XIM Community

About Sync OFF jittering  (Read 1091 times)

Offline playlogitech

• View Profile
About Sync OFF jittering
« on: 03:21 AM - 09/02/19 »
Okay, we blaming our mouses and mouse pads, BUT

I just compared xim apex SYNC OFF in destiny 2 on ps4 pro and on pc via same dualshock 4(trust me, there is absolutelly same game experience if u lock your fps at 30 and make fov 75.

So , about results:
- ps4 pro: jittering with sync off, so you have to add smoothing 3 or 4
- pc: no jitter at all, same controller, same game, same xim ST

So what is the xim apex purpose then? Obviously, ps4 cannot handle 1ms input.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Re: About Sync OFF jittering
« Reply #1 on: 03:25 AM - 09/02/19 »
PC is better able to handle 1000Hz input. The polling rate of both XB1 and PS4 to their USB ports is 250Hz.

I reckon jitter is more of an issue on Xbox One than PS4. Bluetooth input via a DS4 is apparently 800Hz.

If jitter is a problem, use 500Hz - it's barely (if at all) distinguishable from 1000Hz in terms of mouse tracking. The reason to use 1000Hz is for less Aim Assist.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline playlogitech

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03:43 AM - 09/02/19 »
use 500Hz

set 500 hz, sync off, smoothing 0
then move your mouse slow as you can to the right or left
you will see jitter again, not that noticeable, but it still there

Offline idkwtf

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04:02 AM - 09/02/19 »
use 500Hz

The higher you set your dpi the less jitter you get with sync off. I'm not sure exactly why that is and I would love to know myself, but there's certain things I just can't seem to get answered by the creator. For whatever reasons it seems the xim prefers you feed it high dpi.

Offline Bb4life1991

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: YT Boogeyman
« Reply #4 on: 06:03 AM - 09/02/19 »
use 500Hz

The higher you set your dpi the less jitter you get with sync off. I'm not sure exactly why that is and I would love to know myself, but there's certain things I just can't seem to get answered by the creator. For whatever reasons it seems the xim prefers you feed it high dpi.

yup this is true if sync off and end up needing a high sensitivity in the xim app you will have jitter just crank up dpi and jitter is gone

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06:34 AM - 09/02/19 »
Jitter or stutter?

Jitter by definition - Slight irregular movement, variation, or unsteadiness.

Stutter by definition - Involuntary disruption or blocking.

So which is it? Does your mouse feel Super Sensitive aka Jitter?

Or

Does your mouse feel unresponsive or has breaks in movements  aka Stutter?

Iím not trying to be sarcastic, thereís a lot of confusion around here between the two. Itís important to distinguish in order to help correct the issue.
« Last Edit: 06:42 AM - 09/02/19 by RML »

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04:59 PM - 09/03/19 »
I have said it plenty of times but I never experience this jitter everyone speaks of if I choose to use off sync with dpi values of 3000 and above. I only see it when I go below that.
The Xim is not a magical tool that is going to make you a god. Time, effort and perseverance is what will take your gaming to the next level.

[Ps4] [Sony Nav] [T9 Gamepad] [Logitech G502 Proteus] [Dpi's: 12,000, 3200, 4000, 2400] [Syncs: Off and Common]

Offline Gamer4life

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05:58 PM - 09/03/19 »
use 500Hz

Game mice sensors use smoothing and other processes internally past a certain dpi which is why most people donít feel the stutter at high dpi values. I have heard from other sources that it could be mouse pad or mouse etc. however, in my opinion,  off sync on Xbox needs smoothing of some sort whether it be internally by the mouse or the xim manager. To me this is a xim issue when running 1000hz and off sync not something external.

Offline Feel

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 06:07 PM - 09/03/19 »
Would 1-3 smoothing affect aiming with off sync at 12k dpi or do you have to use higher values? I get horrible stutter on Xbox one x with off sync unless I use 1000 hz on the mouse and 500 hz on the app but I like how aim assist behaves with 1000 on the app. So would low values like that affect any micro aiming or aiming in general?

Offline Bb4life1991

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: YT Boogeyman
« Reply #9 on: 11:09 PM - 09/03/19 »
Would 1-3 smoothing affect aiming with off sync at 12k dpi or do you have to use higher values? I get horrible stutter on Xbox one x with off sync unless I use 1000 hz on the mouse and 500 hz on the app but I like how aim assist behaves with 1000 on the app. So would low values like that affect any micro aiming or aiming in general?

thats weird with 12k dpi you shouldnt get it

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #10 on: 02:00 AM - 09/04/19 »
To me this is a xim issue when running 1000hz and off sync not something external.
It's a console rather than a XIM issue, they simple aren't designed for 1000Hz input. Xbox One has more of a problem than PS4 due to an OS issue with 1000Hz input while chatting, hence Audio Compatibility Mode (try 500Hz instead).

XIM gives us the option to use 1000Hz because only some of us get jitter, many don't. Sync was added post-release as an easy way to combat the jitter that the alpha team didn't experience (we tested XIM APEX for 10-12 months before launch).

When the sample size increases from ten to thousands overnight, unexpected things are going to pop up. Once the 1000Hz genie was out of the bottle, it couldn't be put back in. Thankfully we have simple solutions, without adversely affecting mouse performance.

Jitter can also be due to mouse sensor, pad, cleanliness, wireless interference, battery charge etc, so it can be difficult to pin down the exact cause.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline RML

• MVP
  • Live Different
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 05:52 AM - 09/04/19 »
Jitter or stutter?

Jitter by definition - Slight irregular movement, variation, or unsteadiness.

Stutter by definition - Involuntary disruption or blocking.

So which is it? Does your mouse feel Super Sensitive aka Jitter?

Or

Does your mouse feel unresponsive or has breaks in movements  aka Stutter?

Iím not trying to be sarcastic, thereís a lot of confusion around here between the two. Itís important to distinguish in order to help correct the issue.

Admin