XIM Community

Xim flashing RED when swiping mouse too quickly  (Read 791 times)

Offline ziv

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Im Ziv
Xim flashing RED when swiping mouse too quickly
« on: 07:39 PM - 08/26/19 »
Anyone's xim flashing red with the g502 Hero when you try to swipe your mouse for a flick shot? I have my in game sens on max. I just switched from the g502 proteus and im using the exact same dpi but i get those red flashes now when i swipe my mouse too quickly. This wasnt a problem with the previous g502 proteus. Anyone else have same issue or know how to fix this?

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Xim flashing RED when swiping mouse too quickly
« Reply #1 on: 10:17 PM - 08/26/19 »
It's letting you know that you are exceeding the turn speed cap. You can turn it off or slow your mouse movements.
The Xim is not a magical tool that is going to make you a god. Time, effort and perseverance is what will take your gaming to the next level.

[Ps4] [Sony Nav] [T9 Gamepad] [Logitech G502 Proteus] [Dpi's: 12,000, 3200, 4000, 2400] [Syncs: Off and Common]

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #2 on: 11:30 PM - 08/26/19 »
As above, it's by design to let you know you're moving the mouse faster than the max turn speed for the game. You get less movement than moving your hand slightly slower than the red light.

Console games use velocity-based look mechanics whereby stick position in the well determines turn speed. PC games however are distanced-based whereby mouse position on a pad is independent of turn speed and there is no turn speed limit on PC.

You get used to it. Just know that flick shots aren't really a thing on console because of different look mechanics.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline year0

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02:24 AM - 08/27/19 »
I often hit the cap turning, but it doesn't cause me too much of a problem.. but when it hits, is there a cool-down or any negative penalty for doing so?
Like, could I turn faster by not hitting it at all?
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
« Reply #4 on: 02:45 AM - 08/27/19 »
When you hit the turn speed cap while moving your hand quickly for a flick shot, mouse input is registered at max speed for only a short amount of time, resulting is less movement on-screen.

Moving slightly below or at the max speed limit means you're hitting max turn speed for longer, resulting in more movement on-screen.

As long as what you're doing feels comfortable and predictable, it's fine to ignore or turn off the turn speed indicator.

Official Australian distributor for
XIM NEXUS, XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM APEX demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01:25 PM - 08/27/19 »
I've taken my default curve and lowered it below the line to 90 instead of 100 and it limits the turn speed so that you don't hit the cap. I played this way for a year and came to realize that it was doing me more harm than good. So i went back to 100 and turned off the turn speed indicator. Everything works as it should now.
The Xim is not a magical tool that is going to make you a god. Time, effort and perseverance is what will take your gaming to the next level.

[Ps4] [Sony Nav] [T9 Gamepad] [Logitech G502 Proteus] [Dpi's: 12,000, 3200, 4000, 2400] [Syncs: Off and Common]

Offline ziv

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01:52 PM - 08/27/19 »
guys i understand completely why its flashing red. i dont understand how i am using the exact same dpi as i was using on my g502 proteus (4k). The new g502 hero is somehow messing up and im literally using the same dpi...

Offline Ivtaher

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Shhdhdhdhd
  • PSN ID: Bdhdhdjjddj
« Reply #7 on: 05:49 PM - 08/27/19 »
Is it a bad thing? And how do i turn the indicator off

Offline Lucifalic

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Lucifalic
« Reply #8 on: 07:12 AM - 08/28/19 »
When you open your manager and choose your profile for the game click the three dots on the main page. They are you will see the setting and you can just turn it off there

Offline RML

• MVP
  • AKA "KO" - PUBG Shield [ON]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 07:25 AM - 08/28/19 »
Iíve never played a game without flashing reds. IMO, if youíre not flashing youíre not doing something right. You want to hit the cap and get your full turn speed. As long as it doesnít feel like youíre hand movements arenít  matching screen movements, itís all good

Offline Lucifalic

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 07:56 AM - 08/28/19 »
I definitely hit my turn limit and I have my sensitivity set to do so. I turn it off simply because the flashing red is annoying. But a great feature added to turn it off

Offline ziv

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 12:44 PM - 08/28/19 »
how do you make sure your always at the cap sense?

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 05:15 PM - 08/28/19 »
how do you make sure your always at the cap sense?
By moving your mouse slow. But that is impossible when you get surprised or ambushed.

Offline Lucifalic

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 04:15 AM - 08/29/19 »
I lower my sense so regular movements arenít quite hitting it but my fast movements do. But I aim with my arm so I can get away with it. If your not noticing any major slowdown though itís fine. 

Admin