XIM Community

Fortnite - What should be considered for the next ST (Discussion)  (Read 11831 times)

Offline nutnsbolts

• View Profile
I'll be a layman here. Already I'm confused with the XIM settings in itself and here we now have to contend with the in-game complex settings and try to make it work with what XIM has to offer so for me I'm up for taking what is spoon fed to me here on these forums.

Realistically I tried playing around with it but honestly I don't really understand.  Does it feel better or worse? I think so...but I am really not tuned to really see if it works or not. Obviously if it is crappy and i cant move around that's obvious but at the end of the day I need to really have this spoonfed and just tell me what is the best setting and tweak from there.

Sigh. Sorry :)

Offline DJSeph

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: DJSeph355
How do I choose legacy settings? I'm unable to change controller sensitivity X,Y or any of the other sensitivity settings since the update. They are greyed out and unable to be changed.

Under Use Legacy Controls - Turn this on.

Offline ilkre4

• View Profile
I just clicked copy legacy settings at the bottom of advanced controls.

Feels a little different but works okay on my config for now until a new ST is released.

Kind of liking this new aim assist

Offline ripla11111

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: AnimateCactus8
I donít know for me everything feels smooth and crispy, using advanced settings I removed all available boosts and new aim assist make you cheat in the game , did 25 bombs in solo versus squads :D

Offline sandak

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: msutome
I donít know for me everything feels smooth and crispy, using advanced settings I removed all available boosts and new aim assist make you cheat in the game , did 25 bombs in solo versus squads :D

Advanced setting with legacy settings?

Offline Solokillr

• View Profile
I'll be a layman here. Already I'm confused with the XIM settings in itself and here we now have to contend with the in-game complex settings and try to make it work with what XIM has to offer so for me I'm up for taking what is spoon fed to me here on these forums.

Realistically I tried playing around with it but honestly I don't really understand.  Does it feel better or worse? I think so...but I am really not tuned to really see if it works or not. Obviously if it is crappy and i cant move around that's obvious but at the end of the day I need to really have this spoonfed and just tell me what is the best setting and tweak from there.

Sigh. Sorry :)

Don't be offended by my post I am a nobody. It just cracks me up that every week when epic changes things up every swarms the forum looking for immediate answers to the new look mechanic. I normally take the approach to try and make a few tweaks to see how can make it playable to my style. I found that using the legacy settings made game feel as good as it did before the update. Not great but was aware of that due to the disclosure for this game when I bought my Xim. I would play controller if I could but enjoy experience play with KBM.

Offline ripla11111

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: AnimateCactus8

Advanced setting with legacy settings?

Just advanced , just play with settings and go in team rumble for a test ;)

Offline Solokillr

• View Profile
Legacy feels great.

Offline Naj

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: najmul_2k10
Been testing out the advanced settings I really like it for building and editing itís spot on but AA is too strong to aim freely with out getting stuck in AA.
Also when can we expect this update for the new ST and are we going to have one  st for linear and one for the other ?

Offline Tobybunz

• View Profile
How do I choose legacy settings? I'm unable to change controller sensitivity X,Y or any of the other sensitivity settings since the update. They are greyed out and unable to be changed.

Under Use Legacy Controls - Turn this on.

Yah i use this too, much better than using the new advanced options. Hoping when the ST is updated, it takes into account those that use Legacy Controls, and those that copied legacy controls to the advanced or just use advanced.  Hopefully there will be a toggle we can switch or something

Offline ilkre4

• View Profile
Ok I change my mind itís been feeling pretty horrible.

Fortnite itself has become 400000 times more laggy and almost unplayable for me on Xbox.

I used to get 5-30 ping every game in the early days but ever since they did an update to ďplace players more accurately in better serversĒ I get like 30-60 ping every game. So much for that idea. I always wondered if it would get fixed or better but it never has. I havenít had a ping below 20 since probably around season 3/4.

Offline idkwtf

• MVP
    • View Profile
Mist if you happen to see this be aware that there's currentIy a bug where some of your advanced settings don't save after exiting fortnite. So if you train with specific settings make sure you check them again if you need to reIaunch the game.

Offline YogurtcuBayram

• View Profile
can you give an ETA?
Ps4 Pro
Logitech G502
Corsair K68
Steelseries qck+

Offline Muramasa

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Excalibur-EX
Mist
Epic may be change look mechanism again,so you dont need to deal with new st until season 11.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Mist if you happen to see this be aware that there's currentIy a bug where some of your advanced settings don't save after exiting fortnite. So if you train with specific settings make sure you check them again if you need to reIaunch the game.

Thank you. :)

Mist
Epic may be change look mechanism again,so you dont need to deal with new st until season 11.

Thanks! Is this referenced somewhere that I could lookup?
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Admin