XIM Community

Switching from PS4 to XBOX  (Read 438 times)

Offline ilgrandematteo

• View Profile
Switching from PS4 to XBOX
« on: 09:19 AM - 09/23/19 »
Hi all,

So I've been playing Apex Legends on PS4 with the Xim and got all my settings exactly how I like them, sensitivity etc. Yesterday I made the switch to Xbox which is my main platform for Apex Legends, but using the same config, it feels off?

Is this normal? All my in game settings are the exact same, I do have an elite controller plugged into my xim, but I've got it on the 'default' profile with no changes to curves etc., so wouldn't have thought a switch from a PS4 controller to an Elite controller would have any effect?

Been trying to tweak things but getting frustrating, as can't find a perfect match to my PS4 experience, just assumed nothing would need tweaking if in game settings were identical?

Offline ColtsFan

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Switching from PS4 to XBOX
« Reply #1 on: 03:43 PM - 09/23/19 »
This may be a dumb question, but you did set up a new Xbox profile right?  (not using the PS4 profile on Xbox)

For the COD beta I started on PS4 and switched to Xbox weekend 2 as I am going to play the game on Xbox primarily when it comes out.  Created a new Xbox profile and copied all settings over and it pretty much feels the same for me.  I don't play Apex Legends.
PC: R7 5800X / EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 / 16GB
Monitor: MSI Optix 32 Curved 1440p 144hz
Inputs: Razer Orbweaver / Logitech G Pro X Superlight
Headset: HyperX Cloud 2 Wireless

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #2 on: 05:58 PM - 09/23/19 »
XB1 has higher analog stick resolution, but polls at a lower rate than a DS4 and both of these affect look mechanics. That's why it'll feel off when using the same game profile cross-platform.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline ilgrandematteo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06:07 AM - 09/24/19 »
This may be a dumb question, but you did set up a new Xbox profile right?  (not using the PS4 profile on Xbox)

For the COD beta I started on PS4 and switched to Xbox weekend 2 as I am going to play the game on Xbox primarily when it comes out.  Created a new Xbox profile and copied all settings over and it pretty much feels the same for me.  I don't play Apex Legends.

That's essentially what I did, strange...

XB1 has higher analog stick resolution, but polls at a lower rate than a DS4 and both of these affect look mechanics. That's why it'll feel off when using the same game profile cross-platform.

Thanks for the response :) Would this just be a case of me needing to adjust sensitivity or would other settings on the Xim Manager also play a part?

Admin