XIM Community

Microsoft Classic Intellimouse  (Read 160 times)

Offline marvelouslie

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: xmarvlouslie
Microsoft Classic Intellimouse
« on: 07:43 PM - 08/29/19 »
I'm most likely going to be picking up this mouse in the next month or so and was curious if anyone has it and has confirmed it working with the Apex. I kinda don't want to blow my budget on just a mouse, 'cause I'm only going to be using basic default settings with it. $20-$30 bucks is about all I can spend on a new mouse atm.

https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-HDQ-00001-Classic-Intellimouse/dp/B076C75X1T/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_147_t_0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=WV7TA61JKH9Y6B9RCC61

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Microsoft Classic Intellimouse
« Reply #1 on: 09:36 PM - 08/29/19 »
I didn't know a mouse like this existed -- especially with 3200dpi. It should work fine, but, it's a good idea like you are doing to check for feedback on it.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline marvelouslie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10:41 PM - 08/29/19 »
I didn't know a mouse like this existed -- especially with 3200dpi. It should work fine, but, it's a good idea like you are doing to check for feedback on it.

Well, it's a just a basic driver-less run of the mill mouse, so I don't see why it shouldn't be supported, considering the classic Intellimouse 3.0 is supported and this is apparently just a refresh (likely a new sensor) of the older model, but I still wanted to make sure, since I have a Razer Lycosa keyboard I KNOW is supported. I just don't have the extra money to spend on a $60 mouse, while spending the $117 for the XIM in December for me.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #3 on: 11:27 PM - 08/29/19 »
It should work, however for the money, I'd go with a Logitech G102 or G203 without hesitation. It's every bit as good on an APEX as mice 10 times the price.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline marvelouslie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12:52 PM - 08/30/19 »
It should work, however for the money, I'd go with a Logitech G102 or G203 without hesitation. It's every bit as good on an APEX as mice 10 times the price.

What does the G203's color default to when plugged in? 'Cause if it's that rainbow wave RGB nonsense, I don't really like all that and would find it too distracting.

Offline marvelouslie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01:01 PM - 08/30/19 »

I should note that I have an Anywhere MX 2 wireless mouse and noticed that the original Anywhere MX is supported. Would there be any issues with connecting the Anywhere MX 2? It's basically the same mouse with maybe a different sensor and a rechargeable battery in it instead of it using AA's. I have it connected to my laptop via Bluetooth which frees up the wireless dongle. If I find out this is supported, I might not even have to get a new mouse at all.

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #6 on: 02:14 PM - 08/30/19 »
What does the G203's color default to when plugged in? 'Cause if it's that rainbow wave RGB nonsense, I don't really like all that and would find it too distracting.
Possibly the rainbow, but RGB is easily edited or removed entirely via Logitech Gaming Software on PC or Mac. My 4 kids have these mice and have them set to personal preference.

I should note that I have an Anywhere MX 2 wireless mouse and noticed that the original Anywhere MX is supported. Would there be any issues with connecting the Anywhere MX 2? It's basically the same mouse with maybe a different sensor and a rechargeable battery in it instead of it using AA's. I have it connected to my laptop via Bluetooth which frees up the wireless dongle. If I find out this is supported, I might not even have to get a new mouse at all.
I could be wrong, but I don't think Bluetooth mice & keyboards are supported. Confirmation from OBsIV, mist or Od1n would be great, so I'm not giving people the wrong information.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10:13 PM - 08/30/19 »
if your mouse and keyboard use a usb dongle then yes, it should work if you connect it to the xim unless it requires special drivers. in that case you could run xim link through your laptop though.
overall desktop wireless devices usually run 125-250hz so if your xim manager gives you a warning that your devices are polled on a lower frequency then make sure to adjust your xim polling rate in the global settings of your xim manager.
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay