XIM Community

Community mobilisation for Glorious Model 0 mouse!  (Read 629 times)

Offline idkwtf

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Community mobilisation for Glorious Model 0 mouse!
« Reply #15 on: 01:42 AM - 09/11/19 »
It's not pIacebo for me. I can feeI 6ms of deIay. Od1n said he couId feeI the difference too. 125hz is 8ms, can you feeI a difference between that and 1000hz? I'm sure there's peopIe that may not notice though. I had a feeIing the smoothing might not be changeabIe via software. Sucks.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 10:51 PM - 09/11/19 »
https://video.ultra-zone.net/watch?v=SPWwpB9jFa0&list=PLujBdUKDGoKD7IPxwHouQanQQhZM2cvMx

DPI and mouse rate, the two most important. Apex needs a Apex mouse. Apex mouse from mousemakers is not gonna happen. Why should it?

Looking forward to test the Glorious at 2000dpi 1000hz. Should be the most exact non lag setup for now.
Crusade atm: XIM Mouse that is stable 1000hz at 12000 or higher no delays by smoothing. XIM APEX is ridiculous without a XIM Mouse.

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 11:50 PM - 09/11/19 »
It's not pIacebo for me. I can feeI 6ms of deIay. Od1n said he couId feeI the difference too. 125hz is 8ms, can you feeI a difference between that and 1000hz? I'm sure there's peopIe that may not notice though. I had a feeIing the smoothing might not be changeabIe via software. Sucks.
If you run a ABX test on a native mouse input on 125Hz vs 1000Hz to feel the precision, I'm sure you can't tell the difference.

But you guys are irrational, acting "by feelings", not facts I don't care to change your mind on it. And the fact that you are not understanding than even engineers who make the sensors said that is a hardware limitation, and a compromise is so small noticeable, and this FOR PC native input... not for a additional input funnel which is the mouse translation.

If you "can feel" something is slower by 5ms is just crazy, you should have super powers, is like saying that you can hear below 20Hz or above 20KHz.

OK, good luck with it.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 03:49 AM - 09/12/19 »
Lag ads up. Add 8ms from 125hz or 2ms at 500hz and 8ms from smoothing at high DPI and you have a 10 or 16ms that even I can feel. We need  a mouse that can run high dpi without smoothing and with a stable 1000hz polling or the 1000hz of the Apex are useless. best settings atm is 500hz with a stable mouse and 2000dpi mostly. Glorious O is the exception 1ms lag at 1000hz 2000dpi. Still quite a poor performance input to a XIM that can take much more. We simply need a better mouse than those on the market to run 1ms lag at high dpi which the XIM needs.
« Last Edit: 03:54 AM - 09/12/19 by roads »
Crusade atm: XIM Mouse that is stable 1000hz at 12000 or higher no delays by smoothing. XIM APEX is ridiculous without a XIM Mouse.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 06:11 AM - 09/12/19 »
let me know how you like the experience with the glorious roads, 2000 dpi is rather low but with sync default or higher its very playable imo.
in regards to your 99$ mouse, imo weight has become the driving factor atm and people pay any price to get a mouse with less weight. the new final mouse costs something close to 150$ and people pay that just for the weight. So if that 99$ mouse has a competitive weight then people will buy it just for the weight and the other specs are basically just a bonus (at least for the PC crowd).
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline Slow-Scoper

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 09:05 AM - 09/12/19 »
Based on what you are looking for, the G Pro Wireless seems like the closest match.. High DPI, consistent 1000 hz  polling rate (based on my testing and some others; there have been other reports though) and no smoothing. And I personally think the design is perfect but that is up for debate I guess.

Offline idkwtf

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 09:55 AM - 09/12/19 »
If you run a ABX test on a native mouse input on 125Hz vs 1000Hz to feel the precision, I'm sure you can't tell the difference.

But you guys are irrational, acting "by feelings", not facts I don't care to change your mind on it. And the fact that you are not understanding than even engineers who make the sensors said that is a hardware limitation, and a compromise is so small noticeable, and this FOR PC native input... not for a additional input funnel which is the mouse translation.

If you "can feel" something is slower by 5ms is just crazy, you should have super powers, is like saying that you can hear below 20Hz or above 20KHz.

OK, good luck with it.
It's Iike you're saying that I am Iess IikeIy to notice a difference in deIay on native whiIe aIso saying it's Iess IikeIy to notice the difference on xim.

I'm not crazy or irritationaI just because I can feeI a deIay. Yes, feeI. Not sure why you're quoting the word feeI as if it isn't a vaIid way to perceive. Am I suppose to smeII it? Taste it? Hear it? See is obviousIy part if it since staring at a screen IoI.

If you don't notice any difference that doesn't mean that no one eIse possibIy can. I even said that I'm sure that there's peopIe that do not notice. It's not Iike I'm spreading misinformation. I said it has 32 frames of smoothing and 5-6 ms of input Iag which is a fact.

Sometimes smaII ms of deIay can make a difference. In games without kiII trading the person that's 5ms behind in a shot trade wiII be the one that dies.  There's instances where it can make a difference.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 03:51 AM - 09/13/19 »
Based on what you are looking for, the G Pro Wireless seems like the closest match.. High DPI, consistent 1000 hz  polling rate (based on my testing and some others; there have been other reports though) and no smoothing. And I personally think the design is perfect but that is up for debate I guess.

I have the G pro Wireless, its far from stable 1000hz. Stable means equal or higher. The DPI is smoothed I think. Would have to check Overclockers but the mouse if off the tabel due to the unstable mouse rate anyway.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 03:53 AM - 09/13/19 »
PLEASE MAIL THEM!

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 03:59 AM - 09/13/19 »
@Od1n yeah I have my mice now on 2000 dpi to avoid smoothing on standard at 120 sens and its fine. Sync does not add lag? I mean every sync needs a cycle, no? Glory comes Monday.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 04:41 AM - 09/13/19 »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s64M5hnSMjE

look from 2:14

This is why smoothing sucks and 1000hz usage with smoothing is just stupid. Problem is you yo not know if there is smoothing or not without pro measuring hardware.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 04:47 AM - 09/13/19 »
Guy also says 3366 sensor has no smoothing, glorious has 3360 sensor.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 04:54 AM - 09/13/19 »
And here is how you get lagged smoothly by the sensors.
https://www.reddit.com/r/MouseReview/comments/5haxn4/sensor_smoothing/

Offline sncjez

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: sncjez
« Reply #28 on: 12:57 PM - 09/15/19 »
What debounce delay number are you fellow ximmers using in the model 0 or g wolves software, i'm noticing a difference with console over pc when it comes to semi/burst fire weapons.

Model 0 recommends 4 whilst i have the G wolves Skoll and recommends 10 in the software right now i'm using 8 seems better but now and again gets in drunk state with burst firing on ps4 compared to pc ( and yes i know FR difference ) between the two platforms and not particulary keen to go any higher

This is actually a very handy addition in software and needs a little more scrutinising, i am definitely noticing double clicking burst weapons during a gun fight whilst playing the MW beta over the weekend.

Curious if anyone has noticed this and changed delay number in software.

Edit.. wrong thread but still related  :)
« Last Edit: 05:23 PM - 09/15/19 by sncjez »

Offline slickrick

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 01:23 PM - 09/17/19 »
I no this statement is going to cause a ruckus, but here it go's.  you guys know the sensor on the g model o has more input lag than the Gpro when its wireless. lol  dont believe me look it up on YouTube, theirs a channel called Linus tech tips . Linus hears Logitech claiming there wireless mice are faster than the top gaming mice thats wired. so he hires some help [ not bro science] so he puts it to the test.I dont rember what dpi they  testing but the Gpro wireless sensor had a 2 ms. faster response time than the closest top gaming mouse that was wired. its pretty interesting.  you guys should check it out. lol 
« Last Edit: 03:54 PM - 09/17/19 by slickrick »