XIM Community

Maybe 125hz is the way to go?...[Solution Found]  (Read 4140 times)

Offline ORG

• View Profile
Re: Maybe 125hz is the way to go?...
« Reply #15 on: 06:55 AM - 09/11/19 »
This debate is as old as time. If you like XIM4 it's because you spent so much time playing on it and you're used to it. Some people like change, some don't.

Apex is frustrating if you don't know what your issues are or how to fix them. XIM4 was way easier to use simply because you had less options. If you want to keep it simple use your XIM4. If you don't use Apex, or Apex at 125hz. and Default sync. It's the same thing as XIM4. If you think it's not, then you're mind is your worst enemy. You need to check yourself.

Offline ColtsFan

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 07:22 AM - 09/11/19 »
I have never liked 1000hz on the Apex...  didn't feel natural for me on the aiming from jumpstreet.  For me it does not interact correctly with AA somehow and I was just not as accurate with it in either BO4 or BF5.  I'll acknowledge it could be due to me using all the other XIM models before it for years going all the way back to the XIM2. For BF5 I ended up settling on 250 to 500hz for the most part.  I'll do some testing on the COD beta this weekend with my Apex.
PS4 Pro / One X • LG 49UJ6200 / Pixio PXC243 • G502 • PS Nav

Offline ultimateisready

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 09:32 AM - 09/11/19 »
And the aim is different if u set apex 125hz and mouse 1k or 500hz. Like smoother for me. Someone knows why?

Offline ultimateisready

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 09:33 AM - 09/11/19 »
Which dpi and sync would u recommended playing 125hz?

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 09:45 AM - 09/11/19 »
idk about xim4(sold it before Apex came out) But i just tried 125hz and it definitely smoother than 1000hz it also felt as if the turn speed cap didn't negatively affect me as much when i hit it compared to 1000hz but 125hz felt heavy so i upped it to 250hz which felt really good still smooth but not as heavy feeling aim.
This was playing Bo3 leaving my mouse set to 1000hz while only changing Xim hz.
This is the same feeling I get with the xim 4. I want to achieve the same thing with the apex so I think I'm going to run 125 Hz and 1000 Hz on mouse with no additional added settings. I'll use it the same way that I use the xim 4 and hope that the feeling is the same. And as far as sync goes for the xim apex I will be using off as recommended by Obsiv for the xim 4 feel.
« Last Edit: 10:17 AM - 09/11/19 by GamingNerd »
The Xim is not a magical tool that is going to make you a god. Time, effort and perseverance is what will take your gaming to the next level.

[Ps4] [Sony Nav] [T9 Gamepad] [Logitech G502 Proteus] [Dpi's: 12,000, 3200, 4000, 2400] [Syncs: Off and Common]

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 10:10 AM - 09/11/19 »
This debate is as old as time. If you like XIM4 it's because you spent so much time playing on it and you're used to it. Some people like change, some don't.

Apex is frustrating if you don't know what your issues are or how to fix them. XIM4 was way easier to use simply because you had less options. If you want to keep it simple use your XIM4. If you don't use Apex, or Apex at 125hz. and Default sync. It's the same thing as XIM4. If you think it's not, then you're mind is your worst enemy. You need to check yourself.
What debate? This is a discussion about 125 Hz. How do you know how much time I've put into both devices? Your statement is an opinion. I've actually spent nearly the same amount of time on my Xim apex as I have my Xim 4. As the topic suggests, my Xim 4 had been catching dust. So, I pulled it out to give it some playtime and keep it in working condition. I havent touched my Xim 4 any but one time since the apex came out. And that was while I was waiting on a new hub to be delivered after my old one went bad. The pros and cons have been discussed when it comes to the Xim apex and xim 4. But there hasn't been many topics covering the feel of 125 Hz on the Xim 4 and 125 Hz on the apex. They don't feel exactly the same. You're delusional if you believe they do. If you don't like a post simply don't respond to it. I see topics that have been posted in 2016 being covered over and over. But I don't say anything about it because we get new members each and everyday. I simply bypass the topic when it has nothing to do with me. You should do the same. If you feel obligated to respond to everything you should check yourself😉. That's a bad habit.
The Xim is not a magical tool that is going to make you a god. Time, effort and perseverance is what will take your gaming to the next level.

[Ps4] [Sony Nav] [T9 Gamepad] [Logitech G502 Proteus] [Dpi's: 12,000, 3200, 4000, 2400] [Syncs: Off and Common]

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 10:15 AM - 09/11/19 »
Which dpi and sync would u recommended playing 125hz?
I personally prefer 12,000 dpi with 250 polling on my mouse for 125 Hz. The reason I do this is because that is the polling rate of the ps4 analog controller. It feels great! If you don't have 12,000 dpi use the max dpi of your mouse and 250 polling if you want to try my style of ximming. No smoothing,  no boost, no curve. I just adjust mouse sensitivity to a comfortable speed and play. But remember, I only do this at 125 Hz polling. For 500 Hz polling I use 500 polling on my mouse and I also use 500 Hz on my mouse when I use 250 Hz polling on my Xim apex. I've tried matching my Xim and mouse polling at 250 Hz and it just felt as if I was trying to drag my mouse through quicksand. I didn't like the feeling.
« Last Edit: 10:22 AM - 09/11/19 by GamingNerd »

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 10:27 AM - 09/11/19 »
I have never liked 1000hz on the Apex...  didn't feel natural for me on the aiming from jumpstreet.  For me it does not interact correctly with AA somehow and I was just not as accurate with it in either BO4 or BF5.  I'll acknowledge it could be due to me using all the other XIM models before it for years going all the way back to the XIM2. For BF5 I ended up settling on 250 to 500hz for the most part.  I'll do some testing on the COD beta this weekend with my Apex.
Me either, and I have tried on many occasions to make a config work on it. But.i always end and switching to 500 hz. I don't think it's necessary for me to use. I find that I have better results with lower polling rates. But I'm going to give it a shot on the apex.
« Last Edit: 10:42 AM - 09/11/19 by GamingNerd »

Offline Santigold

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 10:57 AM - 09/11/19 »
Youre not incorrect about the xim4 feeling slightly better than apex, thats why i didnt sell xim 4.

Only downside with 4 is, it enters the „desynced“/„floaty“ mode more often than Apex, which after reconnecting everything usually goes away, but aside of that I feel it is slightly better with the aim than Apex. With Apex it feels like it interpolates mouse DPI differently and so the effect you desribe as moving mouse on your mousepad, actually moves less on the screen can occur.

Xim 4 also sometimes enters the mode where it has some delay until it starts moving the crosshair, as if it was in standby mode and needs a few milliseconds to start working, once you move your mouse. I didnt observe this scenario on the Apex to the same degree as on 4.

So its not all advantages with 4, it has a few issues. But when it works, the aiming is better than Apex.

I still think that aiming would be best on Titan 2 with standard translator if we could somehow figure out the exact acceleration speed on COD games and tweak the DZ shape perfectly. But since it requires alot of trial and error tinkering, cim is a better alternative with its STs and better plug and play capability.
« Last Edit: 11:02 AM - 09/11/19 by Santigold »

Offline ORG

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 11:20 AM - 09/11/19 »

What debate? This is a discussion about 125 Hz. How do you know how much time I've put into both devices? Your statement is an opinion. I've actually spent nearly the same amount of time on my Xim apex as I have my Xim 4. As the topic suggests, my Xim 4 had been catching dust. So, I pulled it out to give it some playtime and keep it in working condition. I havent touched my Xim 4 any but one time since the apex came out. And that was while I was waiting on a new hub to be delivered after my old one went bad. The pros and cons have been discussed when it comes to the Xim apex and xim 4. But there hasn't been many topics covering the feel of 125 Hz on the Xim 4 and 125 Hz on the apex. They don't feel exactly the same. You're delusional if you believe they do. If you don't like a post simply don't respond to it. I see topics that have been posted in 2016 being covered over and over. But I don't say anything about it because we get new members each and everyday. I simply bypass the topic when it has nothing to do with me. You should do the same. If you feel obligated to respond to everything you should check yourself😉. That's a bad habit.

Hmmm... strange response. My reply was purely factual.

• The idea of XIM4 vs. Apex has been debated multiple times in the forum, going waaaay back to Apex's release - Fact
  • Xim Apex running on DEFAULT SYNC at 125hz. is exactly like playing with a XIM4 - Fact
  • Apex can be frustrating for new users that don't know what they're doing - Fact
  • Apex has more options then XIM4 - Fact

You want an opinion, XIM APEX is superior to XIM4! Crap.. wait, actually that's a fact to.

One more fact. Threads like this one can be misleading to new users or XIM4 users that are on the fence with buying an upgrade. Which is why I decided to post here in the 1st place. Just wanted to put a few facts out there in a thread filled with opinions. 

:)

Offline randomusername_LOL938338

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 04:51 PM - 09/11/19 »
bro ima try the xim 4 tomorrow and see if it helps, I legit cant do anything with the Apex tbh, 125hz default on the apex feels like dogshit

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #26 on: 05:14 PM - 09/11/19 »
I still think that aiming would be best on Titan 2 with standard translator if we could somehow figure out the exact acceleration speed on COD games and tweak the DZ shape perfectly. But since it requires alot of trial and error tinkering, cim is a better alternative with its STs and better plug and play capability.
I've been speaking with J2K in regards to m/kb. I've asked if there's a script we can use to automatically determine the deadzone size and shape. He said he'll write one and get back to me. I'll follow it up next week.

The curve stuff on T2 is confusing too, I've asked if he can look into making it more noob-friendly.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline slickrick

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 08:50 PM - 09/11/19 »

What debate? This is a discussion about 125 Hz. How do you know how much time I've put into both devices? Your statement is an opinion. I've actually spent nearly the same amount of time on my Xim apex as I have my Xim 4. As the topic suggests, my Xim 4 had been catching dust. So, I pulled it out to give it some playtime and keep it in working condition. I havent touched my Xim 4 any but one time since the apex came out. And that was while I was waiting on a new hub to be delivered after my old one went bad. The pros and cons have been discussed when it comes to the Xim apex and xim 4. But there hasn't been many topics covering the feel of 125 Hz on the Xim 4 and 125 Hz on the apex. They don't feel exactly the same. You're delusional if you believe they do. If you don't like a post simply don't respond to it. I see topics that have been posted in 2016 being covered over and over. But I don't say anything about it because we get new members each and everyday. I simply bypass the topic when it has nothing to do with me. You should do the same. If you feel obligated to respond to everything you should check yourself. That's a bad habit.

• The idea of XIM4 vs. Apex has been debated multiple times in the forum, going waaaay back to Apex's release - Fact
  • Xim Apex running on DEFAULT SYNC at 125hz. is exactly like playing with a XIM4 - Fact
  • Apex can be frustrating for new users that don't know what they're doing - Fact

You want an opinion, XIM APEX is superior to XIM4! Crap.. wait, actually that's a fact to.

One more fact. Threads like this one can be misleading to new users or XIM4 users that are on the fence with buying an upgrade. Which is why I decided to post here in the 1st place. Just wanted to put a few facts out there in a thread filled with opinions. 

obsiv said you also have to turn SAB off or apex will be different.  sab off ,125hz and default sync! he made a vid. on it. lol

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 09:48 PM - 09/11/19 »
Youre not incorrect about the xim4 feeling slightly better than apex, thats why i didnt sell xim 4.

Only downside with 4 is, it enters the „desynced“/„floaty“ mode more often than Apex, which after reconnecting everything usually goes away, but aside of that I feel it is slightly better with the aim than Apex. With Apex it feels like it interpolates mouse DPI differently and so the effect you desribe as moving mouse on your mousepad, actually moves less on the screen can occur.

Xim 4 also sometimes enters the mode where it has some delay until it starts moving the crosshair, as if it was in standby mode and needs a few milliseconds to start working, once you move your mouse. I didnt observe this scenario on the Apex to the same degree as on 4.

So its not all advantages with 4, it has a few issues. But when it works, the aiming is better than Apex.

Thank You! My point exactly. Now we're making progress. Is there a way to eliminate this on the apex at 125 Hz?

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 09:55 PM - 09/11/19 »

The thread was posted as a question hence the title "maybe 125hz is the way to go"? And the context of the thread. Any logical and literate person would see that. To put it in plain text for smaller minds. I'm literally asking a freaking question😆😆😆😆😆. This won't stop anyone from upgrading if that is something they want to do. This topic is not stating that the xim 4 is better than the xim apex. I'm literally asking why my Xim apex doesn't feel like my Xim 4 at 125 Hz. Why can't I achieve the same stats with the same exact settings as my xim 4 on my Xim apex? I'm seeking to be enlightened. But here you come talking about something that doesn't even pertain to the topic but trying to sound as if you know everything lol. As I stated, if you feel the need to respond to every single thread you need to check yourself. Yes, I've been around for a long time. But even I don't know every single thing. I have the right to ask questions and receive answers the same way newer users do. If you don't like it tough cookie boss man.