XIM Community

Headset to use with ps4  (Read 1853 times)

Offline lunatik

• View Profile
Re: Headset to use with ps4
« Reply #15 on: 05:30 AM - 05/20/20 »
thanks all for the replies!  I know this thread is under the xim4 section, but i have since purchased a Apex.  I've been attempting to get my turtle beach x12 that i had for my 360 to work, but no luck so far.  i can hear all audio, but the microphone doesn't pick up anything.

I'm not sure if ya'll have an Apex, but will the Phillips and Coolermasters work with the Apex rather seamlessly?

thanks again :)

Rich

Offline SixShooter

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 09:55 PM - 05/20/20 »
I've paired the MH752 with my PC and PS4 with both the usb connector and also the with the 3.5mm jack on the controller.  I don't think the ps4 3.5mm jack will work with the xim4 but will with the apex.

On my xbox, it will only work with the 3.5mm jack but it works fine.  Xbox doesn't allow audio via usb.  They are claiming they will allow it next gen.  I'm using the xim apex.

Offline lunatik

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 08:34 AM - 05/31/20 »
I ordered the MH752痴!  I hope the microphone works with the Apex and I知 hoping that I can hear footsteps etc really easily.  It値l be here soon, I値l let you know how it goes!

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 10:05 AM - 05/31/20 »
coolermaster mh752's.  You can use the included usb sound card or plug it into your controller.  The mh752's are takstar pro 82's which are great for audio and the audio and mic are better than my expensive headsets.  This is a very under priced headset for what you get.
Yeah that one is a very good deal and value.

Offline lunatik

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 01:29 PM - 05/31/20 »
Ok, apparently I知 not that bright lol. How do I hook these up to my PS4 and Apex?  I have the usb plugged into the PS4 which then goes to the DAC controller. From there I have the 3.5 mm  cable that can plug into the controller but now there痴 nothing to plug into the actual headset.  Like I said, it seems that I知 not that bright and I知 missing something!

Thanks all in advance

Rich

Offline alanmcgregor

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 08:20 PM - 05/31/20 »
PS4 <- USB DAC<- 3.5mm headset Input

PS4 <- another USB port <- XIM Apex

Offline lunatik

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 06:51 PM - 06/01/20 »
perfecto!!  thanks for the help, i was definitely over thinking it.

Sixshooter, the headset works great and the mic works! woo hoo!!  thanks a million for the recommendation!

Rich

Admin