XIM Community

Borderlands 3 might need a retrain after Update  (Read 686 times)

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Borderlands 3 might need a retrain after Update
« on: 12:34 PM - 09/29/19 »
Since the latest update of the game the aiming feels really off. Theres a lot of acceleration going on and the maximum turnspeed now seems to be even slower now. Anyone else noticed a change? Try to draw fast circles with your mouse to test that.
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Borderlands 3 might need a retrain after Update
« Reply #1 on: 12:52 PM - 09/29/19 »
Wait, we just added support for it and you are saying they just changed it again?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline TSARGA

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: SkubaniecTSARGA
« Reply #2 on: 04:09 PM - 09/29/19 »
Rotational speeds haven't changed since release.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04:35 AM - 09/30/19 »
thanks tsarga, ill look into it again but yesterday it felt really really wrong.
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05:34 PM - 10/04/19 »
tried it again today and there is something definitely wrong. circular movements are heavily boosted and certain game aspects arent even playable with the mouse anymore. anyone else noticed the difference after the latest update?
it played much better before that update, now the mouse movements feel less responsive and there seems to be quite some acceleration too.

Offline DeXter

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06:56 AM - 10/05/19 »
Fühlt sich wirklich anders an, die Beschleunigung war vor
Dem Patch noch nicht so krass
xbox-one-x // xim apex // G502 // Azeron compact

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04:36 PM - 10/05/19 »
tried it again today and there is something definitely wrong. circular movements are heavily boosted and certain game aspects arent even playable with the mouse anymore. anyone else noticed the difference after the latest update?
it played much better before that update, now the mouse movements feel less responsive and there seems to be quite some acceleration too.

I noticed that small movements seemed rough compared to pre-patch as well. All the deadzone settings are on default. Maybe messing with them might improve the situation but I'm mostly playing this with a gamepad and haven't tried experimenting.
"MW ST1 users are an inferior species and an evolutionary abomination" - On the Origin of Species, Charles Darwin

Offline Mongoose87

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 06:37 PM - 10/05/19 »
The default field of view got changed from 90 to 75. No idea if this could affect anything or not. Just a thought though.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05:02 PM - 12/03/19 »
This finally reached the top of the queue, I've only received the PS4 version but the look mechanic hasn't changed on this platform.

The default field of view got changed from 90 to 75. No idea if this could affect anything or not. Just a thought though.

This might be exactly why it feels off for some. Setting FoV to 90 matches the FoV used during training. Changing FoV does not affect the look mechanic in the case of BL3 and past results.

I'm hoping to receive the X1 version soon. I expect the same results there but I'll update this thread if not.
« Last Edit: 05:09 PM - 12/03/19 by mist4fun »
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12:48 PM - 12/04/19 »
Thanks for the update mist! :)