XIM Community

XIM 4 + Wireless headset + Microphone  (Read 122 times)

Offline Dhrny31

• View Profile
XIM 4 + Wireless headset + Microphone
« on: 04:33 PM - 09/28/19 »
So I bought a microphone for better voice quality for my setup but it doesn't work. I'm wondering if im missing something or how I use an alternative way to work around.

When I plugin the headset (bluetooth with USB) and the microhpone (USB cable device)  it works fine, I can choose as input the microphone and output headset. When I try this combo with the XIM4, it doesn't work. It says that two audio devices already connected..

I can only use 2 of the 3 (xim4, headset or mic). Will it help if I upgrade to the XIM APEX?
« Last Edit: 07:07 PM - 09/28/19 by Dhrny31 »

Offline Dhrny31

• View Profile
Re: XIM 4 + Wireless headset + Microfone
« Reply #1 on: 05:06 PM - 09/28/19 »
I use the PS pro controller if that matters anything.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: XIM 4 + Wireless headset + Microphone
« Reply #2 on: 10:38 PM - 09/28/19 »
hey,

thats a limitation of the playstation, it only supports a certain amount of audio devices at a time (i think its 2 input devices). with you use one of the new controller models that require you to set the communication method to wired/usb then this already counts as one audio source when used with the xim4 (although you cannot use the audio port, you can only do that with a xim apex).

you could try to use an old controller model with your xim, play around with the console audio settings to pick the correct audio source, or use headphones instead of a headset so you have less audio input devices connected to the console.
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline Dhrny31

• View Profile
Re: XIM 4 + Wireless headset + Microphone
« Reply #3 on: 02:42 PM - 09/29/19 »
you could try to use an old controller model with your xim, play around with the console audio settings to pick the correct audio source, or use headphones instead of a headset so you have less audio input devices connected to the console.

I unfortunately don't own an old controller. But for the second part, isn't that the part when the XIM4 limitations kick in? I can't connect an earbud to a controller since the XIM4 doenst support this.