XIM Community

Cannot update to latest stable firmware after using beta firmware 5.00.20190320  (Read 801 times)

Offline OGWIFI

• View Profile
EDIT: After trying the update on a 4th computer it worked normally with no errors and my XIM is back to normal!

I am trying to update the firmware on my xim apex using the 5.00.20190719 PC firmware update tool, but I run into the same error each time:

"Failure connecting to XIM APEX.
Please be sure your XIM APEX is connected to your PC without any devices attached to it and it is displaying a solid blue light."

The device is displaying the blue light, it turns blue immediately when plugging it in while holding the button, but I still get this error. I have tried 3 different computers but it is the same problem on each one.

I have updated the firmware on this device in the past so I understand the process, but it seems like I am running into some weird problem now after using the old beta firmware.

Would anyone have any idea how to resolve this so I can get my xim features back?

My manager version is: 5.00.20190804 on iOS and my current xim firmware version is: 5.00.20190320

Thank you for your time.
« Last Edit: 11:35 AM - 11/02/19 by OGWIFI »

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
Welcome to the forums.

Are you connecting to a USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 computer port? Try USB 2.0, 3.0 can have problems with 2.0 devices.

It may be something else, but it's a starting point.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline OGWIFI

• View Profile
Thanks for the suggestion, I have tried both 2.0 and 3.0 USB ports on different computers and my xim is still not being recognized unfortunately.

Admin