XIM Community

Maybe 125hz is the way to go?...[Solution Found]  (Read 3991 times)

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Maybe 125hz is the way to go?...
« Reply #30 on: 10:12 PM - 09/11/19 »
This debate is as old as time. If you like XIM4 it's because you spent so much time playing on it and you're used to it. Some people like change, some don't.

Apex is frustrating if you don't know what your issues are or how to fix them. XIM4 was way easier to use simply because you had less options. If you want to keep it simple use your XIM4. If you don't use Apex, or Apex at 125hz. and Default sync. It's the same thing as XIM4. If you think it's not, then you're mind is your worst enemy. You need to check yourself.
What debate? This is a discussion about 125 Hz. How do you know how much time I've put into both devices? Your statement is an opinion. I've actually spent nearly the same amount of time on my Xim apex as I have my Xim 4. As the topic suggests, my Xim 4 had been catching dust. So, I pulled it out to give it some playtime and keep it in working condition. I havent touched my Xim 4 any but one time since the apex came out. And that was while I was waiting on a new hub to be delivered after my old one went bad. The pros and cons have been discussed when it comes to the Xim apex and xim 4. But there hasn't been many topics covering the feel of 125 Hz on the Xim 4 and 125 Hz on the apex. They don't feel exactly the same. You're delusional if you believe they do. If you don't like a post simply don't respond to it. I see topics that have been posted in 2016 being covered over and over. But I don't say anything about it because we get new members each and everyday. I simply bypass the topic when it has nothing to do with me. You should do the same. If you feel obligated to respond to everything you should check yourself😉. That's a bad habit.

Hmmm... strange response. My reply was purely factual.

• The idea of XIM4 vs. Apex has been debated multiple times in the forum, going waaaay back to Apex's release - Fact
  • Xim Apex running on DEFAULT SYNC at 125hz. is exactly like playing with a XIM4 - Fact
  • Apex can be frustrating for new users that don't know what they're doing - Fact
  • Apex has more options then XIM4 - Fact

You want an opinion, XIM APEX is superior to XIM4! Crap.. wait, actually that's a fact to.

One more fact. Threads like this one can be misleading to new users or XIM4 users that are on the fence with buying an upgrade. Which is why I decided to post here in the 1st place. Just wanted to put a few facts out there in a thread filled with opinions. 

:)
And since you know everything here's the thread where a user posted the link to a statement that Obsiv made saying to use 125 Hz and off sync on xim apex for a Xim 4 feel. NOT DEFAULT. Yet you're speaking these alleged "facts" right?😅

https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=79979.0

Get your facts right.

https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=68320.msg700863#msg700863
https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=68183.msg700164#msg700164
https://community.xim.tech/index.php?topic=76762.msg758408#msg758408

According to the big guy. Off sync uses the same code as default sync on the Xim 4. So if you're going to put facts out make sure those facts are actually facts.
« Last Edit: 10:29 PM - 09/11/19 by GamingNerd »
The Xim is not a magical tool that is going to make you a god. Time, effort and perseverance is what will take your gaming to the next level.

[Ps4] [Sony Nav] [T9 Gamepad] [Logitech G502 Proteus] [Dpi's: 12,000, 3200, 4000, 2400] [Syncs: Off and Common]

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 12:16 AM - 09/12/19 »
This debate is as old as time. If you like XIM4 it's because you spent so much time playing on it and you're used to it. Some people like change, some don't.

Apex is frustrating if you don't know what your issues are or how to fix them. XIM4 was way easier to use simply because you had less options. If you want to keep it simple use your XIM4. If you don't use Apex, or Apex at 125hz. and Default sync. It's the same thing as XIM4. If you think it's not, then you're mind is your worst enemy. You need to check yourself.
What debate? This is a discussion about 125 Hz. How do you know how much time I've put into both devices? Your statement is an opinion. I've actually spent nearly the same amount of time on my Xim apex as I have my Xim 4. As the topic suggests, my Xim 4 had been catching dust. So, I pulled it out to give it some playtime and keep it in working condition. I havent touched my Xim 4 any but one time since the apex came out. And that was while I was waiting on a new hub to be delivered after my old one went bad. The pros and cons have been discussed when it comes to the Xim apex and xim 4. But there hasn't been many topics covering the feel of 125 Hz on the Xim 4 and 125 Hz on the apex. They don't feel exactly the same. You're delusional if you believe they do. If you don't like a post simply don't respond to it. I see topics that have been posted in 2016 being covered over and over. But I don't say anything about it because we get new members each and everyday. I simply bypass the topic when it has nothing to do with me. You should do the same. If you feel obligated to respond to everything you should check yourself. That's a bad habit.

Hmmm... strange response. My reply was purely factual.

• The idea of XIM4 vs. Apex has been debated multiple times in the forum, going waaaay back to Apex's release - Fact
  • Xim Apex running on DEFAULT SYNC at 125hz. is exactly like playing with a XIM4 - Fact
  • Apex can be frustrating for new users that don't know what they're doing - Fact
  • Apex has more options then XIM4 - Fact

You want an opinion, XIM APEX is superior to XIM4! Crap.. wait, actually that's a fact to.

One more fact. Threads like this one can be misleading to new users or XIM4 users that are on the fence with buying an upgrade. Which is why I decided to post here in the 1st place. Just wanted to put a few facts out there in a thread filled with opinions. 

:)
obsiv said you also have to turn SAB off or apex will be different.  sab off ,125hz and default sync! he made a vid. on it. lol
Od1n makes all of the video tutorials. Where is the one Obsiv made?
The Xim is not a magical tool that is going to make you a god. Time, effort and perseverance is what will take your gaming to the next level.

[Ps4] [Sony Nav] [T9 Gamepad] [Logitech G502 Proteus] [Dpi's: 12,000, 3200, 4000, 2400] [Syncs: Off and Common]

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 12:21 AM - 09/12/19 »
bro ima try the xim 4 tomorrow and see if it helps, I legit cant do anything with the Apex tbh, 125hz default on the apex feels like dogshit
Try it and let me know what you think. I'm going to try 125hz and off sync with the same mouse sensitivity since it has the same code as the xim 4. They should feel the same if I don't add any smoothing. I will be doing that in a little while. Also I'll set SAB to 0 since the xim 4 uses SAB0 to help fornite users.

Update: This is the solution. Feels exactly the same now with better response time. I also tweaked some titan 2 settings. Not sure if it matters though. If you're interested in what I'll be running I'll post it for you guys. Just let me know. Default sync is not the correct sync.
« Last Edit: 01:22 AM - 09/12/19 by GamingNerd »

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: Maybe 125hz is the way to go?...[Solution Found]
« Reply #33 on: 05:01 AM - 09/12/19 »
How does it feel at 250Hz and Sync Off on PS4 Nerd? That was the defining difference for me when comparing XIM4 and APEX.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Online Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 06:04 AM - 09/12/19 »
have you tried 125hz sync default on your xim apex against the xim4?
unless you run ST 1.0 profiles on your xim4 the experience should be identical then.

overall going 125hz will heavily boost the aim assist and prevent some aim assist interruptions that you get from the stuttery 1000hz experience. next to that your mouse will most likely perform much more consistent on 125hz than on 1000hz. so yes it can feel better playing with those settings than with 1000hz.
however your aiming experience with a xim apex (in xim4 mode) and a regular xim4 should be the same then.
« Last Edit: 06:22 AM - 09/12/19 by Od1n »
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline ORG

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 06:17 AM - 09/12/19 »
So the “big guy” as you call him, contradicts himself and you want me to get my facts straight.

Synchronize was added because of 1000Hz in order to not waste mouse movement when running at these higher response rates. But when running at 125Hz (like XIM4), that's equivalent to both Off and Default for XIM APEX.

Not to mention he’s said this multiple times about default sync going back to Apex’s release. Sync Off was never mentioned in those days, but I’m not about to waste my time tracking that @#$% down. It’s obvious in the quote above why the confusion exists. So unless the “big guy” wants to recant his statement above. Then yes, what I said is still factual according to the “big guy”.

I also know for a fact that many of the Alpha testers were led to believe the same thing. Which is why you’ve heard individuals like RML say the same thing. That’s because we’re all going off of what the “big guy” says.

So cheer up and have an uneventful day. I may not post Much around here, but I’ve been around for A lot longer then you probably realize. Also, thank you for changing the title to solution found. Maybe you should include that solution in the 1st post to save people sometime. Finding the solution  is the only reason I’m participating in this thread.

:-*

EDIT:  Even Od1n “Another Alpha and Mod” is confused now.

have you tried 125hz sync default/common on your xim apex against the xim4?
unless you run ST 1.0 profiles on your xim4 the experience should be identical then.

however your aiming experience with a xim apex (in xim4 mode) and a regular xim4 should be the same then.
« Last Edit: 06:32 AM - 09/12/19 by ORG »

Offline Jamesbone

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: FlexNup
  • PSN ID: Flexnitup
« Reply #36 on: 07:54 AM - 09/12/19 »
I just  changed my final mouse to 125hz and set the apex to 125hz and it feels great!! Also using sync Off feels really nice to use. Just going to stick to this for now!!

Offline ColtsFan

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 09:35 AM - 09/12/19 »
Andrew Luck retired so who cares...
PS4 Pro / One X • LG 49UJ6200 / Pixio PXC243 • G502 • PS Nav

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
« Reply #38 on: 09:45 AM - 09/12/19 »
Andrew Luck retired so who cares...
Hmmm, you a Colts fan by any chance?

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro, Crucial MX500 1TB, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Gigabyte Aorus, Audio Technica AD700, SB X7, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Intel Core i5 [email protected], Corsair H100i, EVGA GTX780, 16gb G-Skill [email protected], XFX ProSeries 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 3xSamsung Evo 500 SSD, WD 1TB HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables. And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend![/s]

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 09:48 AM - 09/12/19 »
How does it feel at 250Hz and Sync Off on PS4 Nerd? That was the defining difference for me when comparing XIM4 and APEX.
You know what....🤔 that's a really good question. I've never tried it before with the same settings I have now. I'm going to try it and get back to you. I think I may need to increase my mouse sensitivity right?

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 09:53 AM - 09/12/19 »
have you tried 125hz sync default on your xim apex against the xim4?

overall going 125hz will heavily boost the aim assist and prevent some aim assist interruptions that you get from the stuttery 1000hz experience. next to that your mouse will most likely perform much more consistent on 125hz than on 1000hz. so yes it can feel better playing with those settings than with 1000hz.
When I used 125 Hz with default sync and SAB0 it felt way off. It looked like i had some type of micro stutter even though I was using 500 Hz. Also, when I would aim at my target it felt as if the AA bubble wouldn't allow me in. Now I know that we can use steady aim. But that wouldn't be like the xim 4. However, when I switched to sync off everything became exactly the same as my xim 4. Clean crisp mouse movements with better tracking. Getting inside the AA bubble also felt easier. And my micro movements are now just like my Xim 4. I can achieve the same stats (if not better) than what I was achieving on the Xim 4. Xim apex default sync will not work for me.
« Last Edit: 09:59 AM - 09/12/19 by GamingNerd »

Offline ColtsFan

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 09:57 AM - 09/12/19 »
XIM 4 settings for the win.
Full disclosure I actually don't follow the NFL very much anymore, but still identify as a disgruntled Colts fan.
PS4 Pro / One X • LG 49UJ6200 / Pixio PXC243 • G502 • PS Nav

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 09:58 AM - 09/12/19 »
So the “big guy” as you call him, contradicts himself and you want me to get my facts straight.

Synchronize was added because of 1000Hz in order to not waste mouse movement when running at these higher response rates. But when running at 125Hz (like XIM4), that's equivalent to both Off and Default for XIM APEX.

Not to mention he’s said this multiple times about default sync going back to Apex’s release. Sync Off was never mentioned in those days, but I’m not about to waste my time tracking that @#$% down. It’s obvious in the quote above why the confusion exists. So unless the “big guy” wants to recant his statement above. Then yes, what I said is still factual according to the “big guy”.

I also know for a fact that many of the Alpha testers were led to believe the same thing. Which is why you’ve heard individuals like RML say the same thing. That’s because we’re all going off of what the “big guy” says.

So cheer up and have an uneventful day. I may not post Much around here, but I’ve been around for A lot longer then you probably realize. Also, thank you for changing the title to solution found. Maybe you should include that solution in the 1st post to save people sometime. Finding the solution  is the only reason I’m participating in this thread.

:-*

EDIT:  Even Od1n “Another Alpha and Mod” is confused now.

have you tried 125hz sync default/common on your xim apex against the xim4?

Your argument has been shut down. Go crawl back into your hole now😊

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 10:02 AM - 09/12/19 »
XIM 4 settings for the win.
Full disclosure I actually don't follow the NFL very much anymore, but still identify as a disgruntled Colts fan.
Yes indeed! It's the feel that I think we've all been trying to achieve. So glad I decided to pull out the xim 4 for old times sake. Now my Xim Apex settings won't have to change anymore.

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 10:06 AM - 09/12/19 »
I just  changed my final mouse to 125hz and set the apex to 125hz and it feels great!! Also using sync Off feels really nice to use. Just going to stick to this for now!!
Glad that this thread was able to help you! This is why we need to have these discussions even though they may have been covered in some form. Not only did I find something I like. But you have too now. I tried these settings in Infinite Warfare and dude..... They felt so great I had guys thinking I was cheating lol. Try them on infinite warfare and watch how easily your kd will climb.