XIM Community

iOS xim manager 20190804 showing incorrect inputs  (Read 374 times)

Offline year0

• Still, if YOU believe it helps YOU play better, tf
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: year0
On screen the manager constantly shows R1 being inputted even though itís not, and the xim works mostly ok Iím game, however it isnít registering new keybinds and a couple of existing ones donít work

EDIT- actually it seems to be my ds4 itself??

Does a faulty button on the ds4 effect the xim?

2nd EDIT- Ok, I ended up solving the issue, but I thought Iíd update this for anyone who has the same problem. What was happening is that the Right bumper/R1 was stuck on. And not the physical button itself.  It can be hard to diagnose just using the PlayStation itself, or even games, because it was just ignoring the input for some reason. But I couldnít use the R1 function.

Solution?  I pulled the controller apart cleaned everything, make sure the buttons were all happy but no luck.  It must have broken at a level that Iím not able to fix it.. so  are used a pair of scissors and snapped the Flexi track that connects the R1 shoulder button, as the controller was useless now anyway, and with a new one being close to AU$100 (and even cheap ones $50) I didnít have the money atm and I wanna play NOW lol.

When I plugged it back into the xim it was all good.  So thank you xim for saving me money
« Last Edit: 12:08 AM - 08/29/19 by year0 »
If you believe it gives you an edge, then it does.
That's why I game 100% nude in a climate controlled room. Clothes are only going to slow you down.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: iOS xim manager 20190804 showing incorrect inputs
« Reply #1 on: 10:13 AM - 08/29/19 »
Thanks for letting everyone know about the solution to the problem you were hitting. Hardware failures like this are always difficult to find (and solve).
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.