XIM Community

I think I need a new USB HUB  (Read 282 times)

Offline gasknr1

• View Profile
I think I need a new USB HUB
« on: 09:28 AM - 09/12/19 »
I was playing tonight and my controls just went dead. I think my apex device is fine because I can plug it into my PC and manage it as normal so i am not worried there. When I have everything plugged into my hub I only have control of my controller, power to my keyboard is dead and i can see faint power getting to my mouse, ie lights power up and then do dim, flicker.  Does this sound like a problem with the hub??
I plug my mouse, keyboard into my PC and they allwork fine, they fail to register once plugged into my hub.

Can anyone recommend or lnk me to a new powered usb hub.

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: I think I need a new USB HUB
« Reply #1 on: 09:38 AM - 09/12/19 »
D-Link USB 2.0 4 port hubs works well, but same as XIM's is a charger, current is delivering all the time to your devices.

Radioshack 4 USB 3.0 Hub is compatible with XIM 100% and works as it should, only delivering current when your XIM is ON.

Its AC adapter is premium has quality components, delivers solid power.

Those are afforable, Radioshack might be a bit over the average but it does something very rare nowadays. (cut the current when the host is not on). The ones I have tested and know for sure are pretty good, but any above 20 usd powered USB should work even a USB switch and it could be quite handy if you have a PC next and want to control KB & M
« Last Edit: 09:47 AM - 09/12/19 by alanmcgregor »

Offline year0

• Still, if YOU believe it helps YOU play better, tf
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: year0
« Reply #2 on: 07:49 AM - 09/15/19 »
Isnít just powering the supplied xim USB hub do-able also?
If you believe it gives you an edge, then it does.
That's why I game 100% nude in a climate controlled room. Clothes are only going to slow you down.

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11:14 AM - 09/15/19 »
Yep, you can use a AC/DC power adapter 5V 3A center positive 3.5 x 1.35 mm

I got this one.

I stop using it because: XIM Hub is sending current all the time and the hub got very warm: hot, but it might be my unit, and the radioshack one let me manage cable clutter better.

Offline year0

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11:45 AM - 09/15/19 »

I got this one.

I stop using it because: XIM Hub is sending current all the time and the hub got very warm: hot, but it might be my unit, and the radioshack one let me manage cable clutter better.

I cut the plug off an old Nokia charger and wired it to a 5v supply I had.
Anyone  Reading this DONíT use the Nokia power supply, itís only 3.5 V and it will damage your @#$%
That's why I game 100% nude in a climate controlled room. Clothes are only going to slow you down.

Offline idkwtf

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02:27 PM - 09/15/19 »

I got this one.

Anyone  Reading this DONíT use the Nokia power supply, itís only 3.5 V and it will damage your @#$%
Yikes. That sucks dude.

Offline year0

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09:11 AM - 09/16/19 »

I got this one.

Yikes. That sucks dude.
Someone I saw on here had a post about their stuff starting ti smoke, which is not usually a good sign..