XIM Community

Do I need to use MAX DPI?  (Read 2386 times)

Offline Jamesbone

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: FlexNup
  • PSN ID: Flexnitup
Re: Do I need to use MAX DPI?
« Reply #15 on: 02:14 AM - 08/27/19 »
I know people will disagree lol but ive used so many different DPI settings 800, 3200, 4000,6000, 8000, 12000, 16000

And they all feel good once you fine turn your xim settings in the manager.  I don't really see DPI on console being a big deal to be honest

Offline cryrese

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: ianj194111
« Reply #16 on: 08:44 AM - 08/27/19 »
I know people will disagree lol but ive used so many different DPI settings 800, 3200, 4000,6000, 8000, 12000, 16000

And they all feel good once you fine turn your xim settings in the manager.  I don't really see DPI on console being a big deal to be honest

800 dpi is the perfect dpi, it works with the aim assist the best, any lower will give you jitter or pixel skipping, and going higher gives you negative acceleration, 3200 is like the only exception tho, but id still prefer 800

Offline RML

• MVP
  • AKA "KO" - PUBG Shield [ON]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 09:07 AM - 08/27/19 »

For the most part this is a fair assessment when it comes to XIM and DPI. There are subtle differences that some may or may not notice though. It really comes down to how anal you are about settings. I personally can tell the difference in responsiveness and Aim Assist management with 12,000 dpi when compared to lower dpi settings. Regardless of how much it actually impacts your game, I've made my finding clear in other threads. I've also pointed out that I'm anal so that in itself should tell you something. If you're not anal, pick one and go with it. It really is as simple as that.

800 dpi is the perfect dpi, it works with the aim assist the best, any lower will give you jitter or pixel skipping, and going higher gives you negative acceleration, 3200 is like the only exception tho, but id still prefer 800

This is not an accurate statement IMO, especially when it comes to XIM. This sounds like it came straight out of the outdated, "How to be a pro PC FPS gamer manual."  Top notch sensors these days don't really care how high you crank up the DPI, especially with Logitech mice. But even when it comes to PC these days, the "optimal" DPI is closer to 1,800 for most players with most mice. And that's just to cover the bases of mice with lessor sensors that do introduce interpolation for higher DPI values beginning around the 2,000 range.

What works best with Aim Assist is a vague statement in itself. What works best for you, may not be the same as what works best for me. I'm not trying to pick on you, but you'll have to be more specific there.

Admin