XIM Community

120hz support on Xbox X does it work?  (Read 1346 times)

Offline InZaneHD

• View Profile
120hz support on Xbox X does it work?
« on: 01:14 PM - 09/04/19 »
Hello, I have read that Xbox X support 120hz on 1080 and 1440p.
Do any of you guys have any experience with this? I bought a 144hz monitor a few years ago before coming to console and now I have an Xbox X. I do know most games cap at 60fps but hz and fps is not the same thing. So in theory 120hz on 60fps will make it twice as smooth? My monitor is a BenQ XL2411 and to use 144hz it requires me to use DVI output on the monitor. DVI to HDMI cable is needed, I just have to find mine..

Do you guys have any experience with this thing? Mostly playing Fortnite and COD wich performs good on the X 
Xbox One X | XIM APEX | Glorious Model O | QPAD MK-90 | Astro A40

Offline havoxxx

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: 120hz support on Xbox X does it work?
« Reply #1 on: 01:34 PM - 09/04/19 »
I use 1440p and 120 htz with freesync on my xbox one x thru displayport. looks beautiful and feels smooth.

Always streaming, Click the spinning logo!

Offline InZaneHD

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02:44 PM - 09/04/19 »
I use 1440p and 120 htz with freesync on my xbox one x thru displayport. looks beautiful and feels smooth.

Nice! Is freesync or gsync required to use the 120hz feature?

Offline havoxxx

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02:51 PM - 09/04/19 »
Nope, but the issue comes to this; freesync off you can run 120 hz but only at 1080p. In order to run 1440p you need free sync on, display port plugged in for it run 120 hz. Weird but that is how it works I guess.

Offline InZaneHD

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03:35 PM - 09/04/19 »
Okey, 1080p is enough for me 😀

Offline Phil Ashio

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07:53 PM - 09/04/19 »
Wait, how'd you get displayport to work with Xbox? I was looking for a way to do this but I read that displayport doesn't work with Xbox, never mind 120hz. It was even difficult to find an HDMI to displayport adapter, though there are ones that work the other way around.

Offline Antec800

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Antec800
« Reply #6 on: 08:09 PM - 09/04/19 »
How are you using display port with your one x, it doesn’t support it and the adapters don’t work

Offline havoxxx

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08:23 PM - 09/04/19 »
How are you using display port with your one x, it doesn’t support it and the adapters don’t work

this works perfectly fine on my msi monitor.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017Q8ZVWK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My HDMI is HDMI 2.1 btw.
« Last Edit: 08:36 PM - 09/04/19 by havoxxx »

Offline Antec800

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Antec800
« Reply #8 on: 09:34 PM - 09/04/19 »
You got that to work? I’ve tried 5 different kinds and none worked

Offline Lukino

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: ManHasNoName85
« Reply #9 on: 10:08 PM - 09/04/19 »
Nope, but the issue comes to this; freesync off you can run 120 hz but only at 1080p. In order to run 1440p you need free sync on, display port plugged in for it run 120 hz. Weird but that is how it works I guess.

Could I trouble you for detailed way of setting it up including of how to enable 50hz with it as apparently lot of people got issues to enable it. Thank you

Offline havoxxx

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 10:16 PM - 09/04/19 »

Could I trouble you for detailed way of setting it up including of how to enable 50hz with it as apparently lot of people got issues to enable it. Thank you

search for the Xbox App Xbox Insider and register your console for previews of Xbox Live. They also give exclusive beta's on there as well!

Alpha – Open on an “invite only” basis and receives updates at the earliest point in the preview window.

Beta – Open to Xbox Insiders with a Program tenure of 3 or more months and an Xbox Insider XP Level of 5 or higher. This ring receives updates shortly after Alpha.

Delta – Open to any Xbox Insider with a tenure of 1 or more months that has reached Xbox Insider Level 2 or higher. Depending on certain edge cases where further attention is required from Alpha or Beta rings, Delta Insiders may receive system updates before Beta, though this is not a common scenario. Additionally, while early system updates are not guaranteed across the Delta ring, all Delta Insiders will receive the update prior to GA.

Omega – Open to anyone and receives system updates shortly before the GA (General Availability) release.

I am on alpha. Maybe this is for delta and omega as well. I really don't know.

Offline Lukino

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 11:29 PM - 09/04/19 »

search for the Xbox App Xbox Insider and register your console for previews of Xbox Live. They also give exclusive beta's on there as well!

Alpha – Open on an “invite only” basis and receives updates at the earliest point in the preview window.

Beta – Open to Xbox Insiders with a Program tenure of 3 or more months and an Xbox Insider XP Level of 5 or higher. This ring receives updates shortly after Alpha.

Delta – Open to any Xbox Insider with a tenure of 1 or more months that has reached Xbox Insider Level 2 or higher. Depending on certain edge cases where further attention is required from Alpha or Beta rings, Delta Insiders may receive system updates before Beta, though this is not a common scenario. Additionally, while early system updates are not guaranteed across the Delta ring, all Delta Insiders will receive the update prior to GA.

Omega – Open to anyone and receives system updates shortly before the GA (General Availability) release.

I am on alpha. Maybe this is for delta and omega as well. I really don't know.

So you just followed that and made it work or required certain update on Alfa?

Online idkwtf

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 02:16 AM - 09/05/19 »
120hz creates input Iag for me. I went back to 60hz setting and 60hz monitor.

Offline Lukino

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 05:21 AM - 09/05/19 »
120hz creates input Iag for me. I went back to 60hz setting and 60hz monitor.

Which monitor were you using for 120hz?

Offline ThisGuy

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: IIxxThisGuyxxII
  • PSN ID: IIThisGuyII
« Reply #14 on: 07:29 AM - 09/05/19 »
I use my Xbox one X with an acer xg270hu(was first gaming monitor I bought for my pc , glad it has freesync as my predator has gsync) at 1440p and 120hz support with freesync. It actually runs very well I have no issues. Where I can really see it in action is with R6S in t-hunt, because turning off v-sync let’s it hit over 60hz and it starts looking closer to its pc counterpart. Not sure of any other games that you can look at that for sure hit over 60hz but with this monitor I experience no issues running all of that.
SteelSeries Rival 650-Azeron Gamepad-Xbox One X-PS4 Pro