XIM Community

Same 360 per cm sens feels different on different games  (Read 474 times)

Offline Reushine

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Apexhunter
I have noticed my sens varies on every other games, i measure my sens mostly by 360 per cm on most games . Every game i find myself comfortable to a sens far different from the other ones . On call of duty black ops for example i had a ads sens around 40cm, while on destiny when i adjust my sens around that , my sens feels terrible
« Last Edit: 07:26 AM - 09/02/19 by Reushine »

Offline TSARGA

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: SkubaniecTSARGA
Re: Same 360 per cm sens feels different on different games
« Reply #1 on: 08:58 AM - 09/02/19 »
cm per 360 isn't a good method, measure it in cm per FOV instead.

Set an ads sensitivity that allows me to move to the edge of my screen perfectly in one swipe from the center of the mousepad to the edge..

This basically makes your mousepad a reflection of your monitor

Move from the right edge of your field of view to the left edge, set your sensitivity to get the same cm for each scope/game. This is going to make your feel consistent.

Offline Reushine

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09:17 AM - 09/02/19 »
Thereís no FOV for games like destiny 2

Offline TSARGA

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: SkubaniecTSARGA
« Reply #3 on: 10:08 AM - 09/02/19 »
You don't need an FOV slider for this method.

Just set your sensitivity so that the camera always moves the same on-screen distance per cm.

Offline Reushine

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11:07 AM - 09/02/19 »
Thanks for the help, sorry but kind of new to all this . Just to clear up , what i did was to measure the distance from left end of the screen to the right end and apply the same distance to the game req by adjusting sens. Is that it ?

Offline dpk_ydv

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: B2uT3_f02c3
« Reply #5 on: 11:52 AM - 09/02/19 »
Also different games have different look mechanics. Many games like 'The Division' have a HEAVY feeling and are not so responsive, it also has some input lag. In such cases even the same sensitivity will give a different feel in different games.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #6 on: 03:12 PM - 09/02/19 »
Console game look mechanics are velocity-based, PC games use distance. Console game devs set different max turn speeds per game, hence the variability.

360 is fine to use as a sensitivity baseline, but your XIM APEX Manager sensitivity values will vary per game.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Reushine

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05:29 PM - 09/02/19 »
So , higher fovís sens that i was using , if i decide to convert it to any other game , i just have to take 360 sens?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #8 on: 12:12 AM - 09/03/19 »
You have to adjust sensitivity per-game based on the 360 turn within the constraints of that specific game's turn speed.

For example, Apex Legends and Fortnite have fast turn speeds and a 360 may be possible within a few centimetres. However, a game like Destiny will turn like a battleship by comparison and will have a much higher XIM sensitivity value to perform a 360.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Reushine

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 01:54 AM - 09/03/19 »
So , is it possible to have a consistent aim while playing games like destiny 2 and fortnite?  I have a consistent aim across all the games mostly except destiny which as u said is because of the sluggishness of the game itself.

Offline idkwtf

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 02:56 AM - 09/03/19 »
If you want the same sens and feel across games you'll have to start with game that has bad turn speed first. It might better to just use different sensitivities to be honest.