

Pathfinders grapple speed got nerfed too:(
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Offline year0

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 11:22 PM - 10/04/19 »
Also I swear they changed the sound model. Itís worse, either canít hear people till theyíre on you, or can hear them but their direction is everywhere.. If I wanted that Iíd play pubg
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 11:39 PM - 10/04/19 »
Also I swear they changed the sound model. Itís worse, either canít hear people till theyíre on you, or can hear them but their direction is everywhere.. If I wanted that Iíd play pubg
I've noticed that I'm not able to pinpoint footsteps that well as well in this season. I'm not liking that too much but there was no mention of mobility nerf was there? Also, I tagged an enemy through Banagalore smoke for my m8 the other day. I had to fly in closer but its possible.

Admin