XIM Community

Would SAB make someone harder to shoot opposed to someone with 0 SAB?  (Read 185 times)

Offline Rrerbacam

• View Profile
Just wondering if SAB has an effect on making yourself as a target any less or more harder to hit.

Thanks

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
SAB slows down strafing change of direction speed. Not using SAB would make you a harder target.

SAB's purpose is to obfuscate XIM against digital input detection. It has an effect on rotational / left-stick AA, which is why we use it, but that's not what it is designed to do.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts

Online slickrick

• View Profile
maybe, I dont use it because I'm a navy user. from my understanding when you add sab it adds input delay, I would think with no input delay you might be harder to hit when straffing.

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: S1xShooting007
maybe, I dont use it because I'm a navy user. from my understanding when you add sab it adds input delay, I would think with no input delay you might be harder to hit when straffing.
This is correct. There is no purpose in using SAB with the nav.
The Xim is not a magical tool that is going to make you a god. Time, effort and perseverance is what will take your gaming to the next level.

[Ps4] [Sony Nav] [T9 Gamepad] [Logitech G502 Proteus] [Dpi's: 12,000, 3200, 4000, 2400] [Syncs: Off and Common]

Offline GamingNerd

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: S1xShooting007
SAB slows down strafing change of direction speed. Not using SAB would make you a harder target.

SAB's purpose is to obfuscate XIM against digital input detection. It has an effect on rotational / left-stick AA, which is why we use it, but that's not what it is designed to do.
This is even more useful information. I kinda had an idea that it was doing this but I wasn't sure. Thanks for confirming.
The Xim is not a magical tool that is going to make you a god. Time, effort and perseverance is what will take your gaming to the next level.

[Ps4] [Sony Nav] [T9 Gamepad] [Logitech G502 Proteus] [Dpi's: 12,000, 3200, 4000, 2400] [Syncs: Off and Common]

Offline antithesis

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Mod Squad
It doesn't add input delay. What it does is increase left-stick position from 0 to 100 over a period of something like 30ms. A kb however will peg straight from 0 to 100 when pressed.

It's not a significant difference, but changing direction when using either analog input or SAB is slower than using a kb.

Official Australian distributor for XIM APEX, Titan One & Titan Two at Mod Squad
XIM Apex demos on Twitch and YouTube. Follow Twitter for live stream alerts