XIM Community

[ACTIVE] Xim apex disconnecting.  (Read 139 times)

Offline Mono-pop

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Mono-pop
[ACTIVE] Xim apex disconnecting.
« on: 11:22 PM - 09/12/19 »
I've posted here before and seen this thread come up countless times. I've followed all the advice I can and still can't seem to resolve this issue. I'm going to move on to Xim link soon, but if I can get my Xim apex to work I wont need to do that.

Mouse: Thunder 3 Gaming revolution TM30 Gaming mouse
Keyboard: Thunder 3 gaming revolution TK30 Gaming keyboard.

I use a 5V 3A power supply into my Xim apex hub as recommended to other posters.
But nothing has worked, my keyboard will still disconnects every few minutes.
Yes, I have charged my controller.
This issue started very early on, and I have tried very hard to resolve it myself. I wish I had simply contacted you guys sooner for a refund or replacement, as this has been a huge ordeal for over a year now.

The light on the Xim apex does not change when the keyboard disconnects, and the last key I pressed will act as if it is locked in, even though all power to the keyboard will be cut. Initially this meant I was unable to play PVP games, as disconnecting every few minutes completed invalidated the advantage of using a KBM in the first place.
But now the issue is so bad that I can't even play PVE games.
In warframe I plug my keyboard directly into the console, but the default key bindings on warframe are awful (and cannot be customized) and have been causing hand pain.
« Last Edit: 04:48 PM - 09/13/19 by mist4fun »

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: Xim apex disconnecting.
« Reply #1 on: 11:44 PM - 09/12/19 »
Have you tried replacing the USB cable from the controller to XIM APEX? That's the most common cause of these symptoms.

The keyboard itself may be incompatible, but given it stays up for a few minutes before it bombs, it's more likely to be the cable.

Another possibility is a faulty USB port on the controller. Try another controller too, if you have one.

What I'd be testing is if this happens with just the controller attached direct to XIM APEX with and without the hub. That'll help to figure out if a faulty cable, controller USB port, or USB hub is the issue.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Mono-pop

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Mono-pop
« Reply #2 on: 12:00 AM - 09/13/19 »
I have tried other controllers, but all of the controllers I have access to are fairly old, getting a new one is out of my price range currently.

I have been experimenting with a few things in the past, I tried swapping the keyboard and mouse around. If the mouse is in the keyboards designated spot on the XIM hub, it's the mouse that disconnects. So I have a feeling that particular USB port on the XIM hub might be faulty.

But even if it is, I'm pretty sure the XIM only has a 1 year warranty. This issue started happening pretty much immediately after I got it. So I don't think I'll be able to get a replacement, and spending another $180 on a product that never worked as intended isn't something I am able or willing to do.

Are you suggesting I plug the controller into the XIM Apex directly?
I can give it a shot, but I don't know what that will tell me. When the disconnect happens it's only to whatever is plugged into the designated keyboard port, the mouse and controller will continue to function after the keyboard stops.

Offline idkwtf

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01:21 AM - 09/13/19 »
It sounds Iike you just need a new usb hub. You can get one cheap.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #4 on: 04:34 PM - 09/13/19 »
Yeah, any USB hub should do the job. Id personally go with a powered 4-port USB 2.0 hub, so you wont have to deal with power issues and have an extra USB device slot.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: [ACTIVE] Xim apex disconnecting.
« Reply #5 on: 07:19 AM - 09/18/19 »
Most people don't need power supplies, so it's not included.