XIM Community

[BAN Risk] Call Of Duty New Modern Warfare  (Read 5832 times)

Offline zkyo

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: z_KyO-
[BAN Risk] Call Of Duty New Modern Warfare
« on: 03:32 PM - 08/30/19 »
Hey guys, I just read on Charlie Intel the new answers of IW on cross plataform game. One of the topics is saying that theyre working on a way to shut down XIM devices since they are recognize as controllers not MK. I have only 2 fingers om my left hand and thats why I play on keyboard on ps4. I need to know: if they do this, would be a firmware to correct that? I dont want to find PC lobbies

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: [BAN Risk] Call Of Duty New Modern Warfare
« Reply #1 on: 04:03 PM - 08/30/19 »
Welcome to the community. This was brought up in another post as well. Thank you for letting us know about your situation. I think their argument would be that you should be using their new native mouse/keyboard support if it is required for ability to game. That said, we will always do all we can to make sure this sort of thing doesn't happen. People still want to be able to game with their controller friends who do not want to be placed in lobbies with native mouse and keyboard users. Even if you wanted to be in mixed lobbies, I can't see them being populated.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline DieInputLag

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01:13 AM - 08/31/19 »
Glad you guys are aware of the situation. Looks like the devs for Modern Warfare are going to try and block your device.

I know Fortnite tried this, and you guys were able to find a workout. Do you think you will be able to do the same this time around? Iím not sure what methods the devs have at this point, other than looking for digital like movement of the WASD.

Hopefully you guys are prepared for whatever they throw at you! Thanks for all the hard work!

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #3 on: 09:11 AM - 08/31/19 »
As we've talked about before, the bar is very high on false positives as to not to detect things incorrectly. It needs to be 0 which, given the massive player base on radically different styles of play, it is literally impossible to hit that bar.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #4 on: 05:15 PM - 08/31/19 »
I just dont see this be a big enough priority for Activision to even assign 1 single full time developer for this specific topic, let alone multiple developers. If it doesnt make them more money or if it doesnt prevent them from earning more money, I dont see why they would care.
Nailed it. If Activision doesn't spend the money on a decent network infrastructure to keep the playerbase interested beyond a month-long launch window, they're not spending a dime on detecting digital input. Talk is cheap, action costs money and Activision is all about the bottom line.

Besides, Hori Tac Pro is a licenced m/kb adapter on both PS4 and XB1. That alone is enough of a deterrent for the devs to put up a big "Nope" sign and walk away.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline RML

• MVP
  • AKA "KO" - PUBG Shield [ON]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05:17 PM - 08/31/19 »
If they really were concerned about this, donít you think they would start by banning popular You tubers that admittedly use Xim?

Seems like an easy win for them donít ya think?

Yet, no one to this day has ever been banned for using a Xim.

Hell.. even OBsIVs never been banned!  :P
« Last Edit: 05:21 PM - 08/31/19 by RML »

Offline Santigold

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05:40 PM - 08/31/19 »
Very good point with the network- BO3 servers were complete and utter garbage after just a few weeks of release, same for BO4. They probably overload every single hosting server with hosting way more lobbies than the ideal number would be. They cut corners and go "cheap mode" on anything and everything.

I wanna see somebody try to explain to Activision managers how KBM users in pubs negatively affect the microtransaction revenues or anything like that, in order to get green light from Activision to assign 1 or more full time employees to analyze the characteristics of 15 different KBM adapters on the market. I picture a couple of Activision managers in suits laugh out loud at that particular guy in the meeting room and kick his a55 out of the room so that the guy flies straight out of the building.

I saw a guy here on the forums claim that he is working on methods to detect KBM adapters. I mean lets assume he really is and they come up with something half axxed, why would Activision or any other company pay them for this software, if it will probably take 1 day for all the KBM adapters to patch/circumvent this crap? And then there will start a cat/mouse "game" etc. WHY would they continuously pay someone for this crap that will be circumvented within 1 day anyways?

Again it doesnt make or lose them any money, so why even care? That same dev could design a new map or create some hats (microtransaction content), that could then be monetized, which has 1 million times more impact on $ revenue than creating a software that detects KBM adapters.

What that dev said in the interview is most likely to silence a few Reddit morons who b###h about it occasionally, it wont hold much weight though. We have seen other devs mention it, I think it was on Overwatch forums. At the end of the day nothing happened. I mean some devs might be oppinionated on this topic and share their personal view somewhere in an interview or a forum, however if it reall gets "greenlighted" by the Publisher is a compeltely different story. And so far it hasnt, not 1 single time.

Other than that, this years MW is taking a very casual approach. And who really cares about KBM users in a very casual pubs environment? There is nothing to win there or lose. So why even care?

I only see a very small vocal minority b... about it, compared to the rest of the playerbase, casual players who dont actually care wth is going on in the game and who just want to shoot at something, that small vocal minority is completely irrelevant. You think Activision will spend 1 dollar to make those few morons on Reddit happy? As if they dont have more important things to care about (like f. e. figuring new ways out to make more money through microtransactions).
« Last Edit: 05:54 PM - 08/31/19 by Santigold »

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01:15 AM - 09/01/19 »
I'm not worried. We're basically using controllers being that the xim has to have a controller plugged in to be usable. I don't see how they could ban xim users without banning a bunch of controller users. It's not something worth putting time into. They'd be getting so many call and losing tons of money via refunds from controllers users returning the game a day after launch because they got banned.
The Xim is not a magical tool that is going to make you a god. Time, effort and perseverance is what will take your gaming to the next level.

[Ps4] [Sony Nav] [T9 Gamepad] [Logitech G502 Proteus] [Dpi's: 12,000, 3200, 4000, 2400] [Syncs: Off and Common]

Offline CowardlyUsingMouse

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11:00 AM - 09/07/19 »
There is no argument you need to develop the XIM on Modern warfare as even id you have friends playing controller and you play with a native mouse, the game will send you in a lobby with mixed controller and mouse and keyboard, the only argument here is you still need to get into controller lobbies to waste them with your advantage, yes it doesnt make you god but I invite you to plug a Xbox Controller while playing Call of Duty on PC to see if you're not getting wasted. I hope they will block this because this is cancer as you make even people getting paranoid about this and getting salty even if they get killed by controller players, how to ruin community from the inside

Offline Jister

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11:05 AM - 09/07/19 »
Why not if they can detect it, completely turn off aim assist and lock it out

If thetcsn detect, why not cronus and all the scripts as well?

Offline WarCat

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 12:04 PM - 09/07/19 »
There is no argument you need to develop the XIM on Modern warfare as even id you have friends playing controller and you play with a native mouse, the game will send you in a lobby with mixed controller and mouse and keyboard, the only argument here is you still need to get into controller lobbies to waste them with your advantage, yes it doesnt make you god but I invite you to plug a Xbox Controller while playing Call of Duty on PC to see if you're not getting wasted. I hope they will block this because this is cancer as you make even people getting paranoid about this and getting salty even if they get killed by controller players, how to ruin community from the inside

People look for anything to blame their own deficiencies on. It was either lag, bufferbloat, hackers, modded controllers, a glare on their screen because of solar flares or lunar displacency, and the XIM. All of which are equally ridiculous. Work on yourself rather than just blaming others

PS, if you think XIM is so OP, get one and see if you still believe that. Chances are you went against a player who was simply more skilled than you, XIM or not.

Offline Santigold

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 12:20 PM - 09/07/19 »
you make even people getting paranoid about this and getting salty even if they get killed by controller players, how to ruin community from the inside

Dont worry too much about that, as people would complain about something anyways, even if xim didnt exist.

They would complain about the guy that is using a Scuf Controller for 150 USD and is able to jumpshot/dropshot while aiming precisely, thanks to the backpedals; or someone with a 350 USD headset and Amp who is soundwh0ring like a pro; or someone who is using KontrolFreeks thumbstick attachments to be able to aim more precisely; or someone who is using an expensive 120Hz monitor on Xbox X to have lower inputlag; or someone who is playing on a 4K monitor with Xbox X and can see enemies and the environment better due to significantly higher resolution while the complaining person is still playing on a 1954 TV; or this or that...

See- if you spend more money than the average person on the enhancements- you can gain a significant advantage, things that Ive mentioned above. But since playing Pubs in COD is a casual activity, you can win no prizes or anything like that, there is little incentive for devs or anyone else to take steps against KBM adapters like XIM or T2.

If I didnt have the XIM, I would definitely have to spend 150 USD on a controller like Xbox Elite controller or something similar for the PS4, in order to not get wrecked by all these Scuf/Elite controller kids who jumpshot/dropshot left and right, simply because having backpedals is a significant advantage over the default controllers on xb1/ps4. Trigger stoppers in those controllers are a significant advantage too, since you can tap them faster and shot bolt action weapons faster, adjustable thumbstick height and DZ allows for more precise and faster/more optimized aiming.

Gamers today take competitive online games way too seriously, even when playing pubs in COD, most especially in competitive game modes like R6, Overwatch, Apex, Fortnite etc. Nowadays nobody could compete in those modes/games, if you play on a 10 year old TV using TV speakers, standard controller, standard consoles (non pro/non X) with fps drops and low resolution etc.

So if youre serious about doing good online, you have to spend a sigificant ammount of money for all the gear. Which brings us to the main point- xim only costs 100 dollars and it is a more intuitive/ergonomical way to play fps games. It doesnt mean necessarily that you will do better, but you can play for longer periods of time without pain in arms/hands etc. and wont get tired as fast probably. Naturally- ppl who are kinda competitive in their nature, even if it is just a pubs mode in COD, will spend money for all the enhancement devices and also buy the xim and try it.

Essentially, you can buy it yourself for just 100 dollars and see how much better or worse you will do in COD. The fact of the matter is- if you cant beat them, join them; there is no other viable alternative to that in 99.9999% of scenarios.

I have a theory that only morrons complain about xim who are bad with Keyboard and Mouse but average with the controller (some of them might even tried to play with xim/t2/cm but essentially sucked), BUT there are some amazing KBM players out there. And so because these clowns suck with KBM, they want everyone to move back to the trash method with a controller, where these clowns would feel better about themselves beeing average/slightly above average with the controller.

But thats not how it works and just wishful thinking. Getting down to the lower denominator is nonsense when an ergonomically superiour and more intuitive input method exists.

It is like someone beeing a good driver of 1950s racing cars, but cant adapt to Formula 1 vehicles and compete with that and whining to the F1 comission to go back to 1950s racing cars, so that they will have a chance at competing.

The competition will not step down to the lower denominator, just to give a whiny moron better chances at competing.
« Last Edit: 12:31 PM - 09/07/19 by Santigold »

Offline Santigold

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 12:49 PM - 09/07/19 »
(had to split the post in 2 parts due to lenght limits :D)

Thats how it works today, you want to do exceptionally well in an online game like Fortnite, Overwatch, Apex, COD, etc. playing pubs or even ranked (even though there is nothing to gain from that tbh- you cant win anything), then you have to drop some serious cash and get all the advanced gear-> fast monitor, good headset + amp, preferably pro/xbox x console for higher resolution and better framerates and either an Elite controller or XIM. If youre someone who cares alot about how you get killed in a competitive fps online game, but dont own any of the mentioned devices, youre the one to blame. It could be a skilled Elite Controller user, it could be a skilled xim user- doesnt really matter, both offer more intuitive/ergonomical input methods compared to standard controller and have a few individual "ease of life" advantages which are great to have, but are not op in any form.

I mean lets look at reality here- there have been trillions of complaining posts by some moronic clowns on Forums/Reddit etc. What did it change in that reguard? Nothing. If it was that OP as these clown like to pretend it is, developers and Sony/MS sure have acted on that matter already. But they didnt, which is why posting more and more about that is a complete waste of time.

So even if they remove KBM adapters, what is next? Lets ban Elite/Scuf controllers, because some whiny nerd who lives in his parent's basement cant afford to buy a scuf/elite controller? After that lets ban enhanced console versions and 4k monitors/tvs, since they have higher resolution and allow to see enemies from further distance?

Other than that- these morons that complain about KBM adapters, chances are- ppl who wrecked them online, would also wreck them using exactly same peripherals and hardware as these clowns are using, simply because they are better players.
« Last Edit: 12:56 PM - 09/07/19 by Santigold »

Offline RML

• MVP
  • AKA "KO" - PUBG Shield [ON]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 03:05 PM - 09/07/19 »
@#$%... well said Santi, well said.

Offline CowardlyUsingMouse

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 01:23 AM - 09/08/19 »
Yeah yeah guys, I understand, bigger TVs exists, steering wheel exists (totally not giving an advantage on gamepad because of the reaction time), 300 dollars headset exists (that doesnt give you ears either)

But in this game, you just can plug a 10 dollar keyboard and a 10 dollars mouse to play so whats the point if it's not about keeping an advantage against gamepad players and by the way is violating the rules of conduct of the future game ?

I could buy one of these sure, but I think plug a common keyboard and a mouse is wiser than spending 150 euros on a USB key and a phone app, sorry guys, not the lack of money as I work in a public state enterprise (you know, the job seat for life and everything) That is clearly not worth the spending.

And if you still dont see where the disadvantage is, just check on 2006 Quake 3 Arena that enabled crossplay between Dreamcast players and PC players, these poor gamepad players were getting wasted for real and this kind of crossplay never happened after.