XIM Community

how do you guys game on a monitor?  (Read 903 times)

Offline slickrick

• MVP
    • View Profile
how do you guys game on a monitor?
« on: 05:11 AM - 09/24/19 »
I've got a 55" QF8 hooked up to my x,   its got a 20ms input lag so I bought a BenQ gaming monitor [ RL series 27"]  to get  around 1ms,  the problems I cant see sh!% on it. lol another thing ,  when I have my tv hooked up the video settings on Xbox has the allow  auto low latency mode checked and with the monitor its blacked out which I think is the monitors fault its self. thoughts?

Offline Silk

• View Profile
Re: how do you guys game on a monitor?
« Reply #1 on: 10:00 AM - 09/24/19 »
How far away from the monitor are you? I made the switch from TV to monitor when I bought my XIM3 and I believe itís way better. I did have to go from couch gaming to sitting at my desk but the performance is night and day difference.

Offline slickrick

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01:30 PM - 09/24/19 »
How far away from the monitor are you? I made the switch from TV to monitor when I bought my XIM3 and I believe itís way better. I did have to go from couch gaming to sitting at my desk but the performance is night and day difference.
2 to 3' I guess, I never tried it in the beta [cod] ,  on bf5 even lowering the fov I just cant see that good.

Offline Enrix

• Per Audacia ad Astra
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: iLiKeEnRiX
« Reply #3 on: 06:51 AM - 09/25/19 »
What do you mean "can't see sh!t"?
What is the problem?
PS4 Pro with SSD | Razer Ornata Chroma | Logitech G403 | Steelseries Siberia 800 | BenQ XL2420T

XIM APEX and mouse settings guide:
https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=66901.0

Is the XIM cheating?
https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=72737.0

Offline Lucifalic

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Lucifalic
« Reply #4 on: 06:56 AM - 09/25/19 »
I said the desk and relatively close to the monitor. If there is a field of view change I donít play at high numbers. The other big thing you may want to do is go see your eye doctor. Donít know about you but Iím old my eyes arenít as good as it used to be. Ha ha ha

Offline slickrick

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11:59 AM - 09/25/19 »
What do you mean "can't see sh!t"?
What is the problem?
what I mean is I play on a 55" gaming tv,  I mostly play bf5 untill the new cod drops.  on my tv I can see people head glitching across the map, on my monitor I cant see anyone unless there right up on me.

Offline slickrick

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12:02 PM - 09/25/19 »
I said the desk and relatively close to the monitor. If there is a field of view change I don’t play at high numbers. The other big thing you may want to do is go see your eye doctor. Don’t know about you but I’m old my eyes aren’t as good as it used to be. Ha ha ha
yeah I'm far sided lol meaning cant see good up close,  but I have a $2 pair on walmart reading glasses. lol my sight was 20/20 until I started doing trend a couple years ago.

Offline ColtsFan

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01:22 PM - 09/25/19 »
I game on a 49" TV.  On game mode my TV has very good input lag so it works fine, just have to sit a little farther from the screen. 
PS4 Pro / XB 1 S / XIM Apex
PC: R5 3600 / Sapphire Pulse 5700XT / 16GB Geil EVO X 3200
Monitor: MSI Optix MAG321CQR
Inputs: Razer Orbweaver Chroma RGB, PS Nav / Logitech G303/G502

Offline Enrix

• Per Audacia ad Astra
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: iLiKeEnRiX
« Reply #8 on: 02:36 PM - 09/25/19 »
what I mean is I play on a 55" gaming tv,  I mostly play bf5 untill the new cod drops.  on my tv I can see people head glitching across the map, on my monitor I cant see anyone unless there right up on me.

I actually have the same problem on BF5... can't see anyone even if they are right in front of me proning.
It's not only me, even my friend can't see sh!t lol... I think it's a BF5 thing.
Are you sure it was fine before?
Then maybe it could be a matter of colors or something...
PS4 Pro with SSD | Razer Ornata Chroma | Logitech G403 | Steelseries Siberia 800 | BenQ XL2420T

XIM APEX and mouse settings guide:
https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=66901.0

Is the XIM cheating?
https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=72737.0

Offline slickrick

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 04:07 PM - 09/25/19 »

I actually have the same problem on BF5... can't see anyone even if they are right in front of me proning.
It's not only me, even my friend can't see sh!t lol... I think it's a BF5 thing.
Are you sure it was fine before?
Then maybe it could be a matter of colors or something...
idk really, I've been playing bf5 for the past 6 months with a fov of 74 [only had monitor about 5 months] . it might not be as big as issue when the new cod drops because its no where near a 74, more like a 54. lol

Offline HansZimmer

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 05:00 PM - 09/25/19 »
This is one of the advantages of TVs you can identify targets at a distance easier than a monitor, I still prefer a monitor but it's only because I can't afford a huge gaming monitor like the 43" 4K one somebody else posted in this forum.

I would say depending on game big screen are better, some are not, watching a minimap on a big TV is much harder while still also looking at the enviroment, there's more eye movement.

Offline ColtsFan

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 06:17 AM - 09/26/19 »
Like others have stated enemies are hard to see in BF5 in general... Due to the nature of the game with the huge maps and tons of places to hide it's very easy to have someone proned out right in front of you or or hiding in a corner and completely miss them.  Good game but yeah it was always an issue for me in that  game.

Offline slickrick

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 05:38 PM - 09/26/19 »
Like others have stated enemies are hard to see in BF5 in general... Due to the nature of the game with the huge maps and tons of places to hide it's very easy to have someone proned out right in front of you or or hiding in a corner and completely miss them.  Good game but yeah it was always an issue for me in that  game.
you play any bf5 on xbox?

Offline ColtsFan

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 04:12 PM - 09/27/19 »
Yeah not too much lately though, Iíll jump in and play some squad conquest on occasion. 

Offline slickrick

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 05:22 PM - 09/27/19 »
Yeah not too much lately though, Iíll jump in and play some squad conquest on occasion.
add me on xbox and send a message when your on to play bf5, gamer tag is slickrick6922