XIM Community

Call of Duty Modern Warfare Open Beta [PS4] [XIM4]  (Read 1116 times)

Offline xyphonic

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Xyphonic
Just wanted to share whatís been working perfectly for me tonight. The game changer is to switch Aim Response Curve in game settings to Linear. Stick sensitivities set to 20. Everything else left to default settings.

Iím using an XIM4 on a PS4 Pro, CoD IW ST, no tweaks, no curve, no boost, etc.  Hip/ADS sensitivity set to 36.

Mouse is Glorious Model O- set to 1600 DPI, 125Hz, 2mm LOD, 4ms Debounce Time.

With these settings it feels as snappy and accurate as any CoD ever has on PS4/XIM for me. The default in-game Aim Assist set to Standard is the exact right amount of magnetic without preventing me from pulling up to the head or quickly changing targets. Iíve been putting up 20 and 30 pieces all night no problem. TTK is super short in this game and with how snappy this setup feels it seems like everyone else hasnít even hit ADS by the time Iím getting hit markers on them. Honestly it feels like a huge unfair advantage right now lol.
« Last Edit: 12:26 AM - 09/14/19 by xyphonic »
PS4 Pro + XIM 4 + Glorious Model O- (1600dpi, 125Hz) + PS Nav + Astro A50

Offline nodig

• View Profile
Re: Call of Duty Modern Warfare Open Beta [PS4] [XIM4]
« Reply #1 on: 07:02 PM - 09/14/19 »
The native Keyboard and mouse on Ps4 is soo much better than the xim

Offline xyphonic

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07:18 PM - 09/14/19 »

That's good to hear man.  Native support is what we've been wanting for over 10 years.  I can't give up my PS Nav+Mouse combo though.  It's just too perfect. 

I've heard that using native mouse will force you into crossplay starting with next weekend's beta.  Do you know if that's the case?  CoD PC gets ruined every generation by hacks so I'm definitely leaving crossplay turned off in this game. 

Offline nodig

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07:31 PM - 09/14/19 »

That's good to hear man.  Native support is what we've been wanting for over 10 years.  I can't give up my PS Nav+Mouse combo though.  It's just too perfect. 

I've heard that using native mouse will force you into crossplay starting with next weekend's beta.  Do you know if that's the case?  CoD PC gets ruined every generation by hacks so I'm definitely leaving crossplay turned off in this game.
You can disable cross play and play against PS4 only i believe, it wont force Keyboard and mouse on PS4 to play against PC that for sure, if im wrong ill hook the xim back up without AA lol, left PC because of the hackers.

Offline Ceejzor

• Born To Game
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09:04 PM - 09/14/19 »

You can disable cross play and play against PS4 only i believe, it wont force Keyboard and mouse on PS4 to play against PC that for sure, if im wrong ill hook the xim back up without AA lol, left PC because of the hackers.

Sadly you are wrong it's been covered by the developers, That mouse and keyboard plugged into PS4 will ALWAYS match up with PC, while if you plug a controller into the PC you will also be put against PC players.. why? Because they admitted in the interview that it wouldn't be fair to be playing on the PC and having the FOV/FPS advantage.

But I know there will be lots of mixed lobbies.. for example if a Xim user or a Controller user team up with a PC player you get put into the PC/Mixed lobby.

Offline Brutalimp

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11:55 PM - 09/14/19 »
Fake news, controller PC players will match up with console controller players.

Offline effinjamie

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: effinjamie
  • PSN ID: effinjamie
« Reply #6 on: 05:13 AM - 09/15/19 »
For those interested in trying native k&m. Thereís no support for G14 or other comparable devices.

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #7 on: 05:20 AM - 09/15/19 »
Couldn't get it to play with the Steelseries m800 either.

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro, Crucial MX500 1TB, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Gigabyte Aorus, Audio Technica AD700, SB X7, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Intel Core i5 [email protected], Corsair H100i, EVGA GTX780, 16gb G-Skill [email protected], XFX ProSeries 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 3xSamsung Evo 500 SSD, WD 1TB HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables. And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend![/s]

Offline nodig

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 06:54 AM - 09/15/19 »

Sadly you are wrong it's been covered by the developers, That mouse and keyboard plugged into PS4 will ALWAYS match up with PC, while if you plug a controller into the PC you will also be put against PC players.. why? Because they admitted in the interview that it wouldn't be fair to be playing on the PC and having the FOV/FPS advantage.

But I know there will be lots of mixed lobbies.. for example if a Xim user or a Controller user team up with a PC player you get put into the PC/Mixed lobby.
Is this the case if you disable CROSS PLAY? Would be a strange option to put in the settings if they are going to force you to play against PC regardless, makes no sense. At least we only have a week to find out

Offline jericho246

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12:21 PM - 09/15/19 »
Okay here's something I noticed.
When I plug my mouse and keyboard in, I get into mixed lobbies. Meaning there's people with controllers and others with mouse and kb.
And when I play with my controller or my XIM, it only puts me in controller lobbies. No one has the "mouse icon".

Offline xyphonic

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 01:05 PM - 09/15/19 »
When I plug my mouse and keyboard in, I get into mixed lobbies. Meaning there's people with controllers and others with mouse and kb.
And when I play with my controller or my XIM, it only puts me in controller lobbies. No one has the "mouse icon".

Right, that's because the PS4 sees the XIM as a controller.

Offline jericho246

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 01:23 PM - 09/15/19 »

Correct. That means the "input based matchmaking" kinda works. From my understanding, in the full game if you plug in your mouse and keyboard to your PS4 AND turn crossplay off then you'll be paired with PS4 players who use mouse and keyboard. No controllers. In the beta it puts you in mixed lobbies because the playerbase is way smaller. Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but that's how I think it's gonna work.

Offline xyphonic

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 07:45 PM - 09/15/19 »

Correct. That means the "input based matchmaking" kinda works. From my understanding, in the full game if you plug in your mouse and keyboard to your PS4 AND turn crossplay off then you'll be paired with PS4 players who use mouse and keyboard. No controllers. In the beta it puts you in mixed lobbies because the playerbase is way smaller. Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but that's how I think it's gonna work.

Let's hope it works that way.  It would be ideal.  Crossplay isn't even active this weekend but they've officially stated that it will be next weekend so we can get definitive proof about the kbm on PS4 stuff then. 

Offline ColtsFan

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 09:13 AM - 09/16/19 »

Nope... I used my XIM exclusively this weekend playing the beta, and while the vast majority of lobbies matched me up against controller players, there were mouse/kb players in some of the lobbies also, especially the 20 player matches.
Consoles: PS4 Pro / One X
Screens: LG 49UJ6200  / Pixio PXC243
Inputs: Apex ē G502 / G303 ē PS Nav / Orbweaver
Mouse pad: Corsair MM300 Extended
Drink: Black Rifle coffee

Offline omahstylee

• Don't ask me to 1 v 1 you bro.
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: xBUTTCLOPSx
  • PSN ID: BODYCOUNT311
« Reply #14 on: 09:35 AM - 09/16/19 »
I keep hearing about how great the native mouse support was for everybody but for some reason my experience was different. Not sure if it was related to performance since it seemed the game was frequently dipping below 60 fps on my PS4 pro. The aiming felt fine when standing still but whenever I was moving I was having a hard time keeping my reticle on moving targets it felt really clunky and not PC like at all. It was bad enough for me to go back to using my controller.