• Still, if YOU believe it helps YOU play better, tf
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: year0
Apex Legends on PS4
« on: 12:57 PM - 09/07/19 »
1.)   Apex Legends on PS4 when your network connection is a bit crap

year0 Config[6/28/18]

2.)

OK, I've tuned my way to this after wondering why games seemed so inconsistent. I'm no diamond ninja but something didn't feel right to me in regard to the Aim Assist just blocking what I wanted to do.
So I found that Sync OFF gave me better results than Common, but not ALL the time. I really think that network latency has a big effect on hit reg & AA, so if you're finding yourself frustrated, try this out.

3.)

Mouse is a G402s with a cloth pad, but one of the fast steelseries ones.   Mouse polling rate is set to 500hz but the Xim Apex is set to 250Hz. This is at 4000 DPI as well. If you need to convert the calculator is here: http://www.csgosetup.com/dpi-calculator/

5.) Hip settings (these are calculated with the PSA method from here https://jscalc.io/calc/vqOrqXRpMgmwb8tV with the instructional video here   (this is all info I stole from one of  Oldmanclutch606's posts btw, thx!
Hip Settings:

Sensitivity: 27
Synchronize: OFF
Smoothing: 0
Y/X: 1
Hip curve: None
I have SAB set to OFF, but I'm using a navi so that's up to you. I don't find it helps much with Legends

6.)

Aim Down Sight settings:

Sensitivity: 16 <-- I got this figure dividing my hip sens by 1.64 which is a good ratio imo.
Smooth Aim: 0
Synchronize: OFF
Smoothing: 0
Y/X: 1.25
ADS Delay: 0
ADS curve: None

In game settings are 7/and all ADS for scopes maxed. Also NO look deadzone, and small movement deadzone.

For some reason this setup lets me drop people much better at mid-long ranges also.

If next time I play with an uncongested/no lag network connection & it changes things, I'll update this, but it's worked great for me lately. Also my mum.
« Last Edit: 01:09 PM - 09/07/19 by year0 »
If you believe it gives you an edge, then it does.
That's why I game 100% nude in a climate controlled room. Clothes are only going to slow you down.

Offline tkon

• View Profile
Re: Apex Legends on PS4
« Reply #1 on: 11:06 AM - 09/13/19 »
This is really interesting because it's the best base I've used to play Apex with.  Start here then adjust to your liking. 

Offline year0

• Still, if YOU believe it helps YOU play better, tf
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: year0
Re: Apex Legends on PS4
« Reply #2 on: 12:18 AM - 09/14/19 »
This is really interesting because it's the best base I've used to play Apex with.  Start here then adjust to your liking. 

I have 2 setups now, it's not great for muscle memory but they feel similar enough.
The two are for "@#$%" network congestion issues. And they're WAAAY different, the second has maxed sensitivity (500!) and 20 smoothing, with a poll rate of 1000 and DPI at 800.

I know this sounds plain crazy, but it's not so much me as it is the online side of things
If you believe it gives you an edge, then it does.
That's why I game 100% nude in a climate controlled room. Clothes are only going to slow you down.