XIM Community

Mouse polling rate  (Read 124 times)

Offline year0

• Still, if YOU believe it helps YOU play better, tf
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: year0
Mouse polling rate
« on: 03:56 AM - 09/06/19 »
If I set my mouse to 1000hz poll rate (which its inconsistent running at) but set my Xim Apex at 500Hz, will this cause me potential problems?
Same if I set the xim to 250hz (with mouse at 509 or 1000hz)?
If you believe it gives you an edge, then it does.
That's why I game 100% nude in a climate controlled room. Clothes are only going to slow you down.

Offline ceebs

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Captain_Minxley
Re: Mouse polling rate
« Reply #1 on: 05:06 AM - 09/06/19 »
It'll be fine at both settings.

The important thing is that Apex gets data whenever it asks for it. If Apex is asking for it five hundred times per second and it gets it one thousand times per second then your cursor will move smoothly. If it's polling at 1000Hz and your mouse is at 500 then you'll get skipping (jitter) as Apex won't be getting your mouse's position half the time.

As long as your mouse's polling is the same as, or higher, than that of your XIM, you'll be good to go.

Where's HL3?

XIM Apex, PS4 Pro, Crucial MX500 1TB, Allreli T9+, Swiftpoint Z, Gigabyte Aorus, Audio Technica AD700, SB X7, LG 27UD58.

MSI Z97i Gaming AC, Intel Core i5 [email protected], Corsair H100i, EVGA GTX780, 16gb G-Skill [email protected], XFX ProSeries 750w, 3xAerocool Dead Silence, Cooltek W1, 3xSamsung Evo 500 SSD, WD 1TB HDD, Silverstone SST slot-load DVD, KustomPC braided cables. And if you've read this far, you too are a genuine geek, my friend![/s]

Offline year0

• Still, if YOU believe it helps YOU play better, tf
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: year0
Re: Mouse polling rate
« Reply #2 on: 12:04 PM - 09/06/19 »
Awesome, thank you
If you believe it gives you an edge, then it does.
That's why I game 100% nude in a climate controlled room. Clothes are only going to slow you down.